Revenge of the Armageddon of the Incredibles Generations: Back to the Independence Day Winter Soldier Rises Mania 30 Gaiden: Live Free or Cry Harder

riariadne

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone decided that Paperblade's role PM is definitely too long and then fought him. He could not defeat the mighty Scissorslance, and died.

Paperblade, you are Bane, League of Shadows Leader.

"I'm Gotham's reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on."

You are a supervillain in the Batman comics, but I've never read those, so let's talk about the Dark Knight Rises. You were a part of the League of Shadows, but were excommunicated by Ras al Ghul. Then he died, and his daughter let you in when she took over. There's more to your backstory but it isn't cool so I don't care. You orchestrate a master plan to destroy Gotham City, except it sucks because you're too focused on making Batman suffer and it would have went off perfectly if you just used the nuclear weapon as soon as you could, and also it turns out to not have been your idea at all. How much you made of it yourself is vague. Fuck Talia though, you did most of the work. Also your mask is a crippling flaw, which is unfortunate, and your death sucked. Still, you're pretty great and are portrayed as intelligent. You have come here to expand the League of Shadows so that you won't screw up destroying Gotham next time.

You are always on the lookout for new members of the League. Each even night, you must respond to this role PM "Night X: Come, USER. Join the League of Shadows." USER will be impressed enough to find your request compelling and join you, losing all role abilities and changing their win condition to your own. Their role name will become "Recruit". If both you and Barsad target the same person, night actions that would have prevented them from joining the League of Shadows will fail. You may not recruit members of the mafia.

If you and Barsad both die, any remaining members of the League of Shadows will be unable to operate and will leave the game.

It is also important to actually oppress people and run the League as well. Each night, you must select one of the following abilities, each of which are only usable once.

-"Night X: Breaking USER's spirit and body!" You will defeat USER in a fight and break their back with a defeat humiliating enough to crush their will, making their role change to "You have lost all will to act... you no longer have any personal actions!"

-"Night X: Speak of the devil and he shall appear!" You will pay a friendly visit to anyone who would target you that night, punching them in the face and thus roleblocking them.

-"Night X: Anyone who attempts to stop us now will learn the truth about despair." You will ensure that everyone else in the League of Shadows is kept alive, protecting them for that night.

-"Night X: You are with me, USER." If USER would be lynched the following day, you will scare everyone off, causing them to survive.

If and when you run out of all of the previous abilities, you will gain a new one.

You are aligned with the League of Shadows and win if your faction controls half of the remaining votes.

Day 5, 48 hours from now, etc

Y'know what's better than hitting my wheat allergy once in a row? Hitting it twice in a row.

If you REALLY NEED to tell me something, please do so via PM.

Attention, useful fullclaim here.

I only have one daykill. I can still kill at night, but there's a catch. More than half the living players have to respond to their role PM with "Day X: Chipping in to hire Spike to kill USER" (it does have to be during the day) for me to be able to kill that specific person. I can't nightkill twice in a row, and I can refuse to kill that person.

##Vote: SB because when I think about it, him being cult would fit with wanting to quicklynch scum.

(personally I would suggest scorri, but if somebody has a better case against someone else, go ahead and switch to that since scorri might just be apathetic town, I guess. Just don't pick a bunch of different people with no coordination.)

scorri was definitely town as of D4.

SB definitely has a normal role (component) and as of D3 was either cult co-leader or town. I'm inclined to say town, and my pick for cult co-leader is Shinori.

I think Kay got culted after her very townie dayshot, and I don't trust her offer to kill people. Her suggestion of killing scorri is also really weak.

Numbers are 3-2-2 or 2-3-2 (town-cult-scum). Technically they could also be 4-2-1 or 3-3-1 but I'm pretty sure there's two scum left.

Will put down a vote after I check some things.

Yes, exactly, hence why I don't trust her offer to kill people. I'm not doubting that that was her role at the start of the game--it's the kind of oddly-specific thing that has been all over this game--but I don't think it's still her role.

Anyway, town needs a cult lynch who's not the leader, so

##Vote: Kay

[spoiler=reasons for cult nonleader lynch]Options:
1. lynch town. Bad. duh.
2. lynch scum. Numbers go to 3-2-1 or 2-3-1. The latter is an instant win for cult, and happens if their recruit succeeded last night. I see no reason why it wouldn't have.
3. lynch Barsad. Numbers go to 3-2 or 2-2 entering night phase. Scum win.
4. lynch other cult. Numbers go to 3-1-2 or 2-2-2 entering night phase. The game goes on, particularly if Barsad can't recruit without Bane.

Why don't you guys try to lynch someone else you think is cult and I can prove my role tonight? Also, is there a reason for me being cult besides recruitmentspec, or is that it?

I've told you I think you're cult, I've explained to some people why I think you're cult, and it pretty much is "acting "helpful" but not actually seeming to scumhunt or do much".

I find it hard to believe your conversation with Grassbridger influenced anything at all.

Grass: Want to lynch someone who got culted, doesn't believe Kay is cult leader, thinks lynching the cult leader will lose the game for town

scorri: Wants to lynch cult leader, believes Kay is cult leader, thinks lynching the cult leader will win the game for town

Anyone else getting the cognitive dissonance?