Revenge of the Armageddon of the Incredibles Generations: Back to the Independence Day Winter Soldier Rises Mania 30 Gaiden: Live Free or Cry Harder

riariadne

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kay is deadline lynched

[spoiler=Kay (Spike Spiegel)]

Kay, you are Spike Spiegel, Town Space Cowboy.

"Bang."

You are a bounty hunter who works with a guy named Jet and eventually a few others to try and strike it rich- however this rarely works out well for you because there always ends up being something in your way that stops you from collecting a big bounty. Probably because you would have no reason to keep doing this and could retire. In the past you were a hitman for the Red Dragon crime syndicate, which you are not fond of. Someone hired you to be here.

You are a bounty hunter, so you will kill for the right price. If over half of the currently living players in the game respond to their role PM "Day X: Chipping in to hire Spike to kill USER," you will see this as enough money to be able to respond to your role PM the next night with "Night X: Hunting down and killing [uSER you were hired to kill]". You don't have to do this if you dont want to, and can't take jobs on consecutive nights.

Additionally, sometimes you take jobs that aren't that lucrative because you want to. Once, during the day, you may respond in the main thread "Bang.", and nothing more. You will shoot whoever you are voting for at the time. You can do this a night after you take a job, but the next night you will be unable to do so, even if you didn't kill someone the previous night.

You are aligned with the town and win if all hostile forces are eliminated.

This leaves there 3 League of Shadows members left against 3 others, meaning the League of Shadows is victorious.

[spoiler=SB (Barsad), scorri (Kamina), and Shinori (Space Ghost)]

SB, you are Barsad, League of Shadows Lieutenant.

"They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary- the masked man."

You are Bane's second in command in the Dark Knight Rises. You do a lot of things for Bane throughout the film to help him with his plan, and Bane trusts you to be his second in command, so clearly you must be pretty awesome. Bane brought you here.

You are to help Bane with recruitment. Every even night, you may respond to this role PM "Night X: Join us, USER". If Bane is dead or his recruitment fails, USER will be impressed enough to find your request compelling and join you, losing all role abilities and changing their win condition to your own. Their role name will become "Recruit". If both you and Bane target the same person, night actions that would have prevented them from joining the League of Shadows will fail. You may not recruit members of the mafia.

If both you and Bane are dead, it's over and the League of Shadows members will leave the game.

Additionally, Bane has asked of you to scout out the city for the best recruits. Each night you may respond to this role PM "Night X: What are you capable of, USER?" You observe USER carefully, receiving all of their role abilities and their role name.

You are aligned with the League of Shadows and win if your faction controls half of the remaining votes.

scorri, you are Kamina, Town Supporter League of Shadows Recruit.

"The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide! When they talk about its badass leader, the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity, they're talking about me! The mighty Kamina! I, Kamina, will not tolerate any further lawlessness in this village!"

You are a young man from the underground Giha village who gets in trouble with the chief often. When a giant robot falls from the ceiling, you proceed to try and beat the shit out of it with a sword. Then you and your best friend Simon and some other guys try to rebel against the evil Beastmen by stealing giant robots and row row fight the power etc. You are hot-headed and your ideas would be the stupidest shit ever in any other setting, but here they work because the setting runs exactly how you think it does. Unfortunately you die about a third of the way through the show, but you also will yourself back to life for a few minutes and revenge your own death, and you can't really ask to be cooler than that. Your triangle sunglasses are pretty great and are widely ripped off by characters who are invariably less cool than you. These Mafia fellows are dicks, so you're going to try and get them out of here.

As mentioned previously, you willed yourself back to life because you're the man. When successfully targeted by a lethal action, your role PM will be hidden. At any time before the game is over, you may respond in the thread "Who the hell do you think I am, USER? The mighty Kamina doesn't die to someone as weak as you!" If USER is the person to actually kill you and is still alive, you will revive yourself- if not, you will just look like a moron and your role PM will be revealed, this ability will be lost, and you will be dead for good. If you are successful, you won't lose this ability.

You are not actually that great of a fighter, but you are awesome at getting people off their asses and making them actually do something. Each day, you may respond to this role PM "Day X: Is that all you've got, USER? Put some backbone into it!" If USER has any personal night actions, they will decide to not let any horseshit stop them from performing night actions they use that night for any reason.

You have given up all personal actions upon joining the League of Shadows.

You are aligned with the town and win if all hostile forces are eliminated. You are aligned with the League of Shadows and win if your faction controls half of the remaining votes.

Shinori, you are Space Ghost, Town Talk-Show Host League of Shadows Recruit.

"Listen, I can't worry about every little snafu. I have celebrities to talk to!"

You are a rather unique superhero who comes from space and fights aliens and stuff. More importantly you are a talk show host, and your show Space Ghost Coast to Coast set the stage for Adult Swim. Anyway you're pretty cool and such... I don't really know what to say here, the Coast to Coast theme song is amazing or something. Yeah. You're here because you need to interview celebrities and you're a superhero.

You are charismatic and you have such a great talk show that you can get anyone to have a chat with you on it. Each night you may respond to this role PM "Night X: Inviting USER to Coast to Coast." You will have a wonderful discussion, receiving their character name and where they plan on going that night.

You have given up all personal actions upon joining the League of Shadows.

You are aligned with the town and win if all hostile forces are eliminated. You are aligned with the League of Shadows and win if your faction controls half of the remaining votes.

[spoiler=Refa (Balthier) and eclipse (Tyler Durden)]

Refa, you are Balthier, Mafia Leading Man.

"Princess! No need to worry. I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies."

You are the epitome of masculinity and class and are confident, but not selfish. You were made into a Judge at only sixteen, which is more proof you're the greatest, but politics happened and you left and stole a ship that you made better and called the Strahl and became a sky pirate. Then you become the main character of FF12. Not that loser Vaan, not the princess, you. Several of your lines say so, meaning it must be true. It is you who heroically stops the Bahamut from wrecking Rabanastre, and then returns despite appearing to sacrifice himself because the leading man never dies. Now you are here to be a sky pirate again and have assembled a team of other guys to do that.

Because you are so dashing and obviously protagonist material, nobody would ever suspect you of being a member of the Mafia. As such, on investigation, you will innocent on all alliance checks.

You have a companion, Fran, who you can send on intelligence missions. Each night you may respond to this role PM "Night X: Sending Fran to chat with USER." USER will be charmed into telling Fran their character name, role name, and any abilities they may have. Because this is not you, you will not be seen performing this action, and this ability will not show up on other abilities that would see your role.

Being a sky pirate, you have several talents that can help you find more information about people. You may use each of the following once each, and only one per night.

-"Examining all of USER's items." You will casually take all of USERs belongings and use them to determine their character name, role name, and any abilities they may have. However, you are a gentleman, and thus will return all the items... they probably suck anyway.

-"Noting USER's movements in the Strahl." You will keep track of USER's visiting that night and learn whoever they target and what actions they use.

-"Keeping the Strahl over USER's home." You will watch over USER that night and learn who targeted them and what actions were used.

You are aligned with the Mafia and win if all hostile forces are eliminated.

USER, you are Tyler Durden, Mafia Alter-Ego.

"Gentlemen! Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club."

You are a reimagination of the unnamed protagonist of fight club. You appear as his friend, starting the Fight Club with him as a beginning of your further plan, Project Mayhem, because you hate the corporations and such. Except you are actually him and he is an insomniac and doesnt remember what he does when he should be sleeping. It's kind of a huge mindfuck. This time youre working with a different group of people for Project Mayhem.

You are a powerful man, and as such you have ways of convincing people not to mess with people you dont want messed with. Each night you may respond to this role PM "Night X: USER, I'll be helping. Remember the rules of Fight Club." You will make sure nobody messes with USER, preventing all actions from targeting them- however, killers will not be deterred. You may only do this twice.

You also have many contacts, and may use this to your advantage. Each day you may respond to this role PM "Day X: Relaying MESSAGE to USER." One of your many agents will anonymously deliver this message to USER as soon as a host sees it. You can do this as many times as you like in one day phase within reason.

You have lost all will to act... you no longer have any personal actions!

You are aligned with the Mafia and win if all hostile forces are eliminated.

[spoiler=Grassbridger (Ganondorf)]

Grassbridger, you are Ganondorf, Town Secret Villain.

"The history of shadow and light shall be written in blood!"

You are the antagonist of many games in the Legend of Zelda series from the Gerudo tribe in the desert. Like Link and Zelda, you are a recurring character in the series under different forms (2 with multiple revivals, but people debate the official timeline so), with your personality varying a bit from game to game. You often wield the Triforce of Power and are depicted as pure evil, but you generally end up getting stabbed. Often you show up in games at the end even in places where it seems like you shouldn't be as the final boss, like Twilight Princess god dammit. However, you have a code of honor, and don't attack Link when it would be easy sometimes. This never works out for you, that might be something worth looking into. Despite all that for some reason you're town in this game. Okay, whatever. Maybe you want to use the town for your own gain like you did Zant fucking hell Twilight Princess.

Since you are so frequently a villain, you will appear guilty on any investigative reports, and your role name will appear as "King of Evil". Dammit!

You are great at taking over things suddenly, like Twilight Princess from Zant why would you do that, so you can take over people's roles no problem! Each night, you may respond to this role PM "Night X: USER1, I command you to target USER2!" USER1 will be scared of your immense power and final bossness and such and will target USER2. This won't work out if they are using multiple abilities, even though Zant had multiple attacks brb crying, or if they don't have a night action.

You are aligned with the town and win if all hostile forces are eliminated.

(also I actually like Ganondorf in Twilight Princess)

[spoiler=Information not in initial role PMs]Goku:

[Level 1 opponents: Yuri Lowell, Kamina, Spike Spiegel, Space Ghost, Tyler Durden, Iron Sheik, ChanServ, Barsad

Level 2 opponents: Captain America, Big Boss, V, Balthier, Bane

Level 3 opponents: Vergil, Ganondorf, Terminator

Loses to someone: Oh no! You have been defeated in a fight. These injuries are debilitating, and you have no easy way of recovering. You'll just have to avoid fighting. From now on, you may no longer fight to receive new powers.

Fights someone on a lesser level: That fight was easy! Too easy, in fact- you feel that you learned nothing from it! How unfortunate.

Defeats a level 1 opponent as Normal Form: You've secured a victory in a good fight and have regained the power to ascend to Super Saiyan! The first time you would be killed at night, you will survive the attempt and fight back, preventing your aggressor from using their role the next night.

Defeats a level 2 opponent as SSJ1: Once again you've managed to secure a win! Now you can ascend to Super Saiyan 2. Twice at night, you may respond to this role PM "Night X: Defending USER from everything!" You will block all actions that would target USER that night, including lethal ones.

Defeats a level 3 opponent as SSJ2: You've achieved a great victory and have returned to your highest level of strength! You can now ascend to Super Saiyan 3! Once at any time, you may respond in the main thread "Your time has come, USER! Spirit Bomb!" You will unleash a mighty ball of energy that will utterly destroy USER if they are not affiliated with the town! Additionally, you have become adept enough at reading ki that you will learn your targets alignment.]

Vergil:

[Now you're motivated! On Night 4 you must respond to this role PM "Foolishness, USER, foolishness." You will explain to USER why they are very foolish and they will feel bad. This doesn't do anything gamewise.]

Bane:

[You have set your plan in motion, and will now carry it out. Each night you must respond to this role PM "Night X: Crushing USER's soul!" USER will be completely devastated in battle, killing them.]

IO QT, which has links to mafia QT and cult QT http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/VyCnKHbrMCu5N

--

[spoiler=roles postgame]I wrote this in November, so fuck yeah. This will be in the same format as Theatre because I think that was a good one. Player analysis will be up whenever I feel like, deal with it.

ROLES

I'll start with these in approximately the order they were finished before Kaoz looked at them.

1. Bane

The star of the show. I went into this game wanting to make a cult, and to have a cult you need a cult leader, so in comes Bane! Deciding him to be every-other night was a decision I made fairly early on. I thought cult would get out of hand otherwise and didn't want it to swing the game too much if and when it died, which can be a problem in games with cults: being unable to kill the leader because it would make mafia win. I felt the setup would far too easily become unwinnable for town if he could recruit every other night. To compensate, I gave him a bunch of other good abilities so he would still be a strong role. I didn't really have many issues coming up with this role at all. I've always wanted to put the first one-shot ability in a game. It had a couple more at first and a weird pattern of alternating between recruiting and using the abilities, but that version wasn't very good. One thing to note was that I had the mafia as recruitable in the draft I sent to Kaoz, but he pointed out that this really left far too much room for shenanigans to work, so the recruiting method with Barsad was thrown in. Also, this role sort of had a really hard time claiming since it didn't have any sort of passive effect and all its oneshots are pretty scummy imo.

2. Captain America

A general countermeasure role. Doc for stopping kills, and generally Bane-immune so that the town had someone they could always trust if they chose to believe that. He got retroactively worse when I made the mafia immune to recruitment, I guess. Captain America is my favorite superhero and also great, fuck you BBM.

3. The Terminator

A lot of my games have one of these kind of guys. I added the BP because there were multiple non-mafia killing sources and I think that it's a fairly good measure against those. Also quacks are dumb. I had fun thinking up the ventriloquist thing, though some of my earlier ideas on how to make that work were pretty bad. The Terminator is cool and stuff. Also this role had a really hard time claiming, sort of, because Goku had a BP on the townside at level 1 and it clearly can't claim its killing abilities. BBM thought I picked this one because he's evil, but that was actually because the Terminator in 2 doesn't kill and the other movies suck. Well, I like 1 better than 2 anyway.

4. The Iron Sheik

Classic roleblocker. I think this role had by far the second hardest time with a fake after Terminator since the others sort of had built in ones, whereas roleblocker is not easy to claim while using it how you want to in OC. #teamsheikie

5. Yuri Lowell

This is by far the best of the roles that were intentionally on the weak side. I didn't really want to have a permanent alliance check without a lot of effort on the town's part because it had a bunch of little investigative roles. He had a sort of pattern I think is sort of neat going on with cop for earlygame, commute for midgame, and roleblock for lategame. Also I think this compared pretty well to Balthier's fakeclaim.

6. Ganondorf

This is another town role that wasn't fantastic. Redirector is definitely better in OC than NOC but it still has room to mess up. And miller is obviously not very good.

7. Kamina

Probably the last of "bad town roles". He was originally motivator but I switched that to empowerer when I put Vergil in instead of some other guys. The rogue thing was mostly just for fun, to be honest.

8. V

Mayors are cool. This role is deceptively good, I think. Mayor isn't too bad by itself and vengeful on top of it is pretty nice. The two aren't amazing on their own, but together it's definitely pretty strong. V for Vendetta is a great movie.

9. Goku

This was a fun role to make. My development name for this was "progressive jack" which I think is a fairly adequate description, moving along to better roles as he completed more fights. I guess this was sort of weird to guess with at first because you could argue some of the guys on level whatever aren't as good as guy x, but it had a scan for a reason. I figured getting level 1 would be easy and thus have the weakest reward, but the other two required a lot more work and thus had big payoff. I intentionally gave it the kind of scan-doc-vig combo of a normal jack, but with escalated power while being harder to use. This is actually kind of similar to the Avatar in ATLAM, which I didn't think of at all when I was making it.

10. Space Ghost

This was sort of a joke role at first. Actually, this is probably the most changed role in the setup because I had a wide assortment of different abilities on him before finally settling with what was probably the most useful version of him. Also he had the most changed quote, i went through a ton of different versions for that.

11. Spike Spiegel

This was sort of an interesting take on the "street justice" mechanic from Smogon's mafia mafia 2. It had some potential for the mafia to mess with it, and it is clearly a bit worse since it all rests in one guy's hands, but it's less instrumental to the setup as a whole and is more of a cool thing town can use if they're playing good. It also had the potential to claim it was being messed with and didn't get the right number of send-ins if culted, so it was not immediately screwed. The dayvig was for a more assured town-sided kill. Cowboy Bebop is probably my favorite anime and Spike is cool.

12. Tyler Durden

This role was a bit weaker compared to how it started. I had it as unlimited-shot safeguard when the mafia was susceptible to being culted, but when that was decided against, I restricted his shots as to not make the Terminator's hitman kill pointless. I think this was pretty easy to fake, too.

13. Balthier

This one is interesting. I didn't want to give the mafia a straight rolecop fakeclaim because I always give mafia a rolecop and I'm fairly sure everyone's caught on to that by now. But I still wanted them to have a rolecop because I think that's pretty important for every mafia to have. This was originally choose 2 of watch, track, follow, and voyeur with no combination being repeatable, but then I decided that's dumb and made the role way cooler.

14. Big Boss

This was watcher for a really long time because all my games have watchers, but eventually I felt town had too much investigation and had to nerf him. The eagle eye was added, which might have been a bit too strong, but I think it wasn't. It had the potential to backfire if whoever had it tried to abuse it by outing in public early because of the Terminator's hitman kill, and if it was quiet I don't think the info it would receive would be too bad.

15. Barsad

I added this one in after some talk with Xinny after the balance for town potentially starting off pretty badly. I had it as 10/4/1 with a N0 start, but the more I thought about it the more I figured that could really mess up town's day depending on what kind of role got recruited early. Plus, there was always the problem of recruiting a role that would otherwise be easy to prove that might have already claimed, like in Void, which would put the cult in serious jeopardy early on. So I added a failsafe for that and took out N0. Bane had some sort of weird investigating one-shot that I forget the exact details of that I moved to Barsad instead, which also allowed the factional kill to be online N5 like it would be normally.

16. Vergil

The tenth townie. I knew there was going to be one, but this was the last role I thought up in the draft I sent Kaoz. I was going to have Darth Vader in this spot to have a bunch of jokes about there being a lot of townies that were terrible fathers, and then I had someone else I forget, but I thought this would be funnier. Between the time of writing the role and starting the game I did play Devil May Cry 3, but I never really went back to edit it anyway. He had an N4 vig shot in place of his functionally worthless ability, but Kaoz thought I should cut down on town killing power, which was something I had been thinking about doing anyway.

17. ChanServ

Kaoz said I should have another townie so I did. most incredible abilities.

also this gave me an excuse to do something funny in IRC. I think a few people were confused by the quote when I did that but I never bothered explaining it.

FLAVOR

There was no flavor.

RULES

I don't feel the need to explain any rules.

Voice all complaints loudly so I can tell you why you're wrong.

Edited by Reinfleche

Voice all complaints loudly so I can tell you why you're wrong.

Well...only because you asked.

Cult only won because eclipse was sick and Objection was dumb. :(

Actually we woulda won originally had scorri not been sick cause we coulda piled on votes onto kay when GB voted Kay.

So if you are gonna pull that card refa sorry our's came first.

The difference is that functionally there were 6 votes floating about and only 3 of those would vote cult. :\ Do you really not see the problem there? The fact that you had the option to hammer at all yet neither town/scum could shows that you had an unfair advantage that you shouldn't have had in the first place.

Also just want to say while I think a townie getting himself modkilled hurting my wincon is dumb, I don't really blame Rein for it and don't see what else he could've done about it. C'est la vie.

You are a reimagination of the unnamed protagonist of fight club. You appear as his friend, starting the Fight Club with him as a beginning of your further plan, Project Mayhem, because you hate the corporations and such. Except you are actually him and he is an insomniac and doesnt remember what he does when he should be sleeping. It's kind of a huge mindfuck.

no matter how many times I tried to understand this movie I just couldn't

I don't think Barsad's recruit should have kept functioning after Bane was dead. Cult deputy is kind of cool though.

I don't agree with this. When cult is already every other night it needs all the help it can get.

I based cult after the one in Void mostly and I also think cults should have some sort of staying power anyway.

imo Kay's role should have been the cultproof, since it seems like her role was supposed to balance out the setup being 11/4/2 on D1

although I guess she could've been vanilla-ized/killed

Edited by Paperblade

I thought you were maf from like d1

and you apparently were gonna modkill yourself to screw over SB if he was cult in Pig so there was no point even if you were town

Nah, I was just going to have him lynched. :P:

Getting your cult leader lynched after you get culted is anti-wincon, and if I'd been Rein I wouldn't have let you sign up for a game with a cult in it. >_>

Anyways I was basically mafia LVP for messing around in the first hour of the game and then subbing out and leaving Snike with my mess. Really sorry again.

...This game. Made me so very sad, lol...

1. Unintentionally ends up hammering someone I actually trusted D1 (didn't refresh my page when I was posting, so my post slid in after 2-3 others before me...). I only meant to pressure-vote to visually (in-thread) encourage Doofina to post her claim... ;_;''

2. Ends up trusting the wrong person thereafter, lol. Was stuck between Scorri and Eclipse, and chose Eclipse. GG'd me. (And since Eclipse found out I was setting explosives next to KIRSCHE.... welp...#3 GG)

3. Ended up bombing/killing Kirsche, and having Kirsche flip townie (and scum forcing me to post what I did in-thread after I got silenced, darn you terminator!). Lol.... and here I thought I was going to at least do some good and hopefully make up for Doofina's death. *dies inside*

##ForevernowhavetrustissuesinOCMafiagames. THANKS ECLIPSE. T_________T;;

I'm so bad at this game. xD

(Though my role PM I also misinterpreted; I thought my double-vote would've shown on the votals, so I also refrained from any sort of voting until near the end of the day phase. Until I learned [near the end of the phase] that it'd be cast as an invisible vote....that was just awkward timing in me finding that out. ._.)

OC isn't the easiest, Eury, and you TRIED. You'll get better at it, I promise!

(BBM: Of the two times I've been culted, my faction killed the cult leader both times. . .granted, one was in a situation where I should've had no contact with the mafia after culting, and the other one was semi-unintentional. . .but I kind of like the trend of kicking the cult leader's butt as soon as I'm recruited)

I'm sorry but that's gamethrowing and I wouldn't allow that in any future games I host with cult /: cm4 was different because I didn't know how to balance setups I just wanted role madness

(BBM: Of the two times I've been culted, my faction killed the cult leader both times. . .granted, one was in a situation where I should've had no contact with the mafia after culting, and the other one was semi-unintentional. . .but I kind of like the trend of kicking the cult leader's butt as soon as I'm recruited)

Let's play a game.

Is the Cult going to never recruit eclipse because they're afraid she'll stab them in the back, or will the Cult recruit eclipse because she'd be the last person you'd expect to be culted?

Maybe eclipse is even banking on such a reputation, so that people are less likely to suspect her of being culted when she IS actually Cult...

In all seriousness...

Being anti-wincon like that seems almost like a trust-tell in how it affects the game (although not nearly to the same extent, and in ultimate effect, not mechanism/intent). Even disregarding the whole gamethrowing aspect of it. I would totally agree with BBM on not letting such a player sign up.

EDIT: and Bizz

All of this from my untrained eyes, of course, so I'm sure I'm wrong about something.

oh hm cut there we go

Edited by Euklyd

. . .and here we go with the differences in philosophies.

I think that playing with only winning in mind is. . .restrictive. It eliminates the set of things I could do to screw over another faction, my own win condition aside. For example, had the mafia killed no one on N4 in this game, it would've ended it right then and there. Anti-wincon - absolutely. Telling the town fuck you in the worst way possible after lynching a mafia member during the time when town needed to cooperate with mafia - do that in my game, and I'd be fine with it. Lynching the cult leader after you've been culted because you don't want them to win - if I ever host another game with a cult, feel free to do this (being a third party is inherently risky, and I think internal betrayal should be factored in; it'll also remind me why I despise cults). Then again, I usually don't give fucks about losing - this is a game, and I can take the blow to my pride if I don't win it for whatever reason. Now, if I felt the game was unwinnable to begin with. . .(wasn't the case here).

tl;dr - I care more about the journey than the destination, and as long as I was amused on the way, I care not if I win. I wonder if the "win at all costs" mentality is causing more problems than it should. . .

It's an interesting way to go about it but it makes the environment generally less fun and from past experiences (usually me/my faction being the one fucked over) I despise gamethrowing. Maybe that's still part of me putting my worth into a game. but I mean if you wanted to encourage people play against their wincons you could build a specific game for that if you wanted. I wouldn't play it though.

Edited by Miria Harvent

What I was saying is that having a reputation for stabbing cults in the back gives people a meta (out-of-game) reason to believe you're probably not cult. (I'm using meta to refer to something entirely different than scum meta or town meta or whatnot).

Which, IMO, is something that is against the spirit of the game.

I was talking about less barring you from the game for "playing against your wincon" and more for "having an unfair...'advantage' in a Cult game".

..."Advantage" isn't the word I'm looking for. More like "influence"... Hm.

I'm sure someone else has put the thoughts I have about this into much more elegant words than mine.

but like now I'm rambling about play philosophy and there's probably been all sorts of discussion of this sort of thing and it's been settled for a long time and I don't really feel qualified anyways

anyways the point of all this is...someone should totally make a game where eclipse is Cult Leader