Revenge of the Armageddon of the Incredibles Generations: Back to the Independence Day Winter Soldier Rises Mania 30 Gaiden: Live Free or Cry Harder

riariadne

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna accept a townleader that's anything but straight up "Cannot be recruited by my own might", if your Shrink/Safeguard is killed you can't be trusted, and even if they're alive they could get recruited followed by you.

@Paper, Shinori, Kirsche, SB, and others: I see the points in the dangers of who'd be leading n' such, as Paper's supplied. However, are there normally roles that are 'cult-proof' floating around? If not (since I don't recall seeing one in the last OC game either, in which we had a vanilla townie leading us instead), then we either settle with someone leading knowing the risks, or we don't get a leader at all based on the fact that no one's recruit-proof. :/

@Shinori: For what reasons do you disagree with/dislike Kirsche's offer to lead?

@Paper: So, if all else fails and we don't have a cult-proof to lead, you'd ultimately still refuse to aid in any efforts to organize the townies under a leader? (Unless I'm misunderstanding what you typed).

Cause I think he's scum and I don't want him to have info? That's pretty obvious by my vote being on him.

Also the whole issue with a leader is it's possible for a leader to be culted if something were to happen, I mean for all we know the cultist might have a 1-shot unstoppable cult to STOP town leaders.

Cause I think he's scum and I don't want him to have info? That's pretty obvious by my vote being on him.

Also the whole issue with a leader is it's possible for a leader to be culted if something were to happen, I mean for all we know the cultist might have a 1-shot unstoppable cult to STOP town leaders.

Good thing I'm not cultable, now isn't it.

I claim Terminator, Town Cyborg. I am immune to being recruited by the League of Shadows. I don't want claims right now, but come tomorrow, if/when I am cleared, it'll be clamtome.

For now I'd like to

##Vote: Kirsche

From what I read in the log conversation BBM had with you, it felt like you were on a fishing trip. I don't appreciate that.

The "Hi I'm a co-mod" Votals:

Snike(1): SB.

Kay(1): Paperblade

Doofina(3): Grassbridger, kirsche, Refa

kirsche(4): Shinori, Polydeuces, Doofina, Snike

Polydeuces(1): The Objection!

Grassbridger(1): Shin

The problem with the US (7): scorri, Skyward/JB, Bluedoom, Eurykins, Kay, eclipse

I went ahead and got ISOs because I could:

Paperblade

BBM/ Snike

Polydeuces

scorri

Grassbridger

kirsche

Shinori

Skyward/JB

Doofina

Refa

Marth/Bluedoom

Objection

SB

Shin

Eurykins

Kay

eclipse

**Day 1 ends at December 24th, 2013, 5:30 PM (GMT-5). You have 18 hours and 20 minutes until Phase End.**

. . .I just realized how lame the end time is.

Eurykins, the last OC game didn't have a cult - cults are harmful, PiG's thing wasn't. This time, the cult is host-confirmed, which is why I think people are less likely to claim willy-nilly.

...SB's role in PiG wasn't considered a cult? (I recalled it still had the recruiting function, so I assumed it fell under the realms of a cult; but in PiG Mafia's case, it was just a twist on the cult role that ended up not harming town). Huh, alright.

I've had a talk with a number of people and from what they've shared with me, I'm really not liking kirsche, who's generally been trying to get info without really giving much back in return. I'm also seeing a lovely Grass/Kirsche duo in the votals.

##Unvote

##Vote: kirsche

who's generally been trying to get info without really giving much back in return.

This is how you play OC.

I never thought I'd say I missed life but damn.

From what I read in the log conversation BBM had with you, it felt like you were on a fishing trip

I don't know what I was fishing for. I asked BBM if cultproof was his fakeclaim in a joking way and that's the closest I came to rolefishing.

If people are voting me because of their conversations with Doofina please be aware that Doofina has been putting words into my mouth. No I never said I thought BBM wanted to be town leader or even thought as much.

People voting me should come on irc, I'll be here for about an hour and *should* be back before phase end.

Ok so I might not be around for phase end, so here's my *potentially* final parting words.

[spoiler=My defence]

I'm going to rip apart all the votes on me.

-Shinori's is based off of meta from one game where I was SK and not mafia. I try to play SK the exact same way as I do town and I think that's why the two times I was SK I have survived relatively long. If my play looks like the play from SK!me that's because SK!me is basically copying TOWN!me.

-Doofina's is opportunistic and because he thought I was tunneling on BBM when I was pretty focused on GB at the time too.

-Snike's is just a misinterpretation of our convo I think.

-Shin is voting me for playing OC like everyone should.

[spoiler=Why Doofina is scum]

-Making an RVS vote before reading the thread, then sticking to it even though he had a scumread after reading the thread.

-Waiting to see if his case would be objected to before laying a vote down.

-Putting words in my mouth. This is one of the seven deadly sins of OC imo.

I am happy to follow Snike because I thought BBM's slot is town regardless. For those unaware, my BBM case is completely blown out of proportion to see what people would think. My conclusion from the reaction test(s) is in my Doofina vote post.

So I had a conversation with Doofina a few days ago and she made a scumslip and I missed it til now

[spoiler=Doofina slip](10:07:11 PM) Doofina: but i'm willing to look past finding scum right now to find cult
(10:07:22 PM) Doofina: because cult is dangerous to both town and scum

town only cares about things that are dangerous to town

Snike (1): SB

Kay (1): Paperblade

Doofina (4): Grassbridger, kirsche, Refa, jaybee

kirsche (4): Shinori, Doofina, Snike, Shin

Polydeuces (1): The Objection!

Bluedoom (1): Polydecues

Voteless nazis (5): scorri, Bluedoom, Eurykins, Kay, eclipse

Day 1 ends at December 24th, 2013, 5:30 PM (GMT-5). 5 hours and 20 minutes to phase end. It takes 6 to lynch, 9 to hammer.

town only cares about things that are dangerous to town

Why do you not consider cult dangerous to town?

Just because cult is also a threat to scum doesn't make it threatening to town as well.