Holiday Movies!

Anacybele

Since it's that time of year again, let's talk about our favorite holiday season movies!

My favorite definitely has to be Jingle All the Way. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. :D It's just freaking FUNNY and the story is pretty heartwarming. A dad is just trying to get his kid that popular toy for Christmas and it results in all kinds of craziness. And he can't seem to keep the promises he makes to his kid. But he winds up doing something bigger than anyone ever imagined for him!

The best part though, imo, has to be the bomb scene. Just oh my GAWD. XD

Myron (the mailman, who's played by Sinbad): *rants to the cops that the package he's holding is a bomb*

Howard (Schwarzenegger): *sneaks out of the building*

*Myron puts the package on the floor and also escapes*

Police captain: Relax, gentleman, I was on the bomb squad for 10 years... *goes on about how he doesn't believe it's a bomb*

Howard: *is outside at this point*

Police captain: *rips the package open*

BOOOM!

Howard: *freezes where he is and stares*

Myron: *running down the hall* That was really a bomb? This is a SICK world we live in! With SICK people!

Just LOL. Myron the mailman has to be the funniest character in the movie too. XD

I also like these movies:

- The Santa Claus

- The Santa Claus 2 (or was it 3? There was one in this series that I didn't see, and I know it isn't the first)

- The Search for Santa Paws

- Santa Buddies

- Home Alone 3 (this is actually my favorite movie ever, but it doesn't have as much emphasis on the holiday season as Jingle All the Way, so...)

- Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (an animated movie based entirely on the song)

- Olive the Other Reindeer (I saw this one for the first time last year, it was cute! The title is a pun off of "all of the other reindeer")

- Barbie in the Nutcracker (not kidding, for a Barbie film, it was actually pretty cool. Watched it when I was a kid)

- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated one. The live action one was too weird for me at times)

And of course the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movies I watched as a kid too. :3 I need to see Santa Paws 2, dang it. Santa Buddies is actually a sequel to Santa Paws as well, by the way. Both series of movies take place in the same timeline. All were made by Disney. I kind of have a thing for movies about talking animals, especially dogs. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I like the old classic ones, like White Christmas, a Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th St and It's a Wonderful Life, that are so heart warming my insides start to melt. I also like Jingle All The Way simply because how ridiculous Schwartzenegger looks in a family setting. It's a Wonderful Life is actually one of my top favourite movies of all time.

Edited by Knight

the last time i watched jingle all the way i fell asleep throughout most of it. mainly because i came back from a party where i literally had no sleep from.........yeah my favourite would be die hard if that counts. if not, home alone i guess

I love The Nightmare before Christmas. It has sadly gotten a reputation for being for wannabe emo teens only, something it doesn't deserve at all.

I also love Disneys "From All of Us to All of You", which, here in Scandinavia, is almost mandatory to watch every Christmas' eve.

Nightmare before christmas.

I love The Nightmare before Christmas. It has sadly gotten a reputation for being for wannabe emo teens only, something it doesn't deserve at all.

I also love Disneys "From All of Us to All of You", which, here in Scandinavia, is almost mandatory to watch every Christmas' eve.

I still have and occasionally watch my VHS of that movie. One of my Disney favorites :):

Touchstone is nothing more than a label Disney uses when they feel a movie is "too dark" to release under the Walt Disney label. It is not a separate company. Jack Skellington would have never been featured in Kingdom Hearts if he wasn't property of Disney.

More on topic, my favorite holiday movie is Bad Santa.

The Santa Claus and the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Along with the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas are usually what I watch every year at the time.

Not to mention all the old Stop-Motion ones

Die Hard :Kappa:

It's A Wonderful Life is also a Christmas classic, but I also like 1938 and 1951 versions of A Christmas Carol, along with The Muppet Christmas Carol a lot too. I guess it's just a story I enjoy overall!

Although the classics can not be beat, I gotta say Elf is my favorite. Simply because of that one scene where Buddy is in the mall, and the manager announces that Santa Clause is coming to town, and he just screams "SANTAAAAAA, OH MY GOD!!......I know him. I know him."

Gets me every time xD