Pokebank!!!

Meepo

There's nothing wrong with legal pokemon hacking. As long as they have legit stats and both players have access/agree to it, there shouldnt be any problem. Not everyone has the time/patience to grind eggs. It's become easier in gen 6, but stlll requires enough patience and time to be annoying.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was celebi banned/why would it be banned before it was even able to be used

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Victini have always been banned from Battle Tower / WiFi.

Also, a legit jap Celebi was already released some time ago if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Also

As long as they have legit stats and both players have access/agree to it, there shouldnt be any problem.

This. Pretty much sums what I think when I'm not ranting.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Isn't it always like that when some company releases something big involving a lot of people connecting at once.

Diablo 3 had Error 37 and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh god why! I purged that from my mind.

Actually, a good point can be made here. Back during WoW Wrath of the Lich King there were some pretty severe server stability issues as well due to traffic, but fast forward an expansion or two and suddenly Blizzard finds a way to improve server infrastructure for that game (sadly this didn't help on the D3 front, but oh well).

IIRC, Nintendo and Game Freak have recently (as in a few years ago) gotten into providing an online experience for Pokemon players and chances are they have to deal with more traffic, so this Pokebank crashing and delaying thing doesn't remotely surprise me.

Edited by Interest

I'm very sad about this...

Not that I mind hacking, but that gen VI will be flooded with the stuff.

I'm excited to start breeding for mons (Like Porygon, Feebas, Mudkip, and stuff), but still...

I spent 500 hours getting where I am...

Also:

Neal is a hacker indeed

When in Rome, do as the Romans do? :newyears:

But seriously, while I've hacked in the past, I've never used them online and stuff. I only use legit Pokémon there.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

But seriously, while, I've hacked in the past, I've never used them online and stuff. I only use legit Pokémon there.

I would say this is perfectly acceptable. On a side note, I mostly "hack" in order to unlock event content that is already on the game - I simply missed the window of time to get said item to unlock the event. God forbid I touch something that generates Pokemon that are clearly illegal or too strong for their own good.

as i recall, back in gen4 my brother got his hands on an obviously hacked shiny Darkrai through trading with a friend. as i recall, it was very much the definition of completely and obviously wrong: it had Wonder Guard, an illicit moveset, probably had over 510 EVs and (this is just conjecture) probably was edited to the point of its IVs really not matching its generated PID at all

i'm almost tempted to convince him to try banking it just to see if their hack "checks" have any standards whatsoever

okay there we go the international release of Bank is officially postponed

damn :(

This is why you release this kind stuff at release as part of the game rather than waiting for Christmas and screwing everything up. (Or at least make sure your servers can handle it before releasing it) Would it be so hard to be able to transfer your Pokemon to gen 6 without some additional application? I think not.

Edited by Kamina

GOD DAMMIT

I was looking forward to it so much...

I know right? This is completely Nintendo's fault for having the brilliant idea of waiting until Christmas to release the Pokemon Bank. I've been patiently waiting for this to come out, with a minimal amount of complaint, but now that Nintendo royally screwed up, I'm not gonna hold my tongue anymore.

Edited by Kamina

We don't even know when its going to be released anymore

I'm losing hope...and getting REALLY FUCKING PISSED

EDIT: YOU KNOW WHAT NO FLIPPING ISN'T EVEN ENOUGH OF A WORD TO DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL; IMMA BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS

Edited by Siegmund

I'm mildly relieved, because I can't even access the eShop to update my Pokemon. If they can't keep their current stuff up to snuff, then I don't think it would be a good idea to add more things to the mix!

I'm mildly relieved, because I can't even access the eShop to update my Pokemon. If they can't keep their current stuff up to snuff, then I don't think it would be a good idea to add more things to the mix!

Yeah eShop seems to be closed down...hopefully when it opens back up Pokebank will be available for download

That is true, but there is also an aspect of very poor timing involved in this. Who's bright idea was it to release the Pokemon Bank on Christmas?