What pairings do you use?

Want to know

Also you can tell me why

Maribell!Lucina (Dark flier Lucina is awesome)

Henry!Cynthia (Galeforce sorcerer)

Libra!Owain (Awesome mods and sorcerer)

Gaius!Nah (Galeforce and manakate)

Donnel!Kjelle (Galeforce Kjelle)

Virion!Laurent (Good Mods)

Ricken!Noire (6 magic mod)

Lon'qu!Severa (6 Skill and speed)

Stahl!Yarne (Good mods)

Vaike!Gerome (7 Strength)

Yet another thread that we've had a lot of, but I don't care lol. Threads get old and new members join. So yeah. :P I use these pairings, which will never change (unless I decide to play a male Avatar, and even then, most would still remain the same). :)

Frederick x Kelli (Avatar) - My main Awakening OTP for several reasons. When I played the demo and first noticed that Frederick was the only one not to trust the Avatar right away, I thought, how awesome would it be if he ironically ended up being the one to marry her? And I also heard that the female Avatar calls him Freddy Bear. Which is absolutely ADORABLE. I also plain love the support, the bear meat thing is so cute and funny lol. Frederick's confession is also sweet and charming as hell, as he's the only character that gives the Avatar a kiss of any kind and I've always liked the idea of a man kneeling and kissing my hand. :3 Also, I love Frederick to bits, I'd marry a man like him in real life. He's so wonderful. :wub: Lastly, male Morgan is amazing with that brown hair!

Chrom x Olivia - I don't care what people say about this not making sense because they "just met" I really like them together! And romances CAN actually develop quickly in real life too, although it isn't often. Hot prince with cute sparkly dancer is just cute, imo. And I love Inigo with Chrom's blue hair, and the father support makes so much sense. Also, Rightful King alongside skills like Astra and Luna is awesome. I don't care about Lucina, so whatever it does for her doesn't matter to me. But I still dig this pairing!

Stahl x Cordelia - Cute support and amazing Severa! I love the harp duet thing, it's so adorable. And Cordelia needs a guy like Stahl. He'd never ever make her feel lonely or unloved again. I also think he'd do the same for Severa. Stahl is just too kind, too caring.

Lon'qu x Cherche - The backstory here! Cherche helps Lon'qu deal with the most painful part of his past and all that. I can't imagine him NOT falling for the woman that cured him of all that pain. And she asks him on a picnic, so cute. ^^ I also think Lon'qu fits pretty well as Gerome's father. They both seem to prefer keeping to themselves and such, and they both have deep voices. :P

Donnel x Lissa - One word. Cuteness. Just TONS of cuteness! I also think the very idea of a cute farm boy with a cute princess is insanely cute. And Donnel's mother would be so proud of him if he returned home honed from war and with a princess in his arms.

Gaius x Maribelle - The backstory in the support again! These two had such a touching history together that I had to pair them. Gaius saved not only Maribelle's life, but that of her father too, and he hadn't even ever met them! It shows how noble he really is for a thief, and Maribelle learns that you can't judge a book by its cover. They fit so well together. One of those cases where I like pairing the opposites.

Henry x Sumia - Hilarious support, and leftovers. I had already paired off Sumia's other options (I dislike how she has limited supports...).

Ricken x Nowi - I just can't see Ricken with anyone else. It's too weird for me. And these two look adorable together. Also, since Ricken is likely the youngest of all the first gen guys, Nowi would probably have the most years with him.

Vaike x Sully - Hothead pairing. Always dug those. lol

Kellam x Miriel - Miriel is the only one that pays any attention to the poor guy and Kellam is kinda cool, imo. He just got slammed with a bad gimmick.

Virion x Panne - Was mostly a leftovers decision, but also, I like the father support in this case. Would you blame Yarne for thinking a guy like Virion was cheating on his wife? lol

Gregor x Tharja - This support is the only instance so far where I've ever liked Tharja. She was kind enough to let Gregor contact his dead brother through her magic. It was pretty sweet.

Now as for the second generation...

Gerome x Lucina - Childhood friends, and they look good together, imo. I'm almost always a sucker for these kinds of pairings. :P

Inigo x Severa - Oh my gods, the HILARITY. XD I actually ship Inigo with an OC outside of the game, but for the game itself, I pair these two. They look adorable together too!

Owain x Cynthia - They just seem totally made for each other, seriously.

Yarne x Nah - Bunny and dragon pairing ftw!

Morgan x Noire - Leftovers decision, and they look kinda cute together. Outside of the game, I ship Morgan with Severa.

Laurent x Kjelle - Leftovers decision again. Although, I'm considering doing a playthrough someday where I have a red-haired male Avatar marry Sully, so I have "Harry Potter" and "Ginny Weasley" together. lol (remember I pair Miriel with Kellam, so that would make a black haired Laurent)

Libra and Brady are forever alone lol. Sorry, priests. :P

Edited by Anacybele

MU x Olivia (Patiently awaiting Rey) From all runs forward: MU x Severa

Chrom x Sumia (Dev Ship)

Gaius x Cordelia (Unintentional Vengeance/Vantage Severa)

Donny x Lissa (I don't care if it's Donnel)

Ricken x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Cherche

Virion x Sully

Kellam x Panne

Henry x Tharja (The psychopaths can have each other...)

Stahl x Miriel

Gregor x Nowi

Gerome x Lucina

Inigo x Severa

Owain x Morgan(F)

Yarne x Cynthia

Laurent x Noire

Brady x Kjelle

Yes, I know. Pairings are the one thing I refuse to optimize.

Edited by Gaius217

All my pairings are based on support quality first; they still tend to give me good children though even if they're not optimal (Chrom/Avatar and Tiki/Avatar are understatements though. I love them very much, but sometimes I think they break the game too hard.) XD

Chrom/Female Avatar

Male Avatar/Tiki

Lon'qu/Lissa

Frederick/Sumia

Stahl/Sully

Virion/Cherche

Vaike/Cordelia

Kellam/Miriel

Ricken/Nowi

Gaius/Maribelle

Gregor/Panne

Libra/Olivia

Henry/Tharja

Owain/Lucina

Gerome/Cynthia

Brady/Kjelle

Inigo/Severa

Yarne/Nah

Laurent/Noire

Donnel and my Morgans are forever alone.

If you want my in-depth reasonings, look up the old pairing threads we had several months ago when the game came out; I have a splitting headache atm, and I don't feel like digging those up right now.... XP

I'm still waiting on filling the support log before choosing my definite favorites though I still have some that I already know.

Anyway here is the list I made on my first run through the game

Chrom/FeMU

Lissa/Lon'Qu

Sumia/Fred

Sully/Virion

Cordelia/Stahl

Miriel/Kellam

Maribelle/Ricken

Panne-Vaike

Nowi-Donnel

Tharja-Gaius

Olivia-Libra

Cherche-Henry

Lucina-Inigo

Morgan-Severa

Owain-Cynthia

Kjelle-Brady

Noire-Yarne

Nah-Gerome

MaMU/Tiki

Some of them I chose because I liked the support, others just because I needed pairings XP

ChromxSumia

StahlxOlivia

VaikexNowi

GregorxTharja

HenryxSully

GaiusxPanne

RickenxMiriel

Lon'quxMaribelle

DonnelxLissa

VirionxCherche

FrederickxBench

For gen 2

SeveraxOwain

MorganxInigo

GeromexCynthia

LucinaxLaurent

YarnexNah

NoirexBrady

KjellexForever alone

The only one I use on each playthrough is the female avatar and Henry and the female avatar, as they are always seemingly indestructible. My avatar has amazingly high defence, and the two can go through a whole battle without every sustaining damage.

Some personal favourites are Chrom x Female Avatar, whether they're married or not, as they're both two of my favourite characters that clearly care for each other so it's nice for them to fight together. I also like Lon'qu and Panne, since Panne is so intimidating and Lon'qu is petrified of women.

Yes, I optimize. Shoot me. Actually, when I use these pairings I actually grow to not completely ignore the supports sometimes.

Chrom/Olivia, Avatar/Nowi, Libra/Lissa, Gregor/Maribelle, Donnel/Sully, Henry/Sumia, Vaike/Cordelia, Stahl/Cherche, Virion/Panne, Lon'qu/Miriel, Gaius/Tharja.

These pairings change between each run, so I'm going to list my favourites.

Chrom/Maribelle

Lon'qu/Panne

Gaius/Lissa

Stahl/Nowi

Ricken/Miriel

Vaike/Tharja

Gregor/Cordelia

Frederick/Sumia

Henry/Sully

Virion/Olivia

Donnel/Cherche

Myself/Aversa

Kellam and Libra: Forever alone

Laurent/MorganF

Brady/Noire

Inigo/Lucina

Gerome/Kjelle

Yarne/Severa

Owain/Nah

Cynthia: Forever alone (although I am often tempted to marry all of Sumia's potential suitors off, in a bid to save my eardrums from Cynthia's annoying voice acting).

As for why I pair them this way, it's because I don't give a rat's arse about all that "optimisation" crap.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Libra and Brady are forever alone lol. Sorry, priests. :P

SHAME!! Libra is the pinnacle of manliness!!

My pairings change with each run, so ill just list the ones i like the best.

Chrom/Olivia (i like Chrom/Maribelle too)

Virion/Cherche

Tharja/Henry (i love me some Sumia/Henry too)

Gaius/Sully

Stahl/Lissa

Donnel/Nowi

Panne/Frederick

Cordelia/Gregor is funny

Libra/Lissa (or if shes not being paired with Stahl, Libra/Olivia)

Miriel/Anyone who strikes my fancy.

Vaike, Kellam, and Ricken often dont get paired.

Kids:

Morgs/Gerome <3

Owain/Cynthia

Severa/Yarne

Lucina/Inigo (when they arent siblings)

I also love Owain/Nah

Olivia!Lucina x Donnel!Yarne

Libra!Owain x Ricken!Kjelle

Chrom!Inigo x Gregor!Noire

Vaike!Brady x Henry!Cynthia

Lon'qu!Severa x Avatar-M (+Spd/-Def)

Kellam!Gerome x Stahl!Nah

Severa!Morgan x Gaius!Laurent

That's what I'm using now. A cookie for anyone who can tell me what I'm doing with such odd pairings.

I have a couple of pairings that I use, depending on who my avatar marries and who I feel like using.

Miriel/maMU

Henry/feMU

Miriel/Henry

Libra/Cherche

Cherche/Virion

Chrom/Olivia

Chrom/Maribelle

Maribelle/Libra

Maribelle/maMU

Starting to see a pattern? That's because the characters most likely to be used in my playthroughs are MU, MU's family, Chrom, Chrom's family, Miriel, Henry, Libra, Cherche, Olivia, Maribelle, and sometimes Virion if I have space for him. I don't really care to use most of the other characters, so I just pair them off to whoever. Basically, I just pair people for convenience to my team.

I do like maMU/Miriel and feMU/Henry a lot, though.