Which characters did you dislike in the game?

Oh that guy, didn't know at first because the only non-recurring bosses I can remember are Mustapha and Eyrios

Eyrios is a playable character. That's pretty recurring if you ask me.

(We're talking about the same Eyrios, right?)

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is honestly why I think you don't belong in discussing gameplay element threads that you do happen to post in.

You don't even see what I'm getting at. You only see the fact that I was wrong that I said "if" you were talking about maximum stats.

My point was: "Why are you saying Sumia's better at only speed, when you use INFINITE EXP AND SUPPORT POINTS" for a different way to bash Sumia.

When you are using that premise, there is NO POINT besides maximum stats. GROWTHS DON'T MATTER.

You just care about justifying your blatant statements of why you hate a character and why you like a different one.

For goodness sake that thread you started about Cordelia long ago makes me go "why!?".

You just want to be more associated with a character you like.

For goodness sake, you devalue Sumia with your ONE statement.

I may be acting like a child right now... but so are you.

[/white knight]

Sorry, but the only one acting like a child is you. I never provoked you into bashing or picking on me, you're doing that yourself. I tried to explain why I think Sumia is an overall inferior unit to Cordelia, but it seems you'll never get it, so I'm done talking to you.

Nothing's wrong with thinking Sumia's inferior to Cordelia (that in itself is credible), but the fact that you claimed that Sumia's a crappy, worthless unit isn't true at all. :/

Sorry, but the only one acting like a child is you. I never provoked you into bashing or picking on me, you're doing that yourself. I tried to explain why I think Sumia is an overall inferior unit to Cordelia, but it seems you'll never get it, so I'm done talking to you.

No, you said Cordelia was better than Sumia at everything, even going as far to say she was absolute crap, so I'd say he had a right to call you out. Sumia is a Pegasus Knight earlygame, and that at least counts for something, since you don't get Cordelia until around Chapter 10 (by memory, don't kill if I'm wrong). I'd like to know how Sumia is absolute crap.

Ninja'd by ZM.

Edited by Comet

Wow people, can't I have a life without someone starting something?

Anacybele, no one is bashing you for liking Cordelia more than Sumia. Heck, no one is even bashing you for having Cordelias that come out better than your Sumias. However, just because Sumia isn't good for you nor does she do as well as Cordelia does for you does not make her absolute crap. The moment you call her absolute crap like it's a fact, you're treading on other people. You cannot use just your experiences about a character to say that she is objectively terrible.

Let me use an example. My Cordelias are worse than my Sumias on average. I have Cordelias who won't gain speed, who don't get much strength, and just get a lot of useless HP and skill. Is Cordelia absolute crap as a character because she sucks for me? No. Likewise, I have never had a good Sain in FE7. He never gets speed for me. All he has is his strength, nothing more. Is he absolute crap because I've never had a good Sain? Hell no.

You are more than free to express your dislike for Sumia. However, watch your words. You are free to express your dislike, but when you start expressing your hate in a way that is unfair, biased, and makes other people uncomfortable, you need to stop and find a better way to express your words.

No, you said Cordelia was better than Sumia at everything

No, I didn't. I said Cordelia was better at everything except speed. What I meant when I said Cordelia can do everything Sumia can, I meant to say that Cordelia is also fast, not faster. Why can't you people get this through your heads?

but when you start expressing your hate in a way that is unfair, biased, and makes other people uncomfortable, you need to stop and find a better way to express your words.

And how was I being unfair or biased? What's wrong with simply believing that a unit is bad?

Edited by Anacybele

Because the unit you think is bad is one of the best in the game and you're giving, no offense, pretty bad examples to back up your claim.

And don't you only play on Normal Mode, anyway? Sumia should easily God Mode that.

Edited by ZeeEmm

Because the unit you think is bad is one of the best in the game and you're giving, no offense, pretty bad examples to back up your claim.

And don't you only play on Normal Mode, anyway? Sumia should easily God Mode that.

So getting killed alot because of weak defenses and hardly being able to deal damage qualifies as one of the best? Maybe Sumia is a little RNG screwed for me, but doesn't she have low strength and defense growths anyway?

And how was I being unfair or biased? What's wrong with simply believing that a unit is bad?

Anacybele, there's nothing wrong with believing that a unit is bad. But how many times have you played through Awakening? How many times have you used Sumia?

If you've played through ENTIRE playthroughs of Awakening, from premonition to the epilogue, as many times as I have (I've played this game at least 24 compete times) and on modes beyond just normal (I played a hard mode draft and a lunatic mode playthrough), using certain characters as often as possible, then you be qualified to say objectively that a unit is just not good or a unit is just that good. From my knowledge, you're still on your first playthrough. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't say for sure that any character sucks or is good IN GENERAL when you've only used them once on one playthrough. RNG is a big part of character level ups. And sometimes, a character will just suck in one playthrough and do exceptionally well in the next.

I know that you don't like Sumia's character. There's nothing wrong with this. And maybe you don't care for her as a unit. Nothing wrong with that either. But just because she's not turning out well for you in this one specific playthrough or has good stats in the areas you like the best doesn't make her absolute crap. Sumia may be a unit that you'll always get unlucky with. It happens. But that doesn't make her absolute crap across the board in everyone else's playthroughs. Like I said before, I have awful Sains. I don't remember ever having a good Sain, whereas my Guys and Raths have gone above and beyond their averages multiple times. But just because Sain is perpetually cursed for me, doesn't mean that he's absolute crap. Likewise, just because Guy and Rath are perpetually blessed for me doesn't mean that they're the best fucking units in FE7.

This is why I feel that your Sumia bias is speaking here. I feel that you don't really know Sumia's overall performance enough to judge her as a unit yet.

Edited by Sangyul

So getting killed alot because of weak defenses and hardly being able to deal damage qualifies as one of the best? Maybe Sumia is a little RNG screwed for me, but doesn't she have low strength and defense growths anyway?

Her STR growth is 45%, and I believe her DEF growth is somewhere around 30%. Compared to others, yeah, her growths are on the lower side. But guess what? She has access to the knight tree to improve those stats, and she likes Luna, too.

I've had no problem keeping Sumia alive when she's recruited, and she easily deals damage. Heck, my 10 STR Sumia was killing enemies no problem in Chapter 13. And that was on HM. Granted she had a Pair Up partner, but still.

And also what Boron posted above me.

Virion

Vaike

Gangrel (Annoying)

Olivia (Not very interesting)

Tharja (Creepy)

Chrom (BOORRRINGGG!)

Kellam (Not very attractive personalitty to me.)

Edited by kdports

No, I didn't. I said Cordelia was better at everything except speed. What I meant when I said Cordelia can do everything Sumia can, I meant to say that Cordelia is also fast, not faster. Why can't you people get this through your heads?

Damn, you're pretty good at contradicting yourself. You said Cordelia could do everything better than Sumia. If you don't believe me, go back and look at what you said. BTW higher speed also means you aren't getting hit as much, compensating for the slightly lower defenses. Both Sumia and Cordelia aren't taking axes and arrows particularly well, either.

Yarne:his gimmick gets old really fast. This might be because I was grinding supports and I happened to be tired when I was doing his supports but I honestly say all I remember is "I don't wanna die!" or "I don't wanna fight because I might die!" When you have almost all of his supports dedicated to that, it does not give incentive to read more. I was hoping that his character would be more flushed out as I did more of his supports but they just kept going back to the same thing.

Virion: I wouldn't say I dislike him, I just don't like him as much. If that makes sense.

Edited by MagicLugh

Oooooo

tumblr_m5qb9mwDHT1rvbl65o1_500.gif

Virion(Idk, no reason)

This is wrong and you should feel bad. :P: Poor Virion. So underrated cuz his starting class sucks.

Characters I Really Dont Like:

There arent many actually. The only character i despise in the game (playable) is Severa. Shes just freaking awful. So naturally Loki!Avatar had to be her daddy. Loki births horrors...Shes the Fenris of my brood....Morgan in Hel with wings!! But Severa is just freaking insufferable as a character and should just shut up. She bullies other characters (like Owain and Cynthia) just because. Thats not nice. Go away. What sucks is that shes usually a good unit so the insufferable little brat often winds up on my teams. (Rarely with a pairing though.)

I do not have much fondness for Ricken because he usually never winds up as a good unit for me. I dont hate him or anything, he just winds up unused.

Vaike irritates me. Hes Reyn from Xenoblade without the Awesome. So hes left with beefcake stupid. TO THE BENCH WITH YE, TEACH!

Cordelia bores the hell out of me. Naturally, her Shakespearian name and resulting horror child winds up with Loki!Avatar.

Say'ri is also like paint drying which is unfortunate because i like her antiquated manner of speech.

Anna is...i can NEVER get this girl to work as a unit. Maybe because i grind, i dont know. She just never works right.

Kellam is Forever Alone for a lot of reasons. His main reason being that his little gimmick gets very old very fast.

Kjelle doesnt thrill me much. Shame that, cuz i love me some Sully.

Would it be more productive and easier to list the characters we do like and why we like them?

or are we trying to start a flame war?

"Damn Near the entire Cast" - because they're good.

It'd be much less typing on average to list ones we don't.

I was hoping that his character would be more flushed out as I did more of his supports but they just kept going back to the same thing.

That's Awakening's supports summed up, in my opinion.

She IS absolute crap.

Her STR growth is 45%, and I believe her DEF growth is somewhere around 30%. Compared to others, yeah, her growths are on the lower side. But guess what? She has access to the knight tree to improve those stats, and she likes Luna, too.

I've had no problem keeping Sumia alive when she's recruited, and she easily deals damage. Heck, my 10 STR Sumia was killing enemies no problem in Chapter 13. And that was on HM. Granted she had a Pair Up partner, but still.

And also what Boron posted above me.

This obviously doesn't prove anything other than "absolute crap" of a unit isn't as "absolute crap" as you make her out to be. ESPECIALLY considering it's freaking Normal Mode.

You sounded like you were on a crusade or something.

So hate/dislike her if you want. But please don't go spouting out gameplay crap that you're not qualified to say.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Eyrios is a playable character. That's pretty recurring if you ask me.

(We're talking about the same Eyrios, right?)

My mistake I meant the Fort Steiger boss (Pheros?)

Also on the Thracia PT where I went that way I kinda killed him and kept Olwen, so he wasn't all that recurring for me.