Which do you prefer, cats or dogs?

IceBrand

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you prefer?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs, no contest! Cats are just booooring. Dogs are much more fun to play with, they're more loyal and more loving towards you (generally), and I find puppies to be much cuter than kittens. Not just appearance-wise either.

Although, I don't hate cats or anything. I just don't like them much. I hate cleaning out litter boxes too. They smell a hell of a lot worse than one little pile of dog poo. And if you take your dog to the right places, you don't even have to clean up after it.

Edited by Anacybele

Never had to clean up a litter box, so I can't say what's worse, but trying to use a bag to pick up dog poo is disgusting. So squishy. Also I hate how dogs seem to think I want their slobber all over my hands. If I'm trying to pet you, it's not an invitation to make my hands gross.

But given how cats mostly ignore you and dogs actually want your attention, I suppose I still have to side with dogs.

Cats. But I like dogs too.

Never had to clean up a litter box, so I can't say what's worse, but trying to use a bag to pick up dog poo is disgusting. So squishy. Also I hate how dogs seem to think I want their slobber all over my hands. If I'm trying to pet you, it's not an invitation to make my hands gross.

But given how cats mostly ignore you and dogs actually want your attention, I suppose I still have to side with dogs.

Depends on the cat. I used to have a cat with a bad digestive illness and cleaning the litter box was torture because of it.

Might be my cats as they were raised by human hands (mother died early or something, I don't know), but I get too much attention.

They want to play for several hours a day and always observe when I do something unusual. I'm never alone ;_;

Edited by Assurhaddon

Dogs, hands down. Nothing against cats, but my dog has been my adorable companion and little brother for fifteen years; he's always been with me, affectionate and playful, and I just don't see cats as being nearly that companionable and social. Plus, I find them (or at least my dog's breed) to be so much cuter!

How could you ever say no to this face? My daily struggle.... T^T

westie_by_misshoneywoo.jpg

Dogs, hands down. Nothing against cats, but my dog has been my adorable companion and little brother for fifteen years; he's always been with me, affectionate and playful, and I just don't see cats as being nearly that companionable and social. Plus, I find them (or at least my dog's breed) to be so much cuter!

How could you ever say no to this face? My daily struggle.... T^T

westie_by_misshoneywoo.jpg

I personally think beagles are the cutest dogs ever, and I happen to have one. x3

He's most adorable when he howls along when you start howling! Just omg.

I don't see how cats are winning this poll. Dogs are supposed to be man's best friend (and woman's). :/

hm, this thread explains a LOT about people.

ty for posting an ugly shit without spoilers

Okay, this was uncalled for. I don't see Silver Lightning insulting anything you find adorable. So leave her alone.

Edited by Anacybele

it's a poll based on opinions, are you really asking this question

Of course I'm asking it. People wouldn't consider dogs their best friends if they didn't like them more than cats. It's called a BEST friend for a reason. :P

Not all people consider dogs their best friends y'know~ Some people (like Boney) hate them with a disturbing passion~

For me, it's definitely cats, although I like dogs a lot. Cats are just better~

deer are the superior species of animaux

Yes. For meat. Deer are meat beasts. Om nom nom nom!

Not all people consider dogs their best friends y'know~ Some people (like Boney) hate them with a disturbing passion~

For me, it's definitely cats, although I like dogs a lot. Cats are just better~

Boney has no soul.

Dogs are the business. You can take them nearly anywhere with you. They love it too. Unlike your cat who will probably try to maul your face if you put them in the car. Your cat is not like to want to bring you your newspaper. Your cat is not like to run through the sprinklers with you on a hot summer day, or jump into your kiddie pool with you and hang out. Your cat is not like to want to shit outside (unless you get super lucky). Your cat is not like to actually want much to do with you outside of feeding time. Your cat will not wish to pull a sledge or run around like an idiot with your niece.

Your cat is an asshole 99% of the time. He will pee on your bed just because. He will spray unless you get him fixed soon enough. He runs around like an idiot at the worst hours of the night. He will want you to pet him and when you do, he will inexplicably maul your hand. Your cat also might make you sneeze. When your cat isnt being an asshole, he might bring you the creatures he murdered in the night and smile about it. Thats even if you allow your cat to be an asshole outside.

Your dog will want to hang out with you. Your dog will be a conversation starter with that hot girl down the street with the Shiba Inu. Your dog will be a great beach companion if you dont have anyone to go with and so you wont look like a moron out there all by yourself. Your dog will greet you when you get home and even highfive you when you get Hot Girl's number. Your dog will learn how to piss and shit outside and will go "Hey human beast, let me out. I need to shit and smell junk." Your dog is rarely an asshole unless you either ignore him or are an asshole to him.

Dogs = Not Assholes. Therefore they win.

I have a cat and shes only 75% Asshole. Shes pretty cool. But man, im glad i have my retrievers around.