Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Terranigma from what I've seen is a great game. You should definitely try it out. Wish I could say through a proper means, but sadly I think that in these days, emulating is probably the only way to play it outside an old SNES.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Did you emulate it on MAME? Because that one has a few issues iirc. If you can emulate PSX games, G-Darius has an arcade perfect (afaik) port for it, and it runs with no issues.

How did your Gaiden adventures go though? Tell me more about them.

Yeah, I thought I'd try MAME before PSX, though after I said "wow this game is weirdly bad" I kind of forgot about it.

It was over too soon. I had to stop myself from playing it again because I had stuff to do. Even though I kind of sped through it in as much as one could, I can't remember struggling too much in it, so I'll go on more detail once I play it again.

Ok peeps, have any of you played terranigma?

It was only released in Nippon and Europe, but apparently its really awesome. Should I... find the means to play it? *wink wink*

You rang?

Yes you absolutely should play it. ...However you can. ;)

Edited by Soledai

Yeah, I thought I'd try MAME before PSX, though after I said "wow this game is weirdly bad" I kind of forgot about it.

It was over too soon. I had to stop myself from playing it again because I had stuff to do. Even though I kind of sped through it in as much as one could, I can't remember struggling too much in it, so I'll go on more detail once I play it again.

Give it another chance. It might start out a little weird, but some of the stages (Zone Omicron in particular) are incredible. Some of the atmosphere and thematic elements are excellent as well. I particularly like the soundtrack. I know that last one is what I say about every Darius game, but...

That sounds like a good experience for Gaiden, considering how dreamlike it is.

Sounds like I got a new game to try, that is if smash and trails don't eat up all my time. I got a tourney to run after all.

Speaking of Smash, don't you hate getting 9'd when going up against Mr. Game & Watch?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Speaking of Smash, don't you hate getting 9'd when going up against Mr. Game & Watch?

Considering in a random match with Horace and Refa, I got 9'd 3 times on 3 seperate occasions

Yes, after I was done laughing at the sheer odds.

The Backstory of my sudden interest in Terranigma

[5:37:09 AM] Jedi: So night you've been informed of terranigma
[5:37:19 AM] Uomo senza nome: a little
[5:37:28 AM] Jedi: My sudden interest comes from oddly enough a Mario World rom hack my friend was playing
[5:37:31 AM] Jedi: it was like
[5:37:41 AM] Jedi: Mario but Call of Cthullu themed
[5:37:46 AM] Jedi: and it used one of terranigma's tracks
[5:38:12 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol
[5:38:14 AM] Uomo senza nome: what
[5:38:19 AM] Jedi: yes
[5:38:23 AM] Jedi: what I said exists
[5:38:25 AM] Jedi: lol
[5:38:39 AM] Uomo senza nome: call of cthulhu
[5:38:40 AM] Uomo senza nome: mario
[5:38:44 AM] Jedi: yes
[5:38:54 AM] Uomo senza nome: wow
[5:39:23 AM] Jedi: all the stages are trippy and insane, and if you don't get all the special items before facing Cthullu you just insta die from insanity with a very dark pic of Mario's face after.... yeeesh
[5:40:12 AM] Jedi: stages are well designed doe
[5:40:24 AM] Jedi: does stuff with Lunar Magic i've never seen in other Mario World hacks
[5:41:05 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol
[5:41:16 AM] Uomo senza nome: that's crazy man
[5:41:20 AM] Uomo senza nome: who even thought of that
[5:41:24 AM] Jedi: NO IDEA
[5:41:28 AM] Jedi: thats like
[5:41:33 AM] Jedi: whats another randomass crossover
[5:41:36 AM] Jedi: that somehow works
[5:41:44 AM] Uomo senza nome: marvel vs. capcom
[5:41:46 AM] Jedi: uhhhh
[5:41:48 AM] Jedi: yeah!
[5:42:01 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol
[5:42:25 AM] Jedi: when my friend was talking to me about it after work I was like
[5:42:27 AM] Jedi: "Wtf"
[5:42:42 AM] Uomo senza nome: I would be the same
[5:43:00 AM] Jedi: I don't even know that much of the cthullu mythos
[5:43:03 AM] Jedi: other than
[5:43:07 AM] Jedi: its utter insanity

Special guest Nightmare.

Considering in a random match with Horace and Refa, I got 9'd 3 times on 3 seperate occasions

Yes, after I was done laughing at the sheer odds.

All that in the same match? That reminds me of the one time I saw one of ProtonJon's Brawl matches, where one of his opponents was using G&W. He lost two of his stocks to nines, one of which was a giant 9 ("No nines!" *gets DINGALINGALINGALING'd seconds later* "Sonofabitch!") Of course, the G&W player milked it for all it was worth ("There we go! That was a giant 9!").

All that in the same match? That reminds me of the one time I saw one of ProtonJon's Brawl matches, where one of his opponents was using G&W. He lost two of his stocks to nines, one of which was a giant 9 ("No nines!" *gets DINGALINGALINGALING'd seconds later* "Sonofabitch!") Of course, the G&W player milked it for all it was worth ("There we go! That was a giant 9!").

Haha, you watch ProtonJon too huh? He's my favorite Youtube person.

Haha, you watch ProtonJon too huh? He's my favorite Youtube person.

I should check him out more, come to think of it. I didn't mention it, but there was this exchange from the same match that cracked me up:

Jon: You weren't playing with Chris and everyone else when all they did was team up three Game & Watches on a—
(Jon gets hit with a 9 from the giant Lu Bu)
Jon: MARIO!!!
Lu Bu: THERE WE GO! That was a giant 9!

I should check him out more, come to think of it. I didn't mention it, but there was this exchange from the same match that cracked me up:

Jon: You weren't playing with Chris and everyone else when all they did was team up three Game & Watches on a—
(Jon gets hit with a 9 from the giant Lu Bu)
Jon: MARIO!!!
Lu Bu: THERE WE GO! That was a giant 9!

Lmao I remember that.

Also wow Terranigma's ost is great from the few songs i've listened to.

Give it another chance. It might start out a little weird, but some of the stages (Zone Omicron in particular) are incredible. Some of the atmosphere and thematic elements are excellent as well. I particularly like the soundtrack. I know that last one is what I say about every Darius game, but...

That sounds like a good experience for Gaiden, considering how dreamlike it is.

Oh, no worries, I planned on it. I can't leave it unfinished. But as far as the soundtracks, I have to agree for what I've heard... except the snes ones and Dariusburst, the latter having only about 3 decent tracks.

<opera that I totally didn't forget>

Yeah, that's one of the games I feel I could go through every zone and probably not be satisfied... unless there's a zone that's complete bs that I should know about beforehand.

The Backstory of my sudden interest in Terranigma

[5:37:09 AM] Jedi: So night you've been informed of terranigma

[5:37:19 AM] Uomo senza nome: a little

[5:37:28 AM] Jedi: My sudden interest comes from oddly enough a Mario World rom hack my friend was playing

[5:37:31 AM] Jedi: it was like

[5:37:41 AM] Jedi: Mario but Call of Cthullu themed

[5:37:46 AM] Jedi: and it used one of terranigma's tracks

[5:38:12 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol

[5:38:14 AM] Uomo senza nome: what

[5:38:19 AM] Jedi: yes

[5:38:23 AM] Jedi: what I said exists

[5:38:25 AM] Jedi: lol

[5:38:39 AM] Uomo senza nome: call of cthulhu

[5:38:40 AM] Uomo senza nome: mario

[5:38:44 AM] Jedi: yes

[5:38:54 AM] Uomo senza nome: wow

[5:39:23 AM] Jedi: all the stages are trippy and insane, and if you don't get all the special items before facing Cthullu you just insta die from insanity with a very dark pic of Mario's face after.... yeeesh

[5:40:12 AM] Jedi: stages are well designed doe

[5:40:24 AM] Jedi: does stuff with Lunar Magic i've never seen in other Mario World hacks

[5:41:05 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol

[5:41:16 AM] Uomo senza nome: that's crazy man

[5:41:20 AM] Uomo senza nome: who even thought of that

[5:41:24 AM] Jedi: NO IDEA

[5:41:28 AM] Jedi: thats like

[5:41:33 AM] Jedi: whats another randomass crossover

[5:41:36 AM] Jedi: that somehow works

[5:41:44 AM] Uomo senza nome: marvel vs. capcom

[5:41:46 AM] Jedi: uhhhh

[5:41:48 AM] Jedi: yeah!

[5:42:01 AM] Uomo senza nome: lol

[5:42:25 AM] Jedi: when my friend was talking to me about it after work I was like

[5:42:27 AM] Jedi: "Wtf"

[5:42:42 AM] Uomo senza nome: I would be the same

[5:43:00 AM] Jedi: I don't even know that much of the cthullu mythos

[5:43:03 AM] Jedi: other than

[5:43:07 AM] Jedi: its utter insanity

Special guest Nightmare.

What was the Terranigma track, if you know?

Oh, no worries, I planned on it. I can't leave it unfinished. But as far as the soundtracks, I have to agree for what I've heard... except the snes ones and Dariusburst, the latter having only about 3 decent tracks.

<opera that I totally didn't forget>

Yeah, that's one of the games I feel I could go through every zone and probably not be satisfied... unless there's a zone that's complete bs that I should know about beforehand.

Excellent. And yeah, Dariusburst is missing OGR as well because he left Taito by then, so he only guest composed like, two tracks I believe. I've heard those and The World of Spirit, which is decent.

Great opera, isn't it.

There is, in fact, one zone that is certified bs. That is Zone M. Titanic Lance is merciless, and it is my dream to 1cc him one day.

Edited by Nightmare

Fell asleep and missed these:

Then midway into to development, they'll change Burning Lord to Blaze Lord and people will just be like:

"Redundant change" etc ...But that sounds cool too

its all about making sure it sounds cool

There is a disproportionate amount of Mei in HHH today.

I just made the discovery of the century by finding out that FE6's In the Name of Bern is a rip-off of this (5:54 onward). I'm sure it's significant somehow. :(

I found that out a while ago, it was such a tragic moment in my life. :~;

There is, in fact, one zone that is certified bs. That is Zone M. Titanic Lance is merciless, and it is my dream to 1cc him one day.

I just played it again, I didn't beat it because I only used 1 credit, but for some reason I'm doing considerably worse than last night.

On the plus side, you could probably 1cc Dariusburst very easily.

I still hate Electric Fan very much.

I thought I posted ._.

But its the one I linked funny enough.

Oh, I should've figured. My bad.

Hmm... I might play this terranigma.

Oh my, maybe you should.

SNES and Genesis were a gold mine of amazing rpgs

Haaaa...staying awake was a really bad idea.

...Feels like I'm going to pass out.

*Lays a pillow just in case*

Thank you Steve... Just one more class (that is three hours long hue).

I can make it hopefully. Although I'm sitting right in the front and if I do fall asleep it will be super disrespectful to my professor.

I just made the discovery of the century by finding out that FE6's In the Name of Bern is a rip-off of this (5:54 onward). I'm sure it's significant somehow. :(

*jaw drops on the floor*

oh my god...

Haaaa...staying awake was a really bad idea.

...Feels like I'm going to pass out.

did you get the caffeine?

but oh well, only one class left

you can pull throughhhh