Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

i thought you went to mcdonalds not long ago, emerald

21 hours ago, Trisitei said:

everyone does

thought you were gonna like Ike's group but gotta throw in the DB and have them level by fighting
these BS odds

srsly

19 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Third tier Jill is your ticket to beat this chapter quickly.

oh they did do that in the speedrun but i stupidly forgot to unequip the ragnell on ike in the last chapter i played as him sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4 hours ago, hσng said:

ALSO YEAH FUCK NEW SF

i agree tbh

[5:59:07 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: Hi
[5:59:52 PM] Elyn: hullo
[6:02:18 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: Prepare for trouble and make it double.
[6:03:44 PM] Elyn: to protect the world from devastation
[6:04:21 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: To unite all peoples within our nation
[6:04:40 PM] Elyn:  To denounce the evils of truth and love!
[6:04:49 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: cut that out you memes
[6:05:01 PM] Elyn: bu but
[6:05:11 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: But we are halfway throughh
[6:05:54 PM] Elyn: ur not my mom god-
[6:06:01 PM] *** Elyn gets run over by truck ***
[6:06:02 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: girl
[6:06:05 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: ill fight-
[6:06:06 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: oh uh
[6:06:11 PM] *** Lance Zenbiniar cleans pavement ***
[6:06:18 PM] Elyn: ._.
[6:06:19 PM] Adrian ;p.: Look at what you did
[6:06:27 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: it was a mistake
[6:06:30 PM] Dr. Rudy Mjölnir: Oh my
[6:06:31 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: I swear
[6:06:51 PM] Elyn: "Anime was a mistake" - hayao miyazaki
[6:06:57 PM] Elyn: i'm done memeing
[6:06:59 PM] Elyn: I swear
[6:07:18 PM] Lance Zenbiniar: i don't believe u

So! Last time, on SRW Alpha Gaiden...

Things aren't looking good for Kabuto Kouji. /Understatement.

A group returns to the area, and it's their turn to be shocked to see Shin Getter Robo in the hands of the Dinosaur Empire, having beat them to the punch in recovering it from its Lost Mountain. Quite a feat, considering Getter Rays are dangerous to dinosaurs. General Bat answers it's the product of years of researching the Getter Rays, developing the Uran Spark and the Shielding Device he's using. Though as the Getter Team point out, even that may not be enough against the Shin Getter. General Bat agrees, stating even now he's starting to suffer from Getter Radiation Poisoning. But as a warrior, for his Emperor, for his people, he's willing to make that sacrifice if it means finishing the heroes off and reclaiming the surface world again.

Just then, the group finally notice the Mazinger Z. Duke Gorgon is all too happy to explain about Kouji staying behind to buy time for the scouting group to escape. Kouji is still alive, but urges them to forget about him and recover the Shin Getter. As if they'll agree on that, naturally.

And so, the second part of the stage begins!

So, things don't look for Kouji. 50 Will, Mazinger Z at 50%. Surrounded by Zen II's. Other enemies include Gushious Beta III's, Zgarls, Dino Jets, Zuus, Jaragas, Zoriis, and Birds. Also Duke Gorgon in the Myceros and General Bat in the Shin Getter Robo.

So, a couple things to be on the lookout for. First, there are two Mountain Cycles on the map. You know what that means, mechas obtained depending on Skill Point account aka Difficulty. Another, and more urgent, is Kouji. If Tetsuya moves next to him, we unlock something. What that is? Let's find out...

Though here comes another problem. I can't control Kouji. He'll automatically defend against attacks, but too many and bye-bye Mazinger Z. Kouji will be fine regardless, but it's better to save the Mazinger, to unlock stuff. So, I have to destroy at least one of the Zen II's in order to reduce the amount of attacks aimed at Kouji.

Thankfully, I have a good starting team. Akira, the Getter Team, Tetsuya, Jun, Sayaka, and Boss. Well, maybe not the last three, but since they have the Repair and Ressuply mechas, then they're more like the support team.

Well, managed to destroy a Zen II, but I have to wait a turn to move Tetsuya next to Kouji. And after a very... VERY... lucky dodge, Kouji survives with barely any HP left. But that was all I needed...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, admitedly, I don't really feel like multiposting without some sort of interruption... anyway...

So, if we can save Kouji, he tries to repeat about leaving him. But Tetsuya will have none of that. The enemy isn't impressed, and even call for two more Zorri to appear. Just then, the ground begins to shake... the Shin Getter and both Mazingers are reaction to... something. Kouji is then drawn into the Lost Mountain... and... and...

OH YEAH. MAZINKAISER IS HERE!!! Kouji's will even got up to 120. And as I said before, this event will still happen even if the Mazinger Z is defeated. So what's the difference? Well, I'll mention it once the stage is over.

By the way, the stage in the other route split is even called "Mazinkaiser vs Shin Getter Robo". A much better chapter name, if you ask me.

Mazinkaiser... now we're talking! It has HP Regen S, the standard Mazin Power, and can deflect physical attacks. Unlike other Mazinkaiser appearances, even from the one in Alpha, I think, it doesn't have its strongest attack, whose name I can't remember right now. But it's okay, the Fire Blaster still packs quite a punch, and it's 1-3 range post-movement.

Time to go on a rampage with the Turbo Smasher Punch, MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

One turn later, the Ra Cairam arrives, and I can deploy units. Though still only the ones from the route split. Full team merge won't happen until after this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I looked at metacritic to see what the lowest score from a critic review was and noticed that while the lowest critic score is 90/100, the user score is what caught my eyes 1125 negative reviews, much of them 0 lmao. Guess some people didn't like it that a Nintendo game was getting so much praise (though there were some butthurt zelda fans that didn't like that BotW changed the formula)

Okay, will stop for now. My main party is dealing with the Zuus while the Super Robot group has destroyed the Zen II's, Bushious Beta III's, and Zgarls, and now dealing with the Dino Jets and the recently arrived Zoriis. Will continue another day.

who should i make a five star here
Eliwood, Jeorge, or Merric?

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

No he's just a myth

word is if you believe, you too will feel like a true American

26 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I looked at metacritic to see what the lowest score from a critic review was and noticed that while the lowest critic score is 90/100, the user score is what caught my eyes 1125 negative reviews, much of them 0 lmao. Guess some people didn't like it that a Nintendo game was getting so much praise (though there were some butthurt zelda fans that didn't like that BotW changed the formula)

there's always gonna be those kind of people

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

that's not how math works

No no, maybe they're on to something there.

10/8 + 10/9 + 10/9 + 10/2

90/72 + 80/72 + 80/72 + 360/72 = 610/72

8.4722222, whose square root is 2.91, rounded 3.

It was so easy.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

what is this game in non-abbreviation