• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Spoiler

[3:40:50 AM] *** SecondWorld self-destructs in anguish ***
[3:41:03 AM] SecondWorld: MISTAKES WERE MADE
[3:41:21 AM] Glaceon Mage: What did you do
[3:41:21 AM] SecondWorld: I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE DONE THIS
[3:41:33 AM] SecondWorld: it's what I didn't do
[3:41:45 AM] Glaceon Mage: What did you not do?
[3:42:16 AM] SecondWorld: okay so I bought Persona 4 right? came in today
[3:42:19 AM] SecondWorld: the thing is
[3:42:41 AM] SecondWorld: there's a better version of the game for the Vita, and only for the Vita
[3:42:52 AM] SecondWorld: this is something I complained about before
[3:42:55 AM] SecondWorld: so anyway
[3:43:06 AM] SecondWorld: I was just on Amazon
[3:43:12 AM] SecondWorld: and it turns out
[3:43:42 AM] SecondWorld: I can save 44% on a PlayStation TV
[3:44:40 AM] SecondWorld: which means if I either checked or waited I could've gotten a PSTV and P4 Golden, I would've had enough money
[3:45:12 AM] *** SecondWorld FUCK ***
[3:49:20 AM] *** Glaceon Mage patpats David ***

[3:53:53 AM] SecondWorld: GOOD NEWS
[3:54:09 AM] SecondWorld: I STILL HAVE THE MONEY
[3:54:24 AM] SecondWorld: THE NOT AS GOOD NEWS HOWEVER
[3:55:01 AM] SecondWorld: I'd have to figure out what to do with the PS2 copy I already bought
[3:55:20 AM] Glaceon Mage: Play it for compare and contrasting
[3:55:34 AM] Glaceon Mage: That's what I do with remakes
[3:55:53 AM] SecondWorld: I would but this is a 100 hour rpg
[3:56:22 AM] Glaceon Mage: I've played both versions of DQVII
[3:56:28 AM] Forsty The Snowman: eat it
[3:56:31 AM] Glaceon Mage: I'm sure you can do it
[3:57:21 AM] Glaceon Mage: Expecially since the PSX English version of DQVII is riddled with typos and rushed as all get out
[3:57:49 AM] SecondWorld: I wasn't considering buying a PSTV for one game but with this sale I can get the timing is perfect
[3:57:56 AM] SecondWorld: Shit

[4:01:10 AM] Forsty The Snowman: SecondWorld - Today 9:57 PM
> I wasn't considering buying a PSTV for one game but with this sale I can get the timing is perfect
so we G O L D E N B O I Z after all?
[4:02:23 AM] SecondWorld: that's what I'm thinking
[4:03:09 AM] SecondWorld: I'll have to find a way to resell P4, which would be much easier if I didn't take the wrapper off....
[4:03:22 AM] SecondWorld: maybe EBay

[4:08:24 AM] SecondWorld: at any rate, the order is in
[4:08:42 AM] SecondWorld: this is happening
[4:10:38 AM] *** SecondWorld has renamed this conversation to "AKA that time David bought a game he's never played twice" ***
[4:11:15 AM] *** SecondWorld has renamed this conversation to "AKA that time David bought a game he's never played, twice" ***
[4:11:25 AM] SecondWorld: punctuation is important

Alright, time to continue the Mazinkaiser rampage.

But first, a note about unlockables. I mentioned the one about rescuing the Mazinger Z, but there's two more things. First, the skill point. I must rout everyone but the Shin Getter Robo, and deplete its HP to under 10%. Even though it's the objective, we can actually destroy the Shin Getter. Yes, we can. It's not Game Over, but we obviously can't obtain the Shin Getter (okay, I'm not exactly sure if we really do destroy it, or it's just left unusable for the rest of the game). We do obtain a "consolation prize" if we do that, but quite obviously I'm not going to aim for that. What it is? I'll explain later...

And now the other thing. This map has two Mountain Cycles. Standard drill, move a unit, get mecha depending on Difficulty/SkillPoints. This is the last map with them, so let's go over what we gain. *drumroll*

On Easy Difficulty, we get... the GP-02! Wait... didn't we had already recovered it? There's more than one!? (Though keep in mind the one we recovered from Midgald is not playable, otherwise we'd have already obtained a GP-02 to use. This one seems to exist only to give  players (Easy mode only, of course) the chance to use it)

On Medium Difficulty, we get... the Neue Ziel. Hmm, this map has Gato's mechas, funny.

And now, what I'll get since I'm in the Hard difficulty... a Destroid Monster, and... The O! That's right, we get to use Scirocco's MS. The Destroid Monster, eh... I have the Valkyries. Don't think I'd need it.

This one is... well, it's up to anybody to think which is the best prize. I'd think this time Easy got the worst of the lot, since the GP-02... well, it's quite restricted. The Neue Ziel is certainly better, I'd say, but the last is 2 in 1 prize. The O is good, and the Destroid Monster is a plus. Anyway, not that I'd ever use any of that. But it's there for a future playthrough if I want to. The thing about these mechas is that I'm already getting them way late. At this point, I already have upgraded mechas that would match or even surpass these ones. Well... who knows... still not using them this playthrough.

And now, with that, time to continue!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

tumblr_inline_omiuvjlW2l1rpg95g_540.png

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

did you guys get nier automata?

i only have the demo but it plays so well and platinum games hasnt let me down

it'll probably be my next buy

And got the Destroid Monster from the first Mountain Cycle. Hmm, now I wonder. Since Easy and Medium only give you one unit... what's housed in the second Mountain Cycle, then? I guess I won't find out for now.

And all Dino Jets destroyed. Man, the Zorris sure are tough to take down. But I'm managing. Now I've started to attack Duke Gorgon, and it's now clear why it has 4 Birds around the Myceros. They Support Defend it!

To my surprise, turns out both Duke Gorgon and General Bat move from their starting tiles. Well, at least this means they won't always have the Bird Supporting them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All Birds destroyed. Just need to deal with three more Zoriis, Duke Gorgon, and General Bat.

But that will be for another day. Stopping for now.