Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

i personally believe modern mainstream music is garbage with the absolute worst being in 2009-2011.

Theres some real gems if you bury past the mainstream trash. Even though there are a few that stuck with me, like Kendrick
and very few Drake songs

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

like this is my favorite drake song

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Nonsense...no other band compares to Duran Duran regardless of decade...but of course that is also based...

Duran Duran is great too
unfortunately the 90s happened..

Just now, Trisitei said:

like this is my favorite drake song

Duran Duran is great too

I wish I have never known that....

Yes pretty much

Shout outs to that one dude on Youtube remixing modern pop hits with enough synth, sax and guitar to make them sound like 80s hits

except for the Rihanna one that was someone else

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nah I'm talking about the older stuff than the 80's lol

If anyone says music nowadays is great, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff

Its great if you're trying to get turnt all the time

The problem with modern music is how over saturated and generalized they are; recycling the same rhythms and (sometimes) sounds over and over .That includes VGMs and OSTs (But wait, they're exotic for being in a different language, like, say japanese, german, latin etc, right?) Because everything's a popularity contest nowadays, its extrememly hard for anything with any amount of worth to gain any amount of longevity. 

But at the same time, lets not act like every song back in the day was superb. Every genre has its fair share of trash, but because they're trash, you don't hear or even remember them. Not that anyone'd want to, but that only reinforces the point that nostalgia plays a factor in how the generations are judged with unfair comparisons. "These are the 'Best of the 90s, 80s, 70s, etc. Now look at what we have today! *begins to highlight all the garbage*"  When our generation's past, we most likely wont even remember any of them and there's prolly going to be similar people arguing the same for the 2000s (admittedly, I've already noticed myself doing so lmao) once they've sorted out all the good from the bad. 

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Probably why I don't like it lol

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The problem with modern music is how over saturated and generalized they are; recycling the same rhythms and (sometimes) sounds over and over .That includes VGMs and OSTs (But wait, they're exotic for being in a different language, like, say japanese, german, latin etc, right?) Because everything's a popularity contest nowadays, its extrememly hard for anything with any amount of worth to gain any amount of longevity. 

But at the same time, lets not act like every song back in the day was superb. Every genre has its fair share of trash, but because they're trash, you don't hear or even remember them. Not that anyone'd want to, but that only reinforces the point that nostalgia plays a factor in how the generations are judged with unfair comparisons. "These are the 'Best of the 90s, 80s, 70s, etc. Now look at what we have today! *begins to highlight all the garbage*"  When our generation's past, we most likely wont even remember any of them and there's prolly going to be similar people arguing the same for the 2000s (admittedly, I've already noticed myself doing so lmao) once they've sorted out all the good from the bad. 

Yeah you're right

70's had this though

I love it

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Drake is scum

admittedly its more for memes

13 minutes ago, Motendra said:

i mostly here this stuff in a car ride with the fam and that is totally not the right time to turn up

though that i dont think i know from your point
what do you consider the real bangers of today?
not counting things like Kendrick, J Cole and Lupe

6 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

admittedly its more for memes

Oh yeah I know XD

I was just making a point is all

5 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

shit i forgot to shout out Abel/The Weekend

The weekend is awesome

21 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

i mostly here this stuff in a car ride with the fam and that is totally not the right time to turn up

though that i dont think i know from your point
what do you consider the real bangers of today?
not counting things like Kendrick, J Cole and Lupe

Different strokes for different folks. If you're a person who really knows how to have fun, you can find any time to turn up. I'll have you know that I quite literally Milly Rock on every block lol

Going off my comment on apparently being a 2000s hipster, I'm not the best person you to ask about *today's* bangers lol. I generally stick to what I know and discover something new from other people. Thats something you oughta ask @Sorin about. To humor you though,  I can give you one:

*fireemoji*

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Probably why I don't like it lol

Yeah you're right

70's had this though

I love it

Thats certainly interesting

Now have some of this:

Nah I'm talking about the older stuff than the 80's lol

My post was rather a bad joke.
However 80s still had soul music.

Nonsense...no other band compares to Duran Duran regardless of decade...but of course that is also based...

It's my #2 favorite band ever.

Duran Duran is great too

They had a few good songs in the 90s too like Come Undone or Ordinary World.

If I can't stand one type of music then any kind of rap unless it's in videogames.
JP Hip-Hop as in Persona is very enjoyable actually.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

There's just about one person who thinks it's an "improvement" :dry:

It was part of a wager in the heroes board so I don't want to be a flake. Oboro is coming back though. In fact, Spinoboro is coming back hee hee

Make that two.

I see. I rarely check the Heroes subforum.

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Breath of the Wild has a quite good ost, I believe the Gerudo Town song to be the best one though especially the night variation

I nearly shed a tear of nostalgia when I arrived in the Rito Village and heard it's theme for the first time.

My choice for favorite song would be between Hyrule Castle's theme(inside and outside versions), the maze/lost wood theme and the battle theme of Vah Ruta.

Honorable mentions to the themes of the four champions

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Breath of the Wild has a quite good ost, I believe the Gerudo Town song to be the best one though especially the night variation

I nearly shed a tear of nostalgia when I arrived in the Rito Village and heard it's theme for the first time.

My choice for favorite song would be between Hyrule Castle's theme(inside and outside versions), the maze/lost wood theme and the battle theme of Vah Ruta.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

Rito Village Day theme, is indeed one of the best too!

I dunno, about the other ones, but Kass's songs were quite touching...also they were part of Ganon's Beast phase battle...

Blood Moon was also a quite interesting tune to me