• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

19 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

claudius i is cool because he was really spastic and he stuttered and such so everyone was like "lmao let's make the spast emperor it'll be funny lol xD he'll be a terrible emperor" and then he actually turned out to be a fantastic emperor

o my gosh this is hilarious

man u always teach me things every time we shitpost

18 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

yesterday while we were having dinner some fly was flying around near my sister's seat and my sister said the fly was acting pretty spastically so i said "call him claudius i" and then she called him claudius i

i bet he turned out to be a fantastic fly.......

8 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

by the way kim did i tell you i listened to those hitori thingies you linked yet?

they sounded pretty good honestly
i've never heard anything i like it before

w-wow i am very happy to hear that

YES SHE IS ONE OF A KIND I LOVE HER A LOT

15 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

i found this a while back and i thought it sounded pretty great

THIS SI AMAIZNG

3 minutes ago, Hitori said:

oops i kinda spaced out for a sec also sf didn't tell me there were new posts wtf

#BlameNewSF

1 minute ago, Hitori said:

o my gosh this is hilarious

man u always teach me things every time we shitpost

yes....

it is my secret plan..... to entice people (i.e. kim) into shitposting with me so i can secretly fill their heads with useless trivia about roman emperors and tolkien's legendarium

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 minutes ago, Hitori said:

i bet he turned out to be a fantastic fly.......

lmao i don't know about that but it wasn't a dumb housefly that's for sure

also this reminds me

while i was out delivering mail today i saw a spider and a fly fighting each other and the fly won

what a hero

2 minutes ago, Hitori said:

itt: i will commence my loving of hitori songs

NICE i'm going to enjoy this

my friend: "i want to talk to you more"
also my friend: *is online for like 15 minutes a day*

my friend: "how come you never tell me about your problems"

my friend: "it upsets me that we always catch each other when we're busy"

my friend: "i want to talk to you more"

my friend: "how come you never tell me about your problems"

my friend: "it upsets me that we always catch each other when we're busy"

ok to preface this

my loving of hitori is kind of miraculous because her music taste is completely different from mine

she tends to lean towards "funny" songs like dare demo ii kara/bokumote/ggrks or "edgy" songs like invisible/matryoshka/alice human sacrifice

while i like light-hearted songs like honeyworks songs (which i can never imagine hitori singing, female voice or male voice) or emotional songs like mair's upbringing/kokoro

so the fact that she sings songs in such a way that makes me like them is great

Just now, Hitori said:

ok to preface this

my loving of hitori is kind of miraculous because her music taste is completely different from mine

she tends to lean towards "funny" songs like dare demo ii kara/bokumote/ggrks or "edgy" songs like invisible/matryoshka/alice human sacrifice

while i like light-hearted songs like honeyworks songs (which i can never imagine hitori singing, female voice or male voice) or emotional songs like mair's upbringing/kokoro

so the fact that she sings songs in such a way that makes me like them is great

wow that is very interesting

how long ago did you start stanning hitori by the way?

4 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

yes....

it is my secret plan..... to entice people (i.e. kim) into shitposting with me so i can secretly fill their heads with useless trivia about roman emperors and tolkien's legendarium

also this reminds me

while i was out delivering mail today i saw a spider and a fly fighting each other and the fly won

what a hero

wow........ur secret plan is not so secret any more but it is definitely a plan because it is working...............

lmao that mental image is so funny

did the spider die or something.....

THANKS ME TOO

4 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

yes....

also this reminds me

what a hero

wow........ur secret plan is not so secret any more but it is definitely a plan because it is working...............

THANKS ME TOO

Just now, Claudius I said:

wow that is very interesting

how long ago did you start stanning hitori by the way?

y-yes

MARCH 2013 IM FAIRLY SURE (or at the very least, the first half of 2013)

it has been a while ;-; i don't think i could ever be loyal to any kpop person for that long lmao

2 minutes ago, Hitori said:

idk but it stopped moving so i think it did.....

1 minute ago, Hitori said:

y-yes

MARCH 2013 IM FAIRLY SURE (or at the very least, the first half of 2013)

it has been a while ;-; i don't think i could ever be loyal to any kpop person for that long lmao

WOW that is way longer than i was expecting

that is way before i joined sf even

so that's like

prehistorical times

i'm glad you can be so passionate about hitori!!!

ok first of all

invisible

Spoiler

(screamo warning)

i was very EH with this song at first, honestly. it was one of the first i heard from her and again im not really into edgy songs like this?? however i was eventually captivated by her singing style and now it is one of my faves

ALSO THIS WAS THE FIRST COVER OF THE SONG THAT I ENCOUNTERED AND WHEN I WENT TO LISTEN TO OTHER VERSIONS I WAS REALLY CONFUSED BECAUSE THE SCREAMO WASN'T THERE

AND THEN I REALIZED "WAIT THEN THAT MEANS THAT SHE'S DOING THAT HERSELF"

queen.

anyway why i like this song, i really like the voice she uses to sing the verses?? like most of the time she either uses a clearly female voice (like the little supporting voice also in the verses) or a clearly male voice (like in the pre-chorus and chorus) but this one is in a feminine range while being sung in a masculine way....it is very tomboyish and i am in awe @ how she managed to pull that off bc wow. even during the higher notes near the end she still keeps her ryouseirui voice steady

also i love the ~emotion~ (or something, idt thats the right word but u know) w which she sings during the chorus and bridge and also her harmonies

Edited by Hitori
stan luna

3 minutes ago, Claudius I said:

idk but it stopped moving so i think it did.....

WOW that is way longer than i was expecting

that is way before i joined sf even

so that's like

prehistorical times

i'm glad you can be so passionate about hitori!!!

wow...rip.....truly that fly was a hero.......

yeah same!!!!! time flies (heh)

man i just checked ur join date and i am whoa because i thought u joined around the same time i did.........

ME TOO AND IM GLAD U CAN BE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT HISTORY WHICH SOUNDS LIKE HITORI IF YOU CLOSE UR EARS ENOUGH

Pft, hahahahaha

Secret of Mana is already for pre-purchase on Steam.

I was like, "Yay!"... then I see it's at 629 MXN.

And now I'm like, "What!?"

MATRYOSHKA, ANOTHER CLASSIC VOCALOID SONG

Spoiler

ok this is one of those songs where she uses a heckton of voices which makes it an adventure to listen to (but obviously the main one is her male one and wow it suits the song so well im shook)

anyway because of the meaning of the song (insanity, delirium, etc) i think her silly antics somehow play very well into it????? especially the cuckoo and buuuuru buruburu buuuuuru buruburu buuuuru buruburu meshing altogether at once at the second "anata to watashi de rendez-vous" verse

i also feel like the song that best exemplifies her male voice besides her tokyo teddy bear cover (which is on an album) and her eh? ah sou cover (which she sang only a small part of)

not related to the song but i think the birds are really endearing too

OH I WAS GONNA SAY THIS EARLIER BUT I FORGOT

something really cool about hitori is that, because she became an utaite before utaite culture was officially even a thing, she didn't really think to create an alias for her singing persona

but her earlier uploads were all titled with "hitoribocchi de" or "i sang ___ by myself" because her variety of voices easily confused listeners into thinking that there were multiple people singing

so she just kinda naturally became known as "hitori" (but written differently as the actual word "alone" for obvious reasons)

i think it is a very cute story, her name really represents who she is as a singer i think

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

10 minutes ago, Hitori said:

ok first of all

invisible

Reveal hidden contents

(screamo warning)

i was very EH with this song at first, honestly. it was one of the first i heard from her and again im not really into edgy songs like this?? however i was eventually captivated by her singing style and now it is one of my faves

ALSO THIS WAS THE FIRST COVER OF THE SONG THAT I ENCOUNTERED AND WHEN I WENT TO LISTEN TO OTHER VERSIONS I WAS REALLY CONFUSED BECAUSE THE SCREAMO WASN'T THERE

AND THEN I REALIZED "WAIT THEN THAT MEANS THAT SHE'S DOING THAT HERSELF"

queen.

anyway why i like this song, i really like the voice she uses to sing the verses?? like most of the time she either uses a clearly female voice (like the little supporting voice also in the verses) or a clearly male voice (like in the pre-chorus and chorus) but this one is in a feminine range while being sung in a masculine way....it is very tomboyish and i am in awe @ how she managed to pull that off bc wow. even during the higher notes near the end she still keeps her ryouseirui voice steady

also i love the ~emotion~ (or something, idt thats the right word but u know) w which she sings during the chorus and bridge and also her harmonies

I don't like the song very much, but wow, that is all Hitori singing this? I'm really impressed by her singing.

I totally agree with your last two paragraphs.

8 minutes ago, Hitori said:

wow...rip.....truly that fly was a hero.......

yeah same!!!!! time flies (heh)

man i just checked ur join date and i am whoa because i thought u joined around the same time i did.........

ME TOO AND IM GLAD U CAN BE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT HISTORY WHICH SOUNDS LIKE HITORI IF YOU CLOSE UR EARS ENOUGH

yes.... i will never forget it......

i know right!!!! the other day i realized that the interview thread had reached the 100th interview since i took over that thread
i had no idea i've been doing it for that long....

WHAT you were definitely here way before me
it surprises me how people think i've been around longer than i have or how i'm older than i am

LMAO I LIKE THAT EXPLANATION
SO NEXT TIME I TALK ABOUT HISTORY JUST CLOSE YOUR EARS A LITTLE SO IT'LL BE THE PERFECT EXPERIENCE FOR BOTH OF US

THANKS HATT

wow i had no idea the interview thread had lasted that long either......also thanks for reminding me, i meant to say this a while ago but we haven't talked in like 20 years: THANKS FOR TAKING OVER THE INTERVIEWS FOR SO LONG, IT'S A VERY LOVELY THREAD THAT BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER AND IM HAPPY THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO HOST IT

HAHA YES AND U CAN DO THE SAME WHENEVER I TALK ABOUT HITORI

MAN LIFE REALLY HAS A WAY OF WORKING OUT HUH

Reveal hidden contents

ok this is one of those songs where she uses a heckton of voices which makes it an adventure to listen to (but obviously the main one is her male one and wow it suits the song so well im shook)

anyway because of the meaning of the song (insanity, delirium, etc) i think her silly antics somehow play very well into it????? especially the cuckoo and buuuuru buruburu buuuuuru buruburu buuuuru buruburu meshing altogether at once at the second "anata to watashi de rendez-vous" verse

i also feel like the song that best exemplifies her male voice besides her tokyo teddy bear cover (which is on an album) and her eh? ah sou cover (which she sang only a small part of)

I like this a lot. 

The variety of voices is great and I agree about the silly antics playing very well into the song.

4 minutes ago, Hitori said:

something really cool about hitori is that, because she became an utaite before utaite culture was officially even a thing, she didn't really think to create an alias for her singing persona

but her earlier uploads were all titled with "hitoribocchi de" or "i sang ___ by myself" because her variety of voices easily confused listeners into thinking that there were multiple people singing

so she just kinda naturally became known as "hitori" (but written differently as the actual word "alone" for obvious reasons)

i think it is a very cute story, her name really represents who she is as a singer i think

I love stories about background history and this is a great story about background history to boot!

I'm pretty wow by now tbh

Reveal hidden contents

I like this a lot. 

The variety of voices is great and I agree about the silly antics playing very well into the song.

4 minutes ago, Hitori said:

I love stories about background history and this is a great story about background history to boot!

I'm pretty wow by now tbh