• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Alright, time to fight the Neo Granzon!

So, the Neo Granzon...

Naturally, it will have higher base stats than the Granzon. The Granzon had 50K HP and 330 EN, while Neo is now 65K HP and 400 EN. Weaponry got a slight boost in power, and other aspects. It also got a new weapon, Degenerancy Cannon, which is 1-12 range and uses up 60 EN.

Black Hole Cluster, for the most part, got actually nerfed. While sporting an accuracy boost, it is now 1-10 range instead of 1-11, now uses 40 EN, and also has a 12 ammo limit. Good and bad, as it were.

Shu himself also got a boost, gaining 5 levels, so he's now Lv80.

Now, since most of my units have moved, I have to endure Graviton Cannon. But at this point, I'll move anyone who can attack from 7 range and above there, specially my Reals. The Super Robots can still reliably tank the MAP weapon, specially those on the Lunar Base. Okay, ending turn...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Of course, with EN back to full, that means Gravity Territory kicks back in, but Degenerancy Cannon is bound to eat up through his EN. Unless, of course, he uses Replenish during his Seishin casts. Because of course there will be!

So, at 70% HP left, he casts Guts, Alert, Concentrate.

As a little side-event here, if Masaki attacks the Neo Granzon, doesn't matter how it goes as long he survives the attacks, this plays:

It acutally doesn't do much, simply ups Masaki's morale to max if not there yet, and refills up HP, EN, and Ammo.

Though don't be fooled, Masaki (or Shu for that matter) aren't the mains of the game. Alpha Gaiden is perspective neutral, for the most part. In a way, Shu has hijacked the finale, since in the grand story, Magus served as the plot's final boss. Shu is more of the climax boss. Or maybe the terms need to be swapped. Anyway, considering the Masoukishin cast would not appear for the rest of the Alpha games (they were planned to return for Alpha 3, but the idea got scrapped), then this is basically the only "ending" their storyline is going to get.

The Masoukishin storyline is best seen in the Classicverse, and their OG spin-offs. But as far as the Alphaverse is concerned, this is their finale.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, at 60% HP left, he casts Guts, Alert, Concentrate, Hot Blood, Valour.

I'm surprised he's not casting Strike. I guess the game wants to give him even more evade. Strike would've been more annoying though, so I'm thankful for that.

Ha, got his EN down to 0. No Gravity Territory but Shu will still Defend against attacks he can't counter (basically everything not 1-range).

At 30-40 % left, it's now Guts, Soul, Alert, Concentrate, Guard, Valour, Valour, Replenish.

Yeah, this is my cue to end turn and eat a Graviton Cannon...

Once back at 30% HP left, it's Shu's final casting, with Guts, Soul, Alert, Strike, Valour, Valour, Zeal, Guard, and Replenish.

Damn, twice Graviton Cannon. Okay, what I'll do here is end the turn, but not before having someone cast the Confuse seishin. It halves enemy accuracy for one turn.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, this is it, the last turn! IT ENDS NOW!

Now, I could use Daunt plus SP replenishing to lower his morale to below 100, disabling Gravity Territory as well his most dangerous attacks. But nah, I went for just brute force my way through his HP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is done.

And because it couldn't be more appropiate, I had Masaki land the final blow. Not a hard thing to find a video of, since others are quite like-minded:

Of course, these people upload emulated stuff, which for them it means being able to use the Fantranslation Patch. I don't have such luxury, but oh well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, with Shu dead (though anyone familiar with the Masoukishin story would know this is not the end, neither Shu's end for that matter), now there's truly nothing in the way for Project Aegis, so with half an hour left, the mechas get into position.

Man, look at that. If Planet Zola was the result of only 50% of the shockwave damanging the planet, imagine the full 100%. Still, mission accomplished.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, one last thing and things are finally wrapped up. The ending. It's long, so I can't give it justice just by making a summary. Thankfully, it's uploaded (in English).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Contrary to Alpha, finishing the game allows to save Cleared Data. When loaded, it begins New Game Plus. Unlike other SRW's where you can begin anew with earned money, upgrades, etc, Alpha Gaiden instead gives you a flat money bonus for NG+. The amount depends on the difficulty the game was cleared. 2000000 for Hard, 1500000 for Normal, and 1000000 for Easy. Considering things, it's not really that great, but oh well, it was among the first SRW's to implement NG+, so it was bound to be something basic.

And this is it. Man, almost two years it took me to beat Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. But what a fun ride it was. Unfortuantely, this is as far as I go with the Alphaverse. The last two games, Alpha 2 and Alpha 3, are for PS2, but are not in the PSN. Thus, I'm unable to aquire them (I refuse to use ROMs, and even if I did, I doubt my laptop could handle PS2 emulation well anyway), and finish the Alpha quadology. Perhaps one day it may happen, but who knows.

But for now... this ends.

9 hours ago, lᴜnar said:

SPEAKING OF ACADEMICS I JUST FINISHED AN ENGLISH ESSAY WITH A 650-WORD LIMIT AND GUESS HOW MANY WORDS IT WAS WHEN I FINISHED

SIX

HUNDRED

FIFTY

HAHAHA YES I AM AN EXPERT WORD-WRITER HAHAHAHA

Hide contents

fsr i've been having a lot of dizzy spells over the past couple days. most of them happen after school so i can just fall without worrying but i am concerned that it will eventually happen during school..........idk why i have them because i am getting a full night's worth of sleep each night and i have definitely survived on much much less food before?? i assume it could be dehydration so i am probably gonna drink more water. idk it's kinda wack but im sure it will turn out ok

excellent for the possibly certified journalist

Spoiler

i dont think much will come from that either, especially after the idea of getting some more fluids.
when in doubt, drink some water

17 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

But what if there's more armor in the future

It's 160 orbs total to upgrade to max size. I had to spend 200 orbs to get Delthea.

gwendy is annoyingly common. she'll come back

and its stuff like that that makes me happy you dont whale anymore

22 hours ago, Claudius I said:

WOW HOW DO YOU GET TO BE SO GOOD AT WORD LIMITS

I COMPLETELY SUCK AT THEM

Reveal hidden contents

Have you considered the possibility that the dizzy spells may be caused by exhaustion from school? I don't how much effort you put in at school and how much stress it causes you, but it could certainly be a factor. It would explain why they happen after school too. 

But there's no way to be certain, so it's still best to drink more water just in case it's dehydration. Drinking more water is a good idea anyway.

THANKS but tbf i kinda left out the part where my initial draft was ~800 words and i spent like half an hour desperately cutting down on everything

AND WELL I GUESS THAT COULD BE IT BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR WITHOUT A STUDY HALL PERIOD (my schedule got messed up bc of things and there isn't really a class i'd want to replace with it) AND I'M TAKING THE MOST APs I HAVE EVER DURING MY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER BUT I HOPE IT ISN'T BECAUSE I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THAT MANY AND I HAVE SOME FRIENDS TAKING ON LIKE 6 TO 8 JUST FINE

I WILL JUST TRY THIS OUT FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES ME

ALSO GOOD LUCK HATTO!! there are a lot of mysteries in hitmanime driving me crazy too but it's not as popular as it was 10 years ago so i can't really ask anyone : ( I HOPE UR MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN I WAS

13 hours ago, Trisitei said:

excellent for the possibly certified journalist

Reveal hidden contents

i dont think much will come from that either, especially after the idea of getting some more fluids.
when in doubt, drink some water

THANKS TRISTIE

yeah!! thank u for the advice and concern i very much appreciate it

omg im gonna cry i just rediscovered an amazing album hitori participated in and the tracks she sang were amazing and i finally found her collab cover of under the darkness which I KNEW SHE SANG BUT COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE (i did find a snippet in one of her compilation vids but it sounded different from what i remembered, now i know it's because it was a totally different cover) AND I KNOW I SOMEHOW DOWNLOADED THAT ALBUM BUT I LOST IT AND NOW I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE AND IM GONNA CRY AND DIE BECAUSE HER COVER OF TOKYO TEDDY BEAR WAS SWOON AND HER HIGH-QUALITY SCREAMO IN INVISIBLE WAS ALSO SWOON AND I JUST LOVE HER SO MUCH BUT I CAN'T FIND THE ALBUM ANYWHERE AHHH I MIGHT JUST BUY THE PHYSICAL COPY BECAUSE SHES MY FAVE ;-;

2 minutes ago, Koneko said:

are you in utaite hell again

well it was mostly just yorukichi hell for a couple days but right now it's just hitori hell

i have not felt so much love for a girl since luna heck i love her even MORE than luna why did she have to disappear :'''' ( i hope she's all right and in good health

i used to quietly contemplate whether i'd date luna if i had the chance buT U KNOW I WOULD DEFINITELY DATE HITORI

i thought kpop made me straighter but actually

wow

though I think she might come back since it seems like a pattern for something to be said on nov 26(?) she said he was fine and had business to do so ye

maybe she will send another annual message on twitter