Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

i unlove it when someone covers a song and i'm like oh haha how dandy this is mildly decent and then

a. yorukichi covers it and kills me w his vocal layering, i literally cannot go back to any other cover after he sings something bc it feels so empty after his 10499217389 harmonies

b. guriri covers it and kills me w her emotion, like every other cover of every song ever totally pales in comparison to hers in that aspect and they all seem like snoozefests afterwards

(an idealistic c option: hitori covers it and i cry because she hasn't uploaded anything in years)

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

i planned a surprise birthday party for my friend w her sister but i couldn't be there and i was pretty bummed

however she just called me a few minutes ago like crying and saying "kim i love u my day got a million times better" bc she was textin me earlier about how gr8 her birthday was and i was like (heh) "i hope it only gets better" and now i am unbummed

a concept: an army and an exo-l are college roommates and good friends but are too shy to tell the other of her kpop obsession. the army runs a large antisite for exo and the eggshell runs a large antisite for bts and the admins are actually in fact rivals, making plans to ruin each group's comeback. after bts' extremely successful recent comeback the exo-lmao gets pissed and tries to doxx the army, only to come up with her own address. not even considering the idea that her roommate likes kpop, the extra-l comes up with a conspiracy theory that she herself has two personalities unaware of running both antisites. trying to uncover her own secret, the t-rex-o-l accidentally becomes a bts stan and must find out a way to deactivate both antisites without simultaneously angering the two largest and possibly most insane fandoms in kpop

i just realized that i had a shitpost drafted on my computer that i never posted so even though hatt isn't here i am ok w a single shitpost, here it is

Spoiler

3. guririririririririririririririri my third ultaite

this is dumb bc she was just kinda high on my like list when i was into utaite years ago, my third favourite was initially nayugorou, but when i got back into utaite i was like

NO I CANNOT DO THIS ANY LONGER
NAYUGOROU IS NOT MY THIRD FAVOURITE
SHE DOESN'T CARRY THE SAME KIND OF PASSION IN HER VOICE THAT HITORI AND YORUKICHI DOES

so i just kinda went on for a while without having a third favourite (i mean there was technically kain but he did not feel...third.....there was too huge a gap between him and yorukichi) but then i went and listened to guriri at some point bc i remembered her having beautiful and very emotional covers and wow i realized...

she was my third favourite

Spoiler

apparently im blind bc i never loved her this much years ago but here i am now i have seen her talent

idk what to say about her except that she puts a LOT of feeling into her songs like more than hitori more than yorukichi especially more than kain and while she may not be ~objectively good~ (compare her mechanical pierrot cover with hotori's), her covers have so much spirit and honestly she is just so good at sounding angry or anguished or anything it is amazing. it is not as unique or special as hitori's vocal versatility or yorukichi's harmonies but it is definitely what attracts me most to her videos

shes probably the only singer ive ever heard who can sing w a desperate kind of sadness (???) without sounding cringy. u kno, like, when singers try to sound like that and their voice cracks and it sounds like they're about to cry lmao i know they are trying but all i can think is oh my god stop (@@@@@@kain, luv the guy but he can't). however guriri is amazin

in fact last night i had rediscovered a song i adored by my favourite male ballad utaite rairu and it was very very good. very!! because he is pretty good at emotions as well.

Spoiler

anyway i literally thought "finally i have found an utaite who can match guriri in emotion" except today i was browsing guriri's discography and i found out that she had also covered the song!! so i listened to it and then i cried because it beat rairu's version in literally every way. lmao. stream

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26147848