• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

But wait. I thought you couldn't use other people's original username (the one you use to log on SF), even if it's not their display name anymore. Like, i thought no one would be able to use the username Nobody while i'm using other username, since it was my first username here. How are there two people with "Soul" as their first username?

Edited by Nobody

I just take customer's orders and slice however much meat/cheese they ask for~

When I work late at nights though I'm just around for closing so I do a bunch of cleaning

Heh.. I see, I figured that much, it's not too much trouble for you, is it? Ahh, also also, do you get to keep or make deli foods for yourself when you go home? o:

This also was what I was curious at, are you cleaning just around your area, or do you sometimes have to help around the whole store?

But wait. I thought you couldn't use other people's original username (the onreyou use to log on SF), even if it's not their display name anymore. Like, i thought no one would be able to use the username Nobody while i'm using other username, sonce it was my first username here. How are there two people with "Soul" as their first username?

Um.... I've never heard of that rule

If anything, people couldn't use the same login username while they could use another display name

Or has it changed with that most recent update (or any other update since 2008) and the username and display name count as the same thing?

Because when I log in to SF, it's a different name from Freohr Datia because back then username and display name were different things

Edited by Freohr Datia

Um.... I've never heard of that ruleIf anything, people couldn't use the same login username while they could use another display nameOr has it changed with that most recent update and the username and display name count as the same thing?Because when I log in to SF, it's a different name from Freohr Datia because back then username and display name were different things

No, i mean, your login is the first username you've had. Since there are two people with their first username as soul, wouldn't there be two people logging on with the name "Soul"? (The newest one and the one from 2013)

Also, does this mean someone would be able to "steal" the username Nobody while i'm not using it?

Edited by Nobody

Heh.. I see, I figured that much, it's not too much trouble for you, is it? Ahh, also also, do you get to keep or make deli foods for yourself when you go home? o:

This also was what I was curious at, are you cleaning just around your area, or do you sometimes have to help around the whole store?

It was at first when I didn't know all the meats but I've gotten a lot more familiar with everything. Still not fully familiar but it's better. Now the main problem nowadays is how tiring it is to be work for such a long time because for my very first job, 9 hours a day really feels like a lot

Just my area!

well their usage is different even tho they mean the same thing

so my question is kinda stupid

saying like, upperclassman damian sounds like you're a hardass or something

then i dont know what to say

i have zero knowledge of moon speak

No, i mean, your login is the first username you've had. Since there are two people with their first username as soul, wouldn't there be two people logging on with the name "Soul"

Also, does this mean someone would be able to "steal" the username Nobody while i'm not using it?

Then that means it changed... Or idk, maybe I'd find out if I checked what it asked me to do when I signed up ^o^

I think before I try going too much in-depth with answering I'll go look this up first

My login Name was always "Nobody", even during the times I had other usernames, so it's at least one year old. Also, in the "change display name" menu, it's written "this won't change your login name", or something like that

Okay SO

It only asks for a username

Back when I joined, it asked for a username and a display name

The username would be what you log in with, the display name is what your name will actually be on the forums

But now there is only one name you give

When you log on to SF... do/can you still do that with your very original username? Or do you do that with your current username? Or does it allow both?

Depending on the answer to that, people may or may not still be able to use the name "Nobody" when you aren't (except this also confuses me, because if they still count as different things then shouldn't it not matter what name people join with/change to if both could be considered the same username with the same purpose? uguuuuuuu thinkthink)

Oops, darn you ninja~

My login Name was always "Nobody", even during the times I had other usernames, so it's at least one year old. Also, in the "change display name" menu, it's written "this won't change your login name", or something like that

SO even though it only asks for one name when you make an account, it still keeps two names... And when somebody joins they can't join as "Nobody" because that original name counts as their log in name.

But I guess if they ever eventually changed their name, if you weren't currently going by Nobody they could change their display name to Nobody. Because they'll still be logging in with their log in from when they joined.

I THINK I've got this straight now ;u;

But yeah I guess that means Soul's log in name isn't Soul, otherwise new people wouldn't have been able to join as Soul

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't think I will either~! Both of my names are custom names from a made up language so people don't commonly come up with the same combination, if they even attempt to make a custom name out of that language like me (which, unless on an Eragon forum or something like that, is very very uncommon and afaik I'm the only SFer who ever has done that) Edited by Freohr Datia

Apparently since my name is a typo of an actual Greek word, I don't think I'll have many people saddened by being told they cannot create an account using my name :D