Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

I am being really lazy and I cba to read anything, my main scumread subbing out doesn't help my enthusiasm much. I'll read ISOs of important people N1 and actually gain opinions. I remember why I stopped playing last year because work really builds up after a time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly, RL just kicked me in the stomach once again. I'm not going to be able to continue playing. I would request a sub, but it looks like I've only got less than an hour left to live anyway. I've got nothing to lose at this point, so I'm going to go ahead and claim: I'm Town Tracker. Not the most powerful investigative role, but an investigative role nonetheless.

I do not have time to read over what's happened since this morning and respond to the wagon against me, so I'll just ##Unvote, ##Vote: Green Poet. I know that looks really bad, but the possibility of her being scum > the possibility of me being scum FMPOV. That is the sole reason for my vote.

If I do end up living past this phase somehow, I'm going to need a sub. I feel I have to apologize, both to the mod for not being able to finish and to everyone playing for my poor play. NOC was never my forte (the majority of games happening when I was active were OC), and being out of the loop for a couple years doesn't help. At least I'll be able to learn from the mistakes I've made in this game so that when I am able to play again (hopefully in a month or two - shouldn't be much longer than that) I won't be such a disappointment.

No matter what happens an hour from now, good luck Town!

OK, I admit it, I'm lazy. Still need to ISO bearclaw/Xinnidy/Shinori/Bluedoom/Fleur/Shin/SB/kirsche/Elieson, but I fell asleep and then got distracted with homework (isn't it usually the other way around?). I'll just give my current thoughts on their alignments here in case I get killed, then ISO Radiant Dragon seeing as how he's the biggest wagon.

Town

Fleur

Shinori

Bluedoom

Null

bearclaw

Elieson

Xinnidy

SB

Shin

kirsche

In retrospect, I guess I should've expected a huge amount of null reads from people I haven't actually reread. That is in order from Towniest to Scummiest BTW.

[spoiler=Radiant Dragon]

After RVS, voted Shin. Didn't explain it and I already said why it was bad as a reaction test. Retracts his vote because it was due to a mixup with him and BBM (I don't know how you mix up Shin and BBM, but okay). States that Fleur is suspicious because she's jumping around with votes a lot, which is a fair point even though I don't agree that it's well, suspicious. Actually does bring up a good point about SB before voting him (how he voted eclipse for a similar reason to defending me). I don't see why scum would defend an inactive so much. Let's say she was his scumbuddy, he could probably just not say much about her at all and not have to worry considering SF doesn't generally lynch inactives. I think his buddying reasoning is bad, but not scummy. Don't really care for his thoughts on vigging, but it's a null tell. Also it's weird how he says we should lynch a suspicious active townie, but I feel like it's waaay too obvious for scum to actually post something like that. I dunno. Also all of his town reads are voting him lol. I really don't know what to make of that. All of his posts are coming across as stream of conscience stuff rather than legitimately scummy. I think a lot of the scumreads amount too oh remember when he made that one bad case, which I think are bad. I don't even get the issues with his listpost. Would not lynch.

I think RD is town, and Green Poet is scum. Now you know who I want to lynch.

Actually, ##Unvote. Green Poet is more active than I will be able to be, there's already been an influx of people subbing out, and most importantly I don't believe she is scum.

Then vote someone you think is scum. :\

Can you please stop saying this? You said EBWOP like 3 or 4 times in this thread. It isn't helping, and when you accuse people of throwing out shitty space-wasting posts, and then do it yourself, it only serves to frustrate me and find you hypocritical -> scummy (It's not bad if I do it, but it's bad if they do it).

The point of those posts were to edit and change he content in the post I quoted. Also, despite making such edits 3-4 times, I do still manage to have quite a substantial amount of content posts.

If you read my cases, at that point, I felt that while eclipse and Radiant Dragon had posted quite a few times, most of their posts lack actual game content. I was not nitpicking at like a particular post or two (or three or four) of their posts that had no content. What you pointed out and what I pointed out are different.

Why should someone switch their vote before getting a response? One, it's not like we can predict the activity of any given player (hell, I can't predict my own activity), and Two, if the vote on said Kopf was intended to apply pressure, how can it be properly responded to if it's shifted to another player?

Their cases are pretty much similar but I think eclipse's case is stronger because she is more willing to leave her vote on someone inactive and insisted on not moving her vote while she could point out that something seemed wrong to her about BigBadMarshmallow and I voting Refa.

Radiant Dragon had voted Shin without much of a reason but at least Shin seemed more poised in a position to respond to a pressure vote given the fact that he had already posted in RVS a few hours earlier.

Also, Kopfjager did not seem like he was going to be posting anytime soon anyway so I think that it would have been better for eclipse to have her vote on someone who was around. Leaving a vote on someone inactive and who does not seem like he's going to post soon is a really convenient way to not contribute to the discussion at all.

Uncalled for.

Hence why I said to stop that point there. Player reactions can be a scum tell sometimes.

My heart, it trembles! You suddenly feel like, after all of today, that eclipse isn't really lynchworthy? You've been up her tailpipe almost all phase, and now, she's just worthy of a bullet after a few others?

What? How have I been on her almost the whole phase. I have only been on her from #128 to #222 at most. That's only 20 hours. Include the fact that between those two posts, I have also pushed a case heavily onto Radiant Dragon as well as had an exchange with Sangyul.

Not gonna flaunt my situation over you, but I do have cause as to why I haven't been active, and hell, you can look at the signups for my post on my expected activity amount.

I will join if you need a slot, (Klien), but only if you need. Activity for me will be minimal until after this weekend.

Your first actual content post is on Thursday. Wow, that's after the weekend mentioned?

Also, why are you trying to tell the vig what to do? I'm pretty sure that if one exists, he/she could figure out what to do by themselves.

Offering him a list of names isn't going to push town back a little. I just wanted to share my opinions of who I wanted killed.

Also, I can't say that I was trying out a reaction test on purpose but the responses from Green Poet and Radiant Dragon helped me out a lot.

1. oh come on you brought up the point all by yourself with absolutely no provocation!!!! WHY SHOULD WE NOT RESPOND TO THINGS THAT YOU BROUGHT UP RANDOMLY?!?! EVERYONE SAYS THINGS FOR A REASON, SO YOU TELLING US NOT TO TALK ABOUT YOUR LOGIC IS BEYOND ME.

2. Lynching scum > Lynching for information. Ok. Cool. Vig'ing for information > Vig'ing for scum is ok though? I don't think so. That's exactly what I'm getting out of your Vig Tier post.

This post reaks of contradictory hyperbole and poor judgment.

1. I told Green to drop the speculations about whether or not I am the vigilante in a previous post with a reason for it: It narrows down who might be the vigilante and who scum should shoot. I fail to see how responding to this can ever be good.

By all means, respond to the "tier list". Just don't speculate and post a whole WIFOM argument of whether I might be the vigilante based on me posting up that list (looking at you, Green Poet).

2. I did not say killing someone for information is better than killing a scum. Killing inactives are more likely to not give information than killing actives but information is not the reason why I wanted the vigilante to shoot an inactive in the first place.

I don't think the vigilante should try to shoot his scum suspects on his own because that would be entirely based off on his one own opinion whereas town lynching is the general opinion of more than just one player after thorough discussion. I think we are more likely to find scum using town discussion than trusting a hypothetical vigilante to shoot his scum reads before any discussions.

Between shooting actives vs inactives, I have already explained how shooting an inactive is better.

I fail to see the contradiction at all. Poor judgment is probable because I have no idea what works and what does not work on the Serenes Forest mafia environment.

We really shouldn't be mislynching, and right now, it's day-flipping-one, with zero information on the table. I really don't think we should be aiming a gun at this point in hopes to find lurkscum, unless you're assuming that we have like 8 lurkscum in this game to pick from.

I concede to the point about shooting tonight.

How has eclipse posted numerous times?

Also you should vote Green Poet who is a lot scummier than Radiant Dragon. Like they both have a lot of posts, but I feel like Radiant Dragon has actually had content in them while Green Poet's way more guilty of having fluff.

Also vig should still shoot tonight, if vig exists. Heheh, vig sounds like veg.

Alright, I'm going to go with my gut and assume Fleur is town. Many apologies to town if it turns out that she's not, and I'm doing something dumb.

My EO role is "medic," on town.

I have an ability that lets me roleblock any non-lethal abilities twice per game, at night. I have another ability that lets me track (?), letting me see someone else's action for that night, but not on whom. I can do this once per game only.

Ughhhhh, ok, I'm here, I know it's last minute, but ugh.

Right, Fleur if you're still here:

If you hadn't heard any roleclaims at all, who would you be voting for? Rolespec is dumb and honestly I dislike this "claim at the last minute thing" too but it's sometimes nice to avoid hitting a doc or cop. With these two roles, either could be town or both could be town but you saying "lol this one doesn't fit with my role (that i'm not going to claim) so i'm going to lynch him" isn't helpful. Do you think he's scummier than Green? And I'm asking that regardless of role.