Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

Ugh, ok, so my current thought process:

Why would Elie put himself in a 1v1 with Shin as opposed to, say, SB or Shinori, or someone who has a slightly more powerful role than tracker? Also, it's not *YLO or anything like that, so why do it now? He knows if he's lying he's just going to get shot or lynched the next day. So him doing this as scum makes not a lot of sense. Unless Shin's scum too, but that would require sac'ing a teammate when it's still pretty uneven probably but ugh why didn't he reveal that he was janvig right away? Also why did eury block a claimed vig multiple nights and ugh.

Also, Shin, you know that's making an absurd argument in response to my valid one. Town jans have showed up multiple times before. Manix's role that you're referencing was a) a bad role and b) hated by Manix and thus has no chance of being in this game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Shin, you know that's making an absurd argument in response to my valid one. Town jans have showed up multiple times before. Manix's role that you're referencing was a) a bad role and b) hated by Manix and thus has no chance of being in this game.

They're not exactly common, I've personally never seen one before in the game's I've played or followed. I think you're being a little complacent about the whole ordeal. I have no idea how Eli would find my role and get it wrong, the only conclusion I'm coming up with is that he's scum and lying. He could have easily checked anyone and run the same case.

The way I see it, worst case you're town and then elie gets shot tonight.

As lovely as that sounds, I'd personally get not mislynched! Surely the reverse can be said too? I'm like eleven million percent certain Eli's scum.

You're right, Shin, it is unbelievable. :/

Because hooker and backup are unambiguously different, they aren't both town. If Elieson was scum and Shin town, he is effectively trading himself for a mislynch best-case scenario, suiciding worst-case, which might be worth it for someone like SB but not for Shin. :/ So having eliminated the impossible, Shin being scum, no matter how improbable, must be the answer. :/

I'm a failure of a Paperblade. :/ If I was a true Paperblade we wouldn't be wasting our time here. :/

[spoiler=end of phase votals]Shin (7): Elieson, Refa, Green Poet, Paperblade, Flan, Baldrick, Kopfjager

Elieson (2): Shin, Eurykins

Not Voting (3): Everyone else

"It's him! I know what he can do!" You heard someone call out. You all jumped aboard and wanted Ricardio dead. You thought Brass had a good death, so you decided that something similar might be appropriate. Someone grabs his bow and arrows and looses an arrow straight through his head. Gruesome, but effective at killing people. Tiara rolled her eyes as she started thinking about how she was going to dispose of the body and clean up the mess. We can't have this just sitting here in the town square...

Dear Shin,

yfFCiTx.png

You are Ricardio, the Survivalist. Your power was scaled back since the first game and you take on more of a supporting role rather than an offensive powerhouse. Still useful for enabling certain strategies.

Once, during the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Firing a Numbing arrow at USER! You will carefully aim at USER, striking them with a paralysing poison, preventing them from using their night action that night.

Twice, during the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Stalking around USER. You will follow USER during the night, seeing who they visited, but not what action they performed.

You are aligned with The Outcasts. You win when your faction achieves a majority of players or nothing can stop the same from happening.

Seems to have been a good choice.

It is now Night Four. You have ~23/47 hours to submit night actions. Phase will properly end at midnight GMT 2/24, however if all actions are in before midnight GMT 2/23, phase will end then.

What a quiet and uneventful night. You all convene in the town square once more, hoping to finish this soon. Tiara takes a headcount. Only 10... ugh. Tiara announces the headcount and they set out to find the missing people. Conveniently enough, you find both of them near the outskirts of town. One of them definitely had a bullet wound through the head, and the other was barely recognizable due to having a slashed up face.

Dear Kopfjager,

FV424kX.png

You are Vogel, the Landskencht. Your proficiency lies in axes and swords. You got a lot more reliable and useful since the first game, but you still miss out on the high damage abilities, making you not as useful as one would like.

Once, during the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Ready to Counter! You prepare yourself for attackers that night. If you were to be killed that night, you will also kill your killer. This does not affect non-killing abilities.

Once, during the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Cut USER to pieces with Deathaxe! You will rush toward USER, axe drawn, and kill them on the spot. This kill cannot be protected, roleblocked, or redirected.

You are aligned with The Guild. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Dear eclipse Eurykins,

qxkkSD1.png

You are Basil, the Gunner. You stand on the back line and pummel enemies with differing elemental and physical attacks. You get some really good damage output doing but you're the slowest class in the game, which is a pain.

Twice, during the night, and only when taking the factional nightkill, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Sniping USER from afar. You will carefully take aim at USER from a far distance, and shoot them. As you are so far away, you will not be seen visiting the kill for any reason.

Twice, during the night, you may reply to your Role PM with Night X - Firing Stunshot at USER. You will prepare a special bullet that can paralyse on contact, and shoot it at USER, preventing them from performing their night action that night.

You are aligned with The Outcasts. You win when your faction achieves a majority of players or nothing can stop the same from happening.

Another one so soon... but it wasn't over.

It is now Day Five. You have ~72 hours to decide on a lynch. Phase ends at 11PM GMT, 2/25. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer, and 3 to lynch at deadline.

Lolarious

APPARENTLY I was redirected on the night that I got my results on Shin, A cookie to anyone who guesses who I got redirected to /sarcasm

APPARENTLY I was supposed to have been told that the 2x ninja 1x hooker was actually a 2x ninja 2x hooker

but manix didn't say about it until after shin flipped. I don't even what

Dat mod error gambit.

I think we can probably run by PoE at this point. SB/Shinori/scorri/Baldrick are all probably town, (the last one is an assumption, would like him to claim today to check something) so we have nearly half the game cleared as not mafia, and scorri and Shinori pretty much cleared as not ITP either.

Lolarious

APPARENTLY I was redirected on the night that I got my results on Shin, A cookie to anyone who guesses who I got redirected to /sarcasm

APPARENTLY I was supposed to have been told that the 2x ninja 1x hooker was actually a 2x ninja 2x hooker

but manix didn't say about it until after shin flipped. I don't even what

manix pls