Roguelike Emblem (character submissions supertopic)

Klokinator

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, frames and minimugs please. It's not that I can't do it or get someone else to do it, but if you want to submit then helping ease the burden on my team is the polite thing to do.

Also, all of those mugs are great! And lemme give props to gabby for formatting his mugs correctly in FEditor format. Makes my life a million times easier!

Posted · Hidden by Florete, February 14, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, February 14, 2014 - No reason given
describes an attraction to young boys, usually from an adult individual.[citation needed] Outside Japan, the term is used less often with this meaning. It refers to a genre of manga and anime wherein pre-pubescent or pubescent male characters are depicted in a suggestive or erotic manner, whether in the obvious role of object of attraction, or the less apparent role of "subject" (the character the reader is designed to associate with), as in where the young male character is paired with male or male of the same age, usually in a homoerotic manner or with older woman/girl of the same age, in which the general community would call straight shota.[nb 1]It can also apply to postpubescent (adolescent or adult) characters with youthful neotenic features that would make them appear to be younger than they are

Sorry, let me amend. It means "children I want to molest".

Clearly very different.

Anyway, I could debate this but I don't particularly care about debating a single word choice someone else made. This is a topic for my project, go make a topic in Srs Bsns if it bugs you.

I'm just saying it's somewhat disturbing that it's being used in conjunction with a romhack and no one is taking umbrage with it since I'm pretty sure sexualizing kids is a bit of a no-no on most forums.

I suppose since you know little about anime culture then you can be excused if you don't realize that 99% of the time a term like Shota and Loli are used as ways of saying "cute kids". Also I'm not offended and this is my topic, so please go elsewhere with this random debate. Thanks.

in anime circles shota pretty much just means "little boy" with literally no sexual connotation

How many private jokes will be in this Hack ? Or more pecisely : How accessible will it be to people new to the forums ?

Seems interresting anyway. Keep up the good work !

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Shota stuff gone

I suppose since you know little about anime culture then you can be excused if you don't realize that 99% of the time a term like Shota and Loli are used as ways of saying "cute kids". Also I'm not offended and this is my topic, so please go elsewhere with this random debate. Thanks.

I'll have to agree that this is going off-topic (aka try to stay on-topic). Though I will add if you want to keep discussing it with Klok you can technically PM him, though he may ignore you if he doesn't want to continue the discussion.

Just treat them the same way you treat swearing in FE.

Back to topic : How many private jokes will be in this Hack ? Or more pecisely : How accessible will it be to people new to the forums ?

Seems interresting anyway. Keep up the good work !

This. Same things when people use "loli".

Pretty sure that fucking kids is worse than swearing, and I'll trust wiki on this over y'all. also lol @ 'anime culture'.

I'll have to agree that this is going off-topic (aka try to stay on-topic). Though I will add if you want to keep discussing it with Klok you can technically PM him, though he may ignore you if he doesn't want to continue the discussion.

I don't actually care, I just find it creepy as shit and I'm trying to express the fact that I find the attitudes of the people involved in this creepy as shit.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, February 14, 2014 - No reason given

you are literally the only one here who thinks that "shota" means "fucking kids"

Edited by CT075

you are literally the only one here who thinks that "shota" means "fucking kids"

describes an attraction to young boys, usually from an adult individual. Outside Japan, the term is used less often with this meaning. It refers to a genre of manga and anime wherein pre-pubescent or pubescent male characters are depicted in a suggestive or erotic manner, whether in the obvious role of object of attraction, or the less apparent role of "subject" (the character the reader is designed to associate with), as in where the young male character is paired with male or male of the same age, usually in a homoerotic manner or with older woman/girl of the same age, in which the general community would call straight shota.[nb 1]It can also apply to postpubescent (adolescent or adult) characters with youthful neotenic features that would make them appear to be younger than they are

Because that's what it means? And I don't think the sexualization of young children should be something that anyone should be okay with?
Edited by The Iron Rose

but we're not sexualizing young children

we're using a japanese term for a young boy

Edited by CT075

Tell me more about your extensive knowledge of japanese culture from watching animes.

seriously it's an obviously sexual term that's used to sexualize kids. There's not really two ways about that and since it was in the context of providing custom portraits that disturbs and bothers me that that sort of language is used.

tell me more about japanese culture from your extensive use of wikipedia

literally what is so obviously sexual about it? give me a source other than wikipedia please

shotacon is a term that refers to somebody who sexualizes young boys, yes; the sexual meaning comes from the underlined part of the word not from the word

it's like "necrophile" vs "necro" - the former is kind of gross and weird but the latter is pretty solidly non-sexual

Edited by CT075

LadyPretty_zpsed3460a2.png

An even prettier mug

HornKid_zps3287ca98.png

Turns into a gargoyle or something

if you like them I'll try to do the frames and the minimugs

I really should sprite more

Bootiful rat lady.

Make the lil boy really happy or sad or something. Make him emotional. :0

He's just kinda :l Klok likes emotion, *dramatic gesture*

Edited by L95

I don't actually care, I just find it creepy as shit and I'm trying to express the fact that I find the attitudes of the people involved in this creepy as shit.

Stop posting here unless you want to be warned.

Back to topic : How many private jokes will be in this Hack ? Or more pecisely : How accessible will it be to people new to the forums ?

I dislike private jokes but there will undoubtedly be a couple that slip through. Most things will be fairly obvious and parodic in nature, much like how we have obvious stereotyping in our media. You know, "super hot but dumb girl" "super cheeful but ragingly powerful steroids man" etc. And if you wanted to, you could call the characters one-dimensional even, but it's all part of the fun.

Bootiful rat lady.

Make the lil boy really happy or sad or something. Make him emotional. :0

He's just kinda :l Klok likes emotion, *dramatic gesture*

Yeah, I dislike (Pardon the term but everyone uses it) "Nayr-Face" characters, who all have exactly the same look on their face. Weird characters with exaggerated facial features are much funner to write dialogue for, like Matthew, Serra, Boredcas, Hector, Nino, etc. Characters like Rath in FE7 were always dull to me because they just look completely disengaged from their surroundings (Though his backstory makes it clear why so even that is acceptable.)

I don't really care if people submit bad mugs, poorly spliced together mugs, or mugs that are boring to look at. But for people who go the extra mile and submit mugs with a lot of attention put into making them unique, those mugs are more likely to be used in actual cutscenes and get dialogue and personality breathed into them.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Klok

Eliburp Knights was stupid from the beginning and I hated it, though it was a pretty punny title. Since this is a serious endeavor that may even, dare I say it, revolutionize the community, I think a more serious title is appropriate.

It's still totally a comedy game though.

Oh and when FEXNA is released I'll make my game open source so people can rip me the fuck off copy me and maybe improve on what I've done. Good luck improving though, I've been planning something like this for years. This is basically going to be my life's work.

wow that is so sad now that i think about it

Edited by Klok

that really is sad klok go outside and LIVE

that said, I'm glad you're taking a slightly more serious route with this one, MoH always seemed cool but it also seemed pretty backburner/meh-who-cares

this actually looks awesome even despite it's non-seriousness of plot and all. :)