Tiki: Infamous for being a terrible riser

RJWalker

You said it was "in bad taste" lol I generally associate that phrase with raunchy things :p

I know, but I don't understand why it's a big deal, she grew out of it. It's a pretty popular trope, a child learning how to deal with nightmares or them going away.

(But I was mainly amused/confused at how much he was blowing it up, what does "It's in bad taste" even mean in this context.)

Would be worse if it was the Avatar who cured her of her nightmares.

We should all be glad they didn't choose this road.

Would be worse if it was the Avatar who cured her of her nightmares.

We should all be glad they didn't choose this road.

I don't

The tears that comes from choosing this route would be much more amusing

I wouldn't care if it wasn't framed a joke. If it was used as the focus of a support conversation, then great but as it stands, it's used as a one-off joke and very briefly brought up in her support with FAvatar (before deteriorating in something else entirely).

I dislike a lot of things about Awakening but this...

This makes me sick.

I understand it being inconsistent is annoying, but... why does it make you sick? In poor taste?

Like, does it imply she had sex a lot or something? You reaction almost feels like you think it is dirty? wat

Jack, do you see the sense you are making?

:facepalm:

What.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't framed a joke. If it was used as the focus of a support conversation, then great but as it stands, it's used as a one-off joke and very briefly brought up in her support with FAvatar (before deteriorating in something else entirely).

Oh, you're upset over it being a joke in a support.

I only remembered where she talks about it with Nah ("You snooze so much because you slept for a thousand years?"), but I do see your point.

I was just baffled by your choice of language, you were talking about it like she did something taboo. "This makes me sick" and "In poor taste" almost made me question if this was a serious topic lol it just seems your reaction is so overblown, as those phrases are generally reserved for something legitimately terrible.

Can't say I'm particularly disgusted myself, though. Anytime I thought this game couldn't get any lower, it proved me wrong. Again and again. Nothing about it surprises me anymore.

Anytime I thought you couldn't get anymore nitpicky about this game, you proved me wrong. Honestly, why do you keep posting in threads that are about a game you obviously feel nothing but loathing towards? I don't think I've ever seen you write anything on the Awakening boards that wasn't a complaint in some way.

Sorry, but constantly joining conversations about a game just to say how ''disgusted'' you are makes you come off as a whiner. That's how I see it at least.

I might get some flak for this post, but I just really wanted to get that off my chest because it's been eating me ever since I joined the forums.

I really don't see how it's something to get your pants in a twist over, dude. 8U I'm with L95 here, it's one thing to get a twitch over a silly joke, but "disgusted" and "bad taste" are rather strong terms. Everyone knows how much you love Shadow Dragon, but it's kinda silly to get so worked up over a light-hearted joke with Tiki.

I really don't see how it's something to get your pants in a twist over, dude. 8U I'm with L95 here, it's one thing to get a twitch over a silly joke, but "disgusted" and "bad taste" are rather strong terms. Everyone knows how much you love Shadow Dragon, but it's kinda silly to get so worked up over a light-hearted joke with Tiki.

This.

You're overthinking things. Just read the joke as, well, a joke. If you don't like it that's fine of course, but just dismiss it as a bad joke and nothing else.

Anytime I thought you couldn't get anymore nitpicky about this game, you proved me wrong. Honestly, why do you keep posting in threads that are about a game you obviously feel nothing but loathing towards? I don't think I've ever seen you write anything on the Awakening boards that wasn't a complaint in some way.

Well, as far as my last few posts go.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46136&page=4#entry2925430

Making an argument that Tharja's figurine is not expressing her character. So it is an complaint about the merchandise misrepresenting the game itself. The DoA comment counts, though. It's definitely expressing my concern about the direction of the series, with the figurine being only one of many symptoms.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46012#entry2911905

My personal guess on why IS is illustrating Morgan the way they do in his artwork. No criticism whatsoever.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45975&view=findpost&p=2911310

Discussing the merged Earth Dragons theory. I argue that there is reason to assume that they merged beyond them simply not appearing.

In other words, I actually argued that the writers might actually have written things that are well thought out.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45877

I made lots of comments in this thread. My very first one included a sarcastic comment about the supposed non-god Narga being more of a god then the actual gods in the series. Sorry for that but that was only one of the many posts I made there.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45821&view=findpost&p=2896830

I made a post about the class designs I liked. I noted that while I like the male Grandmaster, the female design is except from that and while I like the Sage designs, the Emmeryn recolor versions are except from it.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45764

Several posts on the subject of hostile Lord Lucina wearing her mask. None of them include complaints

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33640&view=findpost&p=2882585

I asked if the spheres in Awakening are supposed to be named differently then the ones in Shadow Dragon or if the localization is responsible for that.

There are a few complaints before but they were in a topic called "People seem to dislike Avatar". So that was the entire point.

Sorry, but constantly joining conversations about a game just to say how ''disgusted'' you are makes you come off as a whiner. That's how I see it at least.

I listed all my posts on this board back to January 15 so I don't think this description is accurate.

I like to discuss a variety of topics due to being a Fire Emblem fan.

But this the Awakening board. It's not the Awakening fanboys board or even the Awakening appreciation board but the board for all topics related to the game. And I'm not gonna pretend that it is one of the first two.

I might get some flak for this post, but I just really wanted to get that off my chest because it's been eating me ever since I joined the forums.

Well, that's precisely my reason for when I make negative comments about Awakening.

I have a lot of things on my chest about it and I would like to talk about it just like everyone else who consumed a piece of media which left a strong impression on them. Whether that impression was good or bad is irrelevant.

Edit:

Anyway, to say something that can actually keep this on topic, I guess it could be possible to interpret it as a nod to her having overcome does times. It does require a bit of goodwill, though.

Considering that Nah and Nowi can even exist with the Binding Shield broken, they don't even seem to know why she was sleeping in the first place, let alone understanding how much she suffered during that time.

So I don't have the impression that the statement was made in good fun. My impression is that they knew she slept for a long time, so they kept associating her with sleep, whether for gaining visions (despite Nah being able to do it on the spot), for that obligatory quirk in the profile and by having her being asleep every time she appears.

Edited by BrightBow

Since for some reason a few posters here seem to be oblivious to implications, I'm almost completely sure that what's allegedly "in poor taste" is the fact that Tiki's little trivia tidbit is (at least being considered to be) essentially making a mockery of her traumatic experiences relating to sleep in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem.

In which case, while I think being sickened by it is perhaps a bit overdramatic a reaction, I do concur that it's... not a really good thing of them to have done.

Edited by Starlight36

Since for some reason a few posters here seem to be oblivious to implications, I'm almost completely sure that what's allegedly "in poor taste" is the fact that Tiki's little trivia tidbit is (at least being considered to be) essentially making a mockery of her traumatic experiences relating to sleep in Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem.

That was pretty much my reaction to all the "LOL, Tiki's a sleepyhead!" stuff in Awakening. Add that to the teasing implication that little chibi!Tiki might've had sexual attraction to her "big brother" Marth and Tiki's whole presentation did make me uncomfortable. And it does feel to me more like playing trauma for laughs than presenting adult!Tiki as healed from the experience... and whaddya know, this is the same game with the Tharja&Noire antics that also make me profoundly uncomfortable.

I seriously doubt anyone missed the implication. As to how it was presented:

We live for millennia, while humans flicker out like candles. The greatest friendship I ever knew lasted just a few short decades... And when King Marth died, I was left to wander the centuries alone ... It can be very sad, yes. But it can make you strong as well. You will learn to cherish the memories of the wonderful people you meet. You will make them a part of you so they can give you courage always.

Cheesiness aside, that sounds more like "healed from the experience" than "played for laughs" to me.

That was pretty much my reaction to all the "LOL, Tiki's a sleepyhead!" stuff in Awakening. Add that to the teasing implication that little chibi!Tiki might've had sexual attraction to her "big brother" Marth and Tiki's whole presentation did make me uncomfortable. And it does feel to me more like playing trauma for laughs than presenting adult!Tiki as healed from the experience... and whaddya know, this is the same game with the Tharja&Noire antics that also make me profoundly uncomfortable.

When did it hint at sexual attraction? I don't remember that.

Morgan!Tiki also is described as a sleepyhead, so it seems like they're pretty much taking heavy sleep as one of Tiki's natural traits here.

Morgan, you look sleepy. Need a dose of dragonbreath to wake you up?

You sleep even more than me, Morgan. Maybe we should compete to stay awake!

It's used for humor, but it's not like that's the only thing Tiki's character is about in this game. I guess it sounds pretty dark when compared to young Tiki's comments about her fear of sleeping, but it's pretty clear that older Tiki doesn't suffer from that anymore. It's not some big development actually dealt with by the game, since they never directly address her getting over those nightmares, but it's not an unfortunate implication either since it's pretty clear that Awakening Tiki doesn't fear her past and isn't plagued by nightmares anymore.

Edited by NeonZ