Which version of SSB4 are you getting?

Anacybele

Which version of SSB4 are you getting?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Wii U, 3DS, or Both?

• Wii U
    • 3DS
    • Both

Since the game's coming out this year, I figured we're all making our final decisions on which version to get. Keep in mind though, that Sakurai said that they won't be coming out at the same time. I think he's thinking the Wii U version will be first because of difficulties with the 3DS one.

Anyway, the only differences between the two versions that we know of so far are that the Wii U version will have stages from home console games while the 3DS version will have stages from handheld games. It's possible that the same will hold true for music, but who knows?

So which will you be getting? I'm getting both, but I'll be more active on the Wii U version because bigger screen, comfy couch, and I don't travel a lot (even though I'd like to). And possible FE9/FE10 stages. :3

Also, once there's a clear idea of how many people are getting each version, I'm thinking we should have tournaments after the games come out and we get some practice. Since the two versions are incompatible with each other online, there should be two separate tourneys, one for Wii U players and a second for 3DS players, but everyone would be free to enter both if they desire. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's on page 2, but this thread already exists.

Y'know it's amazing how few people know how to use the "Search" function...

You don't have to be a jerk about it. And besides, that thread is several months old, just as I figured.

Also, for those of you who don't have a Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with SSB Wii U bundles to increase the console's sales. :P

Edited by Anacybele

So? I doubt that people who said that they were only get one version would have changed their minds in the meantime. Therefore, this thread is a waste of internet space.

Did someone piss you off recently or something? Because you're still unnecessarily acting like a jerk.

It's entirely possible that people could've changed their minds and that we could've gotten some new members that are interested in this games since the last thread.

Edited by Anacybele

So? I doubt that people who said that they were only get one version would have changed their minds in the meantime. Therefore, this thread is a waste of internet space.

That thread is long past dead. Your posts are wastes of internet space, so stop making them, please and thank you.

I have both Wii U and 3DS but will likely be getting the Wii U version.

I currently have a 3DS, but I really don't think the handheld's going to be comfortable for a fighting game. I'll probably only buy it for the Wii U unless Awakening characters end up being exclusive to 3DS or something.

I currently have a 3DS, but I really don't think the handheld's going to be comfortable for a fighting game. I'll probably only buy it for the Wii U unless Awakening characters end up being exclusive to 3DS or something.

That won't be an issue, both versions have the same set of characters.

I basically want every video game console made by nintendo and sony right now, which mean I probably won't be getting a wii u anytime soon =(

So 3ds.

This. So much this.

I want a PS3, Wii U, and Vita (because Kiseki).

If I ever get a Wii U, then yeah, I'll get the Wii U version.

But for now, 3DS (even though I think that a game like SSB would tax the buttons pretty hard).

It's likely I won't get either version.

The Wii U version is the one I'd want, but I don't want the game or the console itself enough (yet) to buy one just for this game.

As weird as that sounds.

Edited by PKLucas531

Brawl 4 is 70% of the reason I plan on getting a WiiU. The other 30% is because of Zelda WW HD and the other, upcoming Zelda games and Sonic BOOM that will ultimately turn it into a must-have.

I'm not getting it for 3DS, despite owning one. I'm into competetive Smash play, and I really care too much about my 3DS as to break in the process. xd

I know it's on page 2, but this thread already exists.

Y'know it's amazing how few people know how to use the "Search" function...

To reply to that would break the necroposting rule. Ana was right in making a new topic.

Back to more relevant things. . .I will get a Wii U one day, and will pick up that copy of Smash then. In the meantime, I'll grab the 3DS version.

But for now, 3DS (even though I think that a game like SSB would tax the buttons pretty hard).

Holy crap, this kind of thing is annoying. I remember how seriously worn out the control sticks on our N64 controllers got because of how much my brothers and I played that thing. xP

I hope I won't end up doing the same to my 3DS or Wii U gamepad circlepads.

Edited by Anacybele