My brother's thoughts on FE4 Gen 1's ending (FE4 spoilers inbound)

My brother spoiled himself on some of the story in FE4, and these are his thoughts (Note: He has not played the game and I am not responsible for his grammar):

Ah Fire Emblem. Such an awesome game with lovable characters and memorable maps. Of course, they also have you feel bad if, for instance, you were playing FE6, and one of your units dies, and you decide to go along without them, you'll regret it and feel like a monster all because this unit died and you left them behind. So why did they have to make a game that 'ends' with your army dead on the floor in their own ceremony?! In this game Sigurd leads his army to conquer all enemy fortresses because he's so fucking badass that I swear he can one shot a maxed out hero just by sitting still on the enemy phase. He gets some help and advice from a sorcerer by the name of Alvis and marries a girl shaman named Deirdre. And that's where the game becomes an asshole. While Sigurd's out tearing up the rest of the game, Deirdre gets worried about him and leaves the castle where she was babysitting their son, Celice. Then some assdick in a cloak takes her away, erases her memory, makes her marry Alvis (Who was in on it all along) and then he rapes her in order to create their new empowered godly son, Julius because both Alvis and Deirdre have blood of some dark god. Oh yeah, Alvis and Deirdre are half siblings too! What the fuck?! After killing the 'final' boss and heading to his congratulations ceremony, Sigurd found out about this outrage right as Alvis orders the entire army be put to death. Then he destroys the whole army and Sigurd with his signature weapon, Falaflame, and that's how the game 'ends'...Well I am definitely putting Alvis on my to-kill list! Imagine you're a kid in Japan playing this game and you see this: Your army marching toward the castle for a ceremony only to realize it's a trap and then losing every last unit in your hard earned army! When I first saw this, I freaked out because it makes me rage about the fact that no matter what you do, or how you do it, almost none of your units survive the first half of the game. Yes, that's right. This ISN'T the end of the game because the next half of the game is Sigurd and Deirdre's son Celice forming an army of his own to end the war! AND he gets to kill that assdick Alvis, the cloaked guy (His name is Manfroy and he's behind the whole setup) and Julius! Hurray!

And he wrote this for fun. I'm not sure if I'm amazed or disturbed.

After killing the 'final' boss and heading to his congratulations ceremony, Sigurd found out about this outrage right as Alvis orders the entire army be put to death.

No way anyone thought that Reptor or whatever his name is was the final boss. I mean, come on.

No way anyone thought that Reptor or whatever his name is was the final boss. I mean, come on.

He had a monocle, you don't know someone could have thought this was a James Bond game!

With all of that fast passed shooting action.

And the multiple mission objectives.

And the freedom to faff about the entire continent no wait you can actually do that in FE4 DUCK (not editing that).

Y'know. . .that description is enough for me to find the damn game again and FINISH IT. Because that's motivation in and of itself.

EDIT: If only to see Sylvia die. She's not a favorite of mine.

Edited by eclipse

Y'know. . .that description is enough for me to find the damn game again and FINISH IT. Because that's motivation in and of itself.

Things I learned: eclipse is not a fan of seeing "a little girl with THESE before."

:[

Yeah, the scene and the build-up to it were foreboding. It's very much unlike pretty much any other FE. The player knows the army is on its way to an inevitable end, but the army has no clue. Then it happens and you're like "Holy shit."

...Though we all know Sigurd vs. Arvis in man-to-man combat would not end well for the latter. Bullshit factor increases tenfold when you find out the result of Lewyn vs. Manfloy. >_>

BRB taking this out of context :P:

Oh jeez

Eh, Arvis is still a fairly tragic character himself in some aspects. Not denying he was a dick to Sigurd and his army, but it's obvious he was played for a fool the whole way as well.

I agree, Manfroy was the real assdick of this story

I wonder if Alvis actually truly loved Deirdre