School of Hard NOCs - Night 6 ends on Mar. 15 at 9:00 PM HST

eclipse

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Bear shouldn't make random rash edits for no reason.

uhhhh editing a joke post while on meds isnt "rash"

the spirit of the game should be more important than dickwaving one's authority here, see: musical chairs

the spirit of the game should be more important than dickwaving one's authority here, see: musical chairs

And I believe Eclipse's statement wasn't rash. It was a legitimate post. It was already in the rules; so giving a warning to everyone already should be enough. That's basically two warnings; not to mention that bearclaw isn't a newb and knows to not edit posts.

Also you can't say it doesn't matter if a fair amount of people didn't see the edited post; I didn't. So unless you have a quote of the original post or unless a majority of the players saw the post there is honestly no way for people to know if it was important or game-relevant or not.

That's not my motivation, but trying to explain it to you is a waste of time.

Of course, if I don't really use my role effectively I could always sub out.

So there's that.

I disagree. Whether you use it as 'effectively' or not shouldn't be your concern/priority. Just play the game how you feel is the best that you can do, and no one can fault you for it. Comes with being a new player, and you'll never be more effective with roles until/unless you experience and see for yourself how it can be utilized to aid the gameplay and your allies.

it's what it amounts to regardless of your intent

Also I'm going to point out it's possible to incorporate punishments without significantly screwing up the game like modkills do, eg posting restrictions, or that game where people talked after hammer so I delayed the flip a few hours. Irritating to people, but not actually important in the long run. Just killing somebody because they made a mistake with 0 impact on the game messes up game state and is demotivating to the players.

so there's three anon's and idk if one of them is Shatter just showing up (I doubt it).

One of those is me, I switched earlygame because I lurk tactically as both alignments and don't want people to go "Prims why are you reading the thread and not posting".

The "clipsey should stop rushing her votals" votals

BBM (1) - Kaoz

Rajam (1) - JB

JB (6) - Radiant Dragon, Scarlet, BBM, Eurykins, Balcerzak, Shinori

Scarlet (1) - Rajam

Prims (1) - Frosty Fire Mage

Frosty Fire Mage (5) - Haze, SB, bearclaw, Prims

No Vote - Randa

A bit under 15 minutes remaining in D1, as of this post Votals aren't in order, but I'm in a hurry.

Somehow, no one caught the spelling error in my last votal.

Edited by eclipse

I'd just take it to your Role PM at this point, Prims. You're not alone in your opinion (I feel the exact same way you do), but I don't think eclipse is running a democracy here. She's going to do what she believes is best for her game, even if we don't agree.

No one saw that. ;/

Also. . .

Also I'm going to point out it's possible to incorporate punishments without significantly screwing up the game like modkills do, eg posting restrictions, or that game where people talked after hammer so I delayed the flip a few hours. Irritating to people, but not actually important in the long run. Just killing somebody because they made a mistake with 0 impact on the game messes up game state and is demotivating to the players.

My rules are not there for my entertainment. As a game host, I'd expect you to know this. If you can't follow your own rules, AS A HOST, then why should anyone else? I suggest you think about this instead of reply to it.

Eclipse- you're right, the rules aren't there for entertainment purposes. They're there to ensure the smooth functioning of the game. What's more disruptive and harmful to gameplay- Bearclaw editing a jokepost or you modkilling him for it?

Eclipse- you're right, the rules aren't there for entertainment purposes. They're there to ensure the smooth functioning of the game. What's more disruptive and harmful to gameplay- Bearclaw editing a jokepost or you modkilling him for it?

Me not following what I say.