School of Hard NOCs - Night 6 ends on Mar. 15 at 9:00 PM HST

eclipse

Rules are rules, that's all there is to it. I expect everyone to drop this matter now.

Not happy that we're lynching JB without a claim, but can't be helped.

##Unvote

##Vote: JB

FF, use the Tracker part of your role.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone decided that they didn't like hard songs.

Dear JB,

Your song is Bad Maniacs. You first appeared on a console version, with some pretty stupid requirements. You're back where you belong, in the arcade version, frustrating people with your Another.

During the night, you may reply to your role PM with Phase X - PLAYER needs to die. At the end of whatever phase you specify (yes, you can do this during the day), you will kill yourself and PLAYER.

You are allied with the town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated.

Someone else meddled with time. That never ends well. Read the rules, folks!

Dear bearclaw,

Your song is sync. You were the first collaboration of two awesome songwriters, and those that know and revere you are part of a time long past. Still, you're a ton of fun to play, even if you're hardly Hell course material these days.

Since you're the best song in this mafia game, your vote counts for two (and will appear in the votals). This shuts off in MYLO and related variants, as determined by me.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with Night X - Protecting PLAYER. If PLAYER would die, you will die in their place. The person responsible for the killing will lose their role permanently (if they have one).

You are allied with the town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated.

Well, that wasn't a good day for town. . .

It is now Night 1! Night 1 ends on February 28 at 7:00 PM. Have at it! No talking at night unless your role allows you to. Also, I will need another sub.

Dawn comes, and you find the following:

Dear Randa,

You are--

It is now Day 2! Day 2 ends on March 3 at 7:30 PM, 'cause it's clipsey busy time. THE CLOCK!

Edited by eclipse

Hmm, Randa kill was probably just made because there wasn't a lot of suspicion on him after RVS and he hadn't said anything about his role, so he made a good jan target. I don't think it would be his suspicions, because he never really stuck to one person for any length of time.

FFM, what results did you get?

Prims, did you choose not to sub out?

Yeah I decided I was being a douche, my motivation is pretty drained though and I want to do other things right now so I probably won't have a good post until tomorrow.

BBM, I don't understand what you're trying to say. What wouldn't be suspicious?

Kaoz:

- This reply/comment regarding your read on Prims feels a bit weird to me. It's not so much the fact that you have a null read on him, but the latter aspect of other people "finding him weird at one point or another" making you wary? Seems uncharacteristically unsure of yourself, imo.

I just answered Raymond's question, that's all.

- I understand your concerns regarding FFM with this post/comment, but something about it feels... off to me. As good as your intentions may seem, I can't help but shake the feeling that you're trying to bait out an easy role claim from a newbie.

Unnecessary for scum!me since his wagon had a good chance of picking up in which case he'd have to claim anyway. Anyway, you don't seem to understand all the implications from him claiming, so allow me to elaborate:

1. Assuming he's town, given his thread play, there's no way the mafia was going to NK him under normal circumstances since I doubt anyone feels particularly threatened by him. So by letting them know his role, I essentially created a threat from his slot that wouldn't exist otherwise, forcing the mafia to play around it (in our specific case, how long can you keep a Tracker/Follower around for without it getting too dangerous).

2. Assuming a claim worthy of keeping around, it means people can't jump on an easy lynch target, which is obviously good for us as well because then the mafia has to actually do stuff and expose themselves more, making it easier for us to figure out who they are.

3. Assuming he's mafia, it means we can control his actions to a certain extent or at the very least get information from them that we wouldn't get otherwise.

So in summary, while I'm not scum myself, I did want scum to know his role, because this was one of the rare cases in which it would actually improve our situation.

Didn't see anything addressed at myself while catching up, so I'll be back later.

Eurykins managed to succeed in whatever action they took during the night.

Perhaps this is linked to Randa...?

That's not near enough to assume he Janned Randa. It would be nice for Eurykins to confirm his action succeeded, though. He doesn't have to out his role, obviously.

I would hope that the mafia nightkill is not the only active ability left in the game.

Also, why do mods always give the shitty Follower variants and not the one that's a pseudo-Rolecop? ;_;

Actually Randa was voting Prims for a while but I feel that if Prims was scum he wouldn't have protested as much about the Bearclaw modkill. He probably would have just said it was dumb after the game but not really said as much about it during D1. IIRC he's not the type of player who insists on things being super fair even if it hurts his alignment- he was okay with the tactical modkill in CMV for example.

@Kaoz- huh? Not sure what you mean. When did I talk about anyone being suspicious? I said that I didn't think it would be Randa's suspicions that got him killed, but more that he just seemed to be a general townread who made a good jan target on account of having said nothing about his role.

IIRC he's not the type of player who insists on things being super fair even if it hurts his alignment- he was okay with the tactical modkill in CMV for example.

I thought the tactical modkill was a shitty thing to do on jalmont's part but was very frustrated because people refused to forgive him for it, like it was some sort of abominable act he could never come back from. Plus it was funny.

In this case I would have been similarly irritated as scum but probably would have complained in the scum quicktopic and not the thread.

I don't know anything about CMV (Choral Mafia V?), but I thought we as a forum had moved past the point where tactical mod-kills were considered acceptable.

That ISO about associative reads from Randa's posts will have to wait until tomorrow. Don't have time tonight.

nobody likes tactical modkills but jalmont was from a different forum

also based on the flips so far I'm convinced I have the worst flavor character in the game.

Eurykins managed to succeed in whatever action they took during the night.

Perhaps this is linked to Randa...?

This is true. My action did succed last night, but it was not related to Randa at all.

No Bal ISO in the OP. D:

New reads:

- My opinion on FFM has improved quite a bit. His claim seems genuine (although scum!trackers aren't unheard of) and he's generally been starting to act more reasonable towards the end of D1 (although I still don't agree with much of his logic). Getting newb!town vibes now. Definitely wouldn't lynch at this point.

- Really dislike Prims for the complete 180 regarding an FFM hammer before the latter had a chance to claim. It ended up not happening, but he conveniently also didn't respond to Randa asking for an explanation for the sudden change of mind. Granted, bear did the same and flipped town, but ehhh.

- Wary of PaperBal again. However big his explanation may have been, he still ended up jumping on the easy FFM wagon simply for the latter being a defensive, unexperienced newbie and making simple newbie mistakes that tell little if anything about his alignment.

- I have a bad gut feeling about Shinori, similarly because of his voting pattern and reasoning for it, although a few of his actions give me the opposite vibe... I'd like to hear some other people's thoughts about him.

Gonna post this now since the forums are kinda acting up. Will later ISO the people I haven't paid much attention to so far.

For the time being:

##Slice with a pointy blade: Prims

what when did I change my mind on wanting FFM hammered

From #305 to #309, a matter of literally 15 minutes.

Even if the post to Shinori was a joke, putting FFM at L-1 when he already had enough votes on him to get lynched at phase end regardless was bad.