Crimea declares independence from Begnion

Chiki

To be honest this joke was never funny

But I guess I can see how people can think this joke was funny if you really squint

Also Furet is still my hero

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, an invasion in Eastern Europe is in fact unironically a big deal, I am glad your sarcasm meant that you stumbled into the truth.

He meant the joke did not hurt anyone. And anyways, it is a big deal and its bad but there are worse things that go on all around the world that pretty much everyone turns a blind eye to. I'll admit when I first heard of Crimea I thought of FE but then realized the gravity of the situation. If that makes me go to hell then so be it. And there are a lot of worse things on the internet then that joke.

I'll admit when I first heard of Crimea I thought of FE but then realized the gravity of the situation. If that makes me go to hell then so be it.

no because you recognize the difference between thinking something and saying it

I actually wasn't able to catch the news last night; did anything new occur over there that I should be aware of? My roommate is actually of Ukrainian descent, so I'd kinda like to know.

Dawn Brigade, maybe?

Yes, actually. You know, dawn, light, I thought it made sense.

fucking lol at the person trying to look sage by remembering the Charge of the Light Brigade is indeed a poem about heroic British failure but forgetting everything else about it and thinking it's impressive hahah fucking christ

I never said I thought is was impressive. I openly stated I was liable to be completely wrong about it. Heck, I didn't even know it was a poem, so there's an example of just how unimpressive my knowledge of Ukraine is.

Yes, an invasion in Eastern Europe is in fact unironically a big deal, I am glad your sarcasm meant that you stumbled into the truth.

Actually those of us whose lives aren't devoted to jacking off to blue-haired anime girls were thinking of noted region of Ukraine 'Crimea' when told of the invasion of Crimea

fucking lol at the person trying to look sage by remembering the Charge of the Light Brigade is indeed a poem about heroic British failure but forgetting everything else about it and thinking it's impressive hahah fucking christ

What isn't a big deal is that I'm joking about it--I never said the situation itself was no big deal.

What isn't a big deal is that I'm joking about it--I never said the situation itself was no big deal.

i'm offended by the fact that the joke came before any semblance of discussion on the site

hmmm

okay that can be my second motto after "man united are cunts and everyone should hate them unless they live in that part of manchester" which is more important imo

Forgive me for this joke, but...

This all would have made FE10 much more interesting.

Real talk: I understand the gravity of the situation, and that Russia has technically invaded Crimea, and that there is a lot of violent protecting going on. It's terrible for the people caught up in this, but so goes history. Really, what I will put my hope towards is that Ukraine will finish its voting an then thins can be sorted out peacefully.

Referendum on whether Crimea wants to join Russia is scheduled for March 16th.

It's going to be pretty awkward for Russia if it doesn't pass so I'm guessing one way or another it's going to succeed and Crimea rejoins Mother Russia.

Well, also, last I heard, there are going to be like twice as many ballots as there need to be, and your options are "yes" or "leave blank to vote for no." So unless very, very few yes votes come in, it won't be very hard to say, "oh, yeah, they want to join." Which, I mean, they might, but still :/

Also your title doesn't fucking work.

They aren't declaring independence. They're joining Russia. That was the point of the fucking exercise. Jesus christ.

Also your title doesn't fucking work.

They aren't declaring independence. They're joining Russia. That was the point of the fucking exercise. Jesus christ.

Look at the very first line of the link you gave me lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/17/ukraine-crimea-russia-referendum-complain-result

Crimea's regional parliament has declared independence

You're very sharp :P

To join Russia they need to declare independence first.