Masquerade Part 2: Army of Darkness

Nanami Touko

Couch Nap

"I'm going to enjoy every minute of it," Makin said, dropping her armor on the floor and relaxing back against the cushions in the tank-top, and effectively shorts, that had been hiding underneath. She ended up taking over the entire sofa, much to the chagrin of Sara at the counter.

"Makin, you bought a room. You've a bed upstairs to relax on..." She didn't want to try and force the snake off of her spot, knowing it wouldn't really work, but she had to mention it, at least. It was her job!

"Not moving. You said you weren't expecting many guests, so, it shouldn't be a problem." She closed her eyes and did her best to start nodding off.

"Ohhhhh..." Sara groaned, but didn't say anything. She didn't have to backbone to attempt the persuading of a naga.

Cheese It

"That doesn't answer my question!" Ingverd shouted back, ready to take her again if she went to swing, but luckily for them both, Kurtis and a group of slum dwellers showed up. It didn't matter how tough Leiha was at that point, she couldn't take the entire group. She threw out a bland threat, and ran away. Ingverd waved her off with a look of disgust on his face. "Good riddance... Show your face again, we'll see what happens." He left his arm open for Valha to hold onto, helping her keep her footing. He put the iron sword away, noticing that Kurtis still had his shamshir strapped around his belt. "Didn't sell that yet, huh?"

Kurtis watched Leiha leave, holding a hand out for his men to hold. There was no point in chasing a cornered beast. As for the sword, "no, I haven't. I haven't had the chance to go up town. I know where to go, please do not worry... Though I wonder if I should have this. It feels like it would've been better suited in your arms, moments ago." He grimaced, and walked over. "What did you need of me, then?"

Ingverd sighed through the comments on the sword, deciding to focus on what was important. "I wanted to talk to you, actually. I had a rather bold idea for you and some of your dwellers, here. If you can lead us to that fire of yours, so I can sit down and put some salve on this," he said, motioning towards the gash on his chest, "I'd be more than happy to talk it out with you."

"Very well... And you'd best be glad this boy came to find us. He seemed rather desperate. For good reason, as it turns out." Edward shrunk behind one of the other adults, wondering if he should've tried to run quicker. They weren't dead, so at least, that was good.

Breaking It In

"Greatbow, eh? Seems th'string's a bit off on it. Might be why you're havin' so much trouble aimin'. I can tighten that, shape the wood a bit, try t'reinforce some o'the metalwork. Sound good?" Burke picked up the bow and began to look it over, to the places where he could work on it, and make it better. A small centaur made her way into the shop, and Burke waved, giving her a "howdy," without any laughter attached. He'd known plenty of folks in his work. No need to discriminate.

Poison Weapons

Alicia blushed and laughed, "oh you," she added into the mix, settling back onto the counter. Raith put another poison weapon on there, and she looked a bit perplexed. "You with that other fellow there, with the bows, that just left? He had a poison weapon too. What're you all up to?" She looked inquisitively at Raith, before taking another look at the weapon. "Sure thing, I can take it. Get the poison off it, sell it as a normal ol' lance. Hundred fifty gold."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valha rubbed her head against Ingverd, listening quietly though his conversation with Kurtis. Bold idea? she wondered, thinking what he could have in mind over until Kurtis brought up that the little harpy had helped them out. "Thanks, Edward," she spoke to the boy. "You're a good kid, yeah?"

At Ingverd's suggestion, they began off towards the central fire. "She was... probably right," she spoke up. "That you were a little bit lucky. I don't like to admit it, but she was really careless fightin' both of us, and we still might've lost if these guys didn't show up. But I'm glad you were there. I doubt I could've survived if you weren't. So thank you, too, Ingverd." She thought over his question that Leiha hadn't answered. "We're not really sisters... you might've saw her wings were not at all like mine, because we're different kinds of harpies. I grew up with her, yeah, but as far as blood goes we're not related. When she says sister, it's bitter and resentful. It's a harpy thing where a family sort of invades another, so I don't really know my birth mother and father, but I was raised with Leiha. For a while, I looked close enough that nobody knew the difference, but eventually we all figured it out 'n I was an outcast in my own home. That's why me 'n Lanos ended up workin' together... his mom left him, too, so I felt bad for the guy 'n we stuck together."

She sighed. "We managed to live fine, just the two of us, but when we decided to leave Felson I felt I gotta say goodbye. That's when me 'n Leiha fought... me 'n Lanos had to delay leavin' for a while since I was hurt too badly to do much of anythin'. But I tore somethin' in her wing that messed her up even worse, so she can't fly anymore. 'N I guess that's my story."

Lanos looked down as Vriska attached herself to him. He couldn't help but wonder if she was just messing with him and trying to make him feel uncomfortable or if she was actually serious. Another thing to ask if they ended up alone. Seeing that, apart from Vriska asking Maja to carry her tomes, neither of them needed anything, he made his way into the slums while making sure he walked slow enough for Vriska to match his pace. He didn't really have anywhere particular that he wanted to go, other than the last spot he'd stayed so he could check if certain "borrowed" property was there. He figured he could help Maja on the way. "Did Kadin ever mention anything important to him in the slums, Maja?"

"Yeah, we both work as mercenaries, have the same boss n'everything, though I wouldn't say we're really up to much," he shrugged. "Just uh, 'found it' laying around, if you catch my drift. Not my style of fightin' though, the poison and all, so no sense keepin' it around. Only a hundred-fifty, huh?" he trailed off. "You know, I wouldn't mind talking a fine woman like you out to dinner, though I fear I'd get the local men a bit jealous," he said, grinning. "Man," he sighed, "sometimes being a mercenary is such a drag. You meet a pretty girl, and the next day all you can do is dream about her..." He trailed off once more, making eye contact with Alicia as he did so. He was hoping he'd be able to judge her reaction, but other than that, she had nice eyes, so it was worth doing anyhow. "Anyway, about the lance. Can we do, say, two-hundred?" he asked, innocently.

Ferdinand nodded at Angus' reply before waiting for him to make his order. Then Ferdinand made his. " I just bought this axe, but its a little heavy for me and I'd like a sharper edge. That shouldn't be hard, right?

Then he noticed another centaur enter the forgery. He made a mental note of her. Hmmmm, seems pretty short for a centaur. No matter, just as long as I don't stare.

"...No, I don't think so. I wanted to help Kadin find out about his past, but he's been... a bit more distant lately... Maybe... Maybe it has to do with how we've come to Felson." Maja speculated. "I think he's been this way since we were on the road, now that I think of it..."

Sonia continued her tour of the upper ring, coming across a theater. The sight brought back pleasant memories, especially after so long on the road... Even if the one here was so much nicer than those she visited in the past. Might as well see what's popular these days, she thought as she hid among a nearby crowd, waiting for a chance to get in unseen.

Snore

And then Makin was asleep, breathing lightly on the couch, looking rather peaceful for once that day. Sara sighed a long, groaning sigh. "Oh well... I'm not moving her. Maybe one of her mercenaries will come along and convince her to move, or something. I don't know..." Sara didn't want to deal with the snake woman sleeping on her couches, or the drunkard sleeping on her floor. I sure wish that Raith fellow would come back. He seemed reliable. Maybe he'd be strong enough to drag the drunkard out of the inn, or something... "Oh... I have to at least try." She hopped out from behind the counter, and started trying to drag the inebriated man outside. "Why...are...you...so... So, heavy...!" She finally made it, leaving him against the wall outside, returning to her post at the counter and wiping the sweat off of her brow. "Well! That's enough for today. Not even going to try and move all that snake, especially not upstairs..."

Lucky

Edward shrunk a bit, before hopping out and smiling. "Well... You two've been nice to me, and you didn't kill anyone earlier, even when you were attacked. I didn't want to do nothin'..." He remained quiet as he walked along with everyone else.

Valha's affectionate action felt a bit misplaced next to her explanation of him being lucky against her sister. He figured he had been, but it felt incorrectly juxtaposed. At least he appreciated the gesture, and the thank you, as much as it wasn't needed. "I don't care if it's family, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you until they go through me. You can handle yourself, but... I'll try to handle things with you. I'll be lucky as much as I need, you know." He tried to smile, the pain in his chest stopping it from going all the way. Maybe it was a good thing that he couldn't speak all that much, because he was certainly doing a lot of listening. A lot of listening that made him feel sorry for both his harpy companions. I should really talk with Lanos at some point. Maybe show him around Felson, let him enjoy himself. Give him some... Proper, good memories of the place.

"It's not a very pleasant story," he managed. "I'm sorry I couldn't have met you sooner. Makin and Gerrod and the rest were actually here, only a few months before I joined them. I realize you were just a teen back then, but I wasn't much older. Maybe I could've, I don't know... Done anything." He laughed slightly, enough to not hurt himself. "I realize this talk is unrealistic. There's optimism and then there's this. Just...glad I'm around now, I suppose."

"We're here," Kurtis interjected, showing them to a circular area, with some make shift huts and some slightly better looking housing, with a magical fire burning in the center of it all. "I'll be sitting around the fire. Start your talk when you feel you are ready." Kurtis left, and sat himself down. He appeared pensive. Perhaps he was thinking about what Ingverd had in mind.

Ghost Talk

Vriska didn't interject into ghost talk, as she didn't exactly know how they worked. She was just glad things were turning up millhouse for herself. Maja was carrying her books, she got to hang herself on Lanos' arm, and he'd keep her safe from any nasty thugs that attempted to attack any of them in the slums. He was so big! For a harpy... Which was odd, but, no matter. She finally thought of something she could say about that ghost that wasn't entirely rude. "Well, maybe he just wanted to look around the place... It's not like he can get mugged. Hah."

Flattery Will Get you Almost Nowhere

"Layin' around, huh? Sure." Alicia cocked an eyebrow. And then Raith laid on the flattery, which she'd been expecting from someone today. Someone always tried, so she'd heard everything, at this point. It was still nice to hear, of course. "What a player. Sorry, handsome, but one fifty's the price. I won't say no to dinner, though, haha~" she laughed, and stood herself up, stretching. "It's so tough, standing behind this desk all day. Would love a nice break, to go out and eat something. If you really want to, feel free to come back in a few hours. It's barely past noon, so... Can't leave the store just yet." She picked up the lance again, ready to put it behind the desk. "So, hundred and fifty?"

Burke Breakdown

"Man, all this work. Feels pretty good, even iffin I don't really want t'get started right away. Yeah, no problem. Jus' adjust the weight'n make it a bit heavier on the end of the blade, make it sharper. It'll go through armer easier'n all that. Come back t'morrow, all'o yah-- 'cept you," he said, pointing to the centaur in the back. "Come on over an' tell ol' Burke what you want done. Still got some room in my schedule t'work on another weapon."

Sneakery

Sonia, with all the subtleness she possessed, found her way into the theater extremely easily, find a spot to sit down and enjoy the singing of Felson. A rousing pop musical, played alongside acoustic guitars and flutes. Rather progressive music for the time, many would find. It did leave the crowd feeling rather energized. Perhaps this sort of music would catch on! Of course, it seemed another number was about to begin...

"It's nice to always have people by my side," Valha murmured quietly to the elf, before he talked about the time around when he met Makin and Gerrod. "Don't apologize for stuff that's so completely beyond your control, you doofus... now you are here, and that's what really matters. You always get like this, tryin' to take some sorta responsibility for stuff that you've got nothin' to do with at all. Don't try 'n be a hero without cause all the time, Ingverd. Just do what you can with what you've got. Make the best of what's there, since it'll do you a lot more good than worryin' about everythin' that's already happened. But... it is sweet to know you always care, so..." She stopped herself and him quickly, placing a light kiss on his neck and resuming the walk towards the fire without another word. She smiled cheerily upon reaching. "Just like how it used to be... here was always one of the nicest places to be. Whenever you want to start, then." Valha made her way over to the fire, making sure to indicate a spot next to her for the elf to sit.

Initially, Raith was frowning, but then he cracked a small smile. "Ah well, you can't blame me for trying eh? Part of me thinks I'm givin' up too easily, but," he shrugged, "can't be bothered to do much more. Plus, I get to spend the evening with a wonderful woman, so I suppose it's a fair consolation," he said, leaning on the counter. "One fifty is fine; Anyway, you know of any good places to eat around here? I know I said I'd take you out to dinner, but I can't say I know the area too well."

"Well, I don't know, I think he'd have told us or something..." Maja sighed, taking a moment to think of the possibility. "If he did, then I guess that means what I thought was true, him remembering something about the place. But then... if he doesn't know where we are, it might take a while to find us."

With the impossibility of mugging being brought up, Maja raised one of her previous suspicions. "Well, maybe it's no harm but... I don't know what's down there. Magic can still kinda affect him, so I think something could happen. ...How much do you guys know about there?"

"Yeah, that seems good." He nodded, handing half the cost of the forge to the man. "I'll come pick it up tomorrow morning with the rest of the gold, if that's fine with you?" He didn't really wait too long for a response before making his way out of the shop, uttering a quick: "See you." to Ferdinand as he passed him.

Now that he had that taken care of, he figured that he was free to relax for a little while. He still had the rest of his weapons on him, so he headed back to the inn in order to drop them off. What he found was the woman at the counter looking rather flustered, and the boss sprawled across one of the sofas. Suppressing the need to laugh, he asked: "Hey there. Is something wrong?"

Quincy wandered about the upper quarters for a good thirty minutes, desperately searching for some sort of entertainment that did not seem to be there; his roundabout journey had left him lost, bored, tired, bored, hungry, and bored. Just when he was planning on giving up his search and trekking back towards the inn, he noticed a strange building whose roof was lit with rather eerie torches (there was something off about them, but Quincy couldn't quite tell what it was). Might as well see what's up with this place. What's the worst that can happen? He thought to himself as he opened the doors. As he entered, he could hear numerous weapons clashing and lots of yelling. Just what the heck is up with this place, he thought as he went up to the counter. "So...what's the deal with this place?" He said to the rather grotesque looking man near the counter.

Edited by Refa

Serious Help

Sara sighed, and then Angus came in. Lucky! "Something wrong? There's a snake on my couches! And there's no way I can get her off... You seem kinda strong... D'you think, maybe, you could move her? Get her to wake up and then send her to her room, or something? I just don't really want to have to deal with customers asking questions if they walk in. Please." She batted her eyelashes, which was about the best she could do at the moment. Maybe he'll help. I hope he helps. I'll help if he does! Double team!

Serious Flirting

Well, that was a thing. Ingverd tried his best to not argue with Valha on her point, but turned a rather amusing shade of red when she kissed his neck. Unbreakable, hold it together, holy shit. Ingverd simply laughed a small, "heh," whilst he was near screaming internally. But no matter, what Valha didn't hear, she couldn't tease him about. He sat himself down next to her, controlling the urge to throw an arm around her shoulder. He needed to try and be serious whilst he talked to Kurtis.

"Alright, so... I know this idea might seem stupid, but it could work. You could always... Just take your people and move to Ward. As many of them as would be willing." He looked Kurtis square in the eye as he spoke. "Now, hear me out. I know you'd be abandoning your home, here, and ignoring the whole place. But... Even I'm not optimistic to think things will change soon enough as to get better whilst you live here. You should go somewhere that can take you all, where you can actually live, and enjoy it."

Kurtis took a moment to think. "And what of those that will not leave? And to make it across the plains? What if we ran into one of the less than cooperative groups of centaur?" He brought up his main concerns.

Ingverd took a moment to think up his own rebuttal. "If people won't leave, that's on then. I know that's... That's incredibly harsh," he paused to think carefully before he spoke, "but unless they're sick or crippled, the only thing keeping them here is them. And when they seem that you're packing up to leave, you, their leader, I think they'll change their mind. Any sick or injured, you could take with you, as long as you can get a basic healer along with you. There are plenty in ward that would be willing to help. And I'm sure they'd love the harpies there. The courier services would go a lot quicker with wings." He realized he hadn't answered about the plains, to which he smirked. "Well, you won't have to worry about the Osten for a while, thanks to us. If you leave soon, I think you can make it past before they regroup. How does this all sound?"

Kurtis looked rather surprised, and a bit worried at most of his points. Mostly the first, though the rest made sense. "I shall... I shall think on it. And talk to everyone. But... It is an idea, with some merit. Thank you."

Serious Knowledge

"About the slums?" Vriska knew almost nothing, but she doubted there'd be many magicians hanging around the place. "I don't know. Lanos, you know, right? You've lived here. Tell us, tell us~ How many mages hang around in the slums? I doubt it's many." Vriska had many doubts, and that was definitely one of them.

Serious Sale

Alicia giggled, success, she took the lance and was quite happy with the way things were turning out. "Sure, I know of a few good places. There's a small bistro 'round the corner, makes the best ciabatta bread sandwiches you've ever had. Might be nice. They light little candles on the tables. You come back around the evening and we'll see about working it all out then, alright? Until then, try to enjoy the city!" She laughed, glad that she'd gotten another cheap buy, and a dinner out of this, all with a rather handsome man. Today was pretty great~

Massive Arena

The man looked unamused at Quincy, looking him up and down and then scoffed. "This 'ere's the Arena. Welcome. You lookin' to fight, or to watch? Look like more of a watcher, really..." He laughed fully, standing up at his little counter. "You bet yourself some gold, and you fight against our men. You win, you get more gold. Win it all, we'll get you a prize. Lose at any point... Well, we keep your gold, and you get to leave with your bruises. We'll heal you up between rounds, so you don't need t'worry 'bout that." He was sure that Quincy wouldn't make it past the first round.

Edited by I have opinions

"Hardly anyone in the slums can use magic. And even if they could it's not like they could afford the tomes." Lanos answered, partially to take his mind off the stares Vriska was probably attracting. "The few that can, unless they're one of the doctors, usually try to use it to get into the Upper Rung if they can get their hands on a tome rather than stick around down here. Then again, if anyone arrived after us they could've had the means to capture Kadin and we'd know nothing about them." Lanos sighed and shook his head. Odds were that Kadin had simply wandered off and wanted to be alone. It would be a pain to try and find him considering he could practically turn invisible if he tried. "The best course of action would to just keep a lookout for him as we wander around. If we're lucky we'll see him, otherwise there isn't much we can do."

Edited by Oersted

Valha listened quietly but attentively to Ingverd's proposal for a mass-migration to Ward. Could it really work...? It sounds nice, but there's so many places to go wrong. Felson is probably the biggest city in the world or at least close, 'n Ward is bigger than the normal town, but surely it can't house too many... 'N what if things still go wrong on the plains? It sounds... amazin' but terrifyin' at the same time. She played around with her claws worriedly.

It's still probably easier than tryin' to change things here, though. The nobles talk big, but everyone knows that they don't really care about us. 'N... a lot of people leavin' for a better place might worry them enough to try 'n get their act in gear in case it starts speadin' to the upper quarter. But maybe that's unrealistic, too... She sighed, leaning her head on Ingverd's shoulder. "Your plan sounds really nice, but... if you're done, you should get your chest looked at. Leavin' it alone for too long makes the wound get worse 'n all that, especially from claws." She thought for a moment. "I wonder if Lanos is around here. He should know about this... 'n I hope he's not really mad at me, too."

Angus couldn't hold in his laughter anymore. "Sorry," he said, trying to compose himself. "I had a feeling that had something to do with it. We've been walking across the plains for days, so she's probably just glad to have somewhere comfortable to rest. But no worries, I'll try and get the boss to move. She probably won't be happy with me after this." He laughed again, then set off towards the couch, and weighed up his options a bit. He considered carrying her briefly, but that could be kind of awkward... and he wasn't even sure how heavy she was. He sighed, then raised his voice. "Come on boss, wake up. This isn't the place to be sleeping! What if other people come around soon, they might want to use the couches! You can't just lay here like this!" He was hoping that he wouldn't have to shake her awake, but he wasn't sure how much of a heavy sleeper the boss was - or Nagas in general - but he had to wake her up somehow.

Edited by SB.

"Hullo," Vesta said as she trotted up to the blacksmith. They seemed friendly enough, "How much would it be to sharpen this here axe? I kinda sorta signed up for a crazy adventure in the heart of some awful frozen place and I figure I need this bad boy to be battle ready."

She plopped the axe onto the counter unceremoniously. She really missed Ol' Choppy but she figured this one would have potential once it was well treated. She roused herself from her axe-related thoughts for a moment as she felt a pair of eyes on her. She caught a quick and (she hoped) sneaky glance at another centaur peering at her. "As long as I don't get any more short jokes outta this..." She muttered as she reached in her handy travel sack, searching for her wallet.

Edited by scolipede

"I guess you're right." Maja sighed. "I'll keep an eye out for him, then. As long as something might've happened, and he didn't say anything about it..." Maja showed she wasn't all that convinced he was ok, but she just really wanted to find him and know what was going on.

Quincy shrugged at the man's dismissal of him. It wasn't his style to get all defensive about how good a fighter he was, and he knew there was a lot of room for improvement on that front. "Perhaps I am. Still, I'll never know if I don't try, right? Who's up first?" Quincy said, taking out his axe. Interesting, in all of my travels I've never heard of an arena before. This should be fun, Quincy thought, grinning to himself.

Edited by Refa

"Hmm, that doesn't sound half bad. Alright, I'll see if I can't find my way back here in a couple of hours," he said, taking his gold, and walking out of the store. Hmm, now what? He didn't really feel like going back to the inn, and he especially didn't feel like seeing anyone back at the inn. I think there was a fighting arena here someplace? Throwing a couple punches didn't seem like too bad of an idea, plus he had some pent up frustration he would mind getting rid of. He began to wander around aimlessly, and it wasn't until a few minutes later that he realized he should have asked Alicia for directions, but it was too late for that now, especially considering he didn't even know where Alicia's store was anymore. After a bit of meandering around, he decided to ask some local guy for direction, but apparently, there were actually two arena's in the area, and he didn't specify to the guy which one he was talking about. So he managed to land himself at the other arena, the one that was significantly more brutal. Ah well, I guess it'll serve the same purpose. He stepped inside and walked up to the front desk, behind which was a grizzly man. Well, I guess I can't expect a Sara behind every table. "Hey, I'd like to enter for a fight. How's it work? How much is the entry fee and what have you?"

Couch Trouble

Makin groaned in her half sleep, as Angus attempted to wake her up. She wasn't having any of it. She slid the end of her tail off of the couch, and grabbed him by the ankle, slowly trying to drag him off and away from her so that she could continue to sleep. Or perhaps she was trying to pull him closer so she could strangle the nuisance that was attempting to wake her...

Sara cowered behind the counter again. "Uh, uh, uh, you might want to try shaking her or something! Ohhhhhhh, goodness..." This certainly wasn't going the best.

Sit Near The Fire

Valha leaned her head against his shoulder, and this time, the temptation to wrap his arm around her shoulder was far too prevalent. He casually slipped it around, and pulled her closer, smiling. "I'll be fine. I'll ask someone up town to look at it when I get them to look at my arm, alright? But, I'm glad you've never tried to scratch me like that. It was... Really painful. I think I know how Lanos' enemies feel, now. It's not a good feeling." Speaking of Lanos... "Maybe he decided to visit the slums, as well? If he's around here, we could try to find him for a bit. Kurtis said he needs to think, anyway, so..."

"I do," he said, as he still hadn't moved, which startled Ingverd slightly. "There are a few problems with the idea. Moving the sick and injured, convincing everyone, and whether or not this Ward has enough space for so many, but... I shall discuss it, and think upon it. It is probably the best idea we have had in a while, far better than attempting to change this forsaken city... I give you my leave, then." Kurtis stood, and walked himself off, towards the upper rung.

"Well... I can promise you that Ward has at least the space. It's a city of trees, they can always just build new houses," he called after Kurtis, as the man walked off. Ingverd took his chance to lean his head onto Valha's, softly rubbing her arm with his hand. "Anything you want to go and do? We can come back and talk to him later. I don't actually have anything else I can do down here, right now, so if you don't want to look around for Lanos, we could go back uptown and... Well, enjoy something, maybe. Look at a healer first, but after that..." Ingverd's attempt at asking Valha on a date may have been far too subtle. Far, far too subtle.

No Mages

"So what do you do for healers? Or was that for the magical ones as well?" she quickly asked, pressing herself closer to Lanos' arm. She was curious about a few magical things, but Lanos seemed really focused on Kadin and that predicament. She sighed. "Well, I could try to sense him, or something... I'm rather skilled at magic, and if his spirit is all magical, and the like, I could definitely give it a try. How does that sound, Maja?" She turned her head to look at the girl, not loosening her grip on Lanos in the slightest. She didn't even care about any of the stares. "I'd rather find him sooner than later, so we can go about whatever you wanted to do down here, Lanos."

Little Bit O' Forge

Burke stared wide eyed for a few seconds, settling himself back down to calm and relaxed. "Sounds mighty terrifyin', really. I can make it sharper fer yeah, real sharp. Wouldn't want ye goin' off an' gettin' yourself killed, yeah?" It was simply an iron axe, and that was easy enough for Burke. He'd do about the same as what he was going to do for the other centaur, but he'd make this one just a bit heavier on the down swing. Chop right through whatever was waiting on the tundra. "And, hey, no short jokes 'ere. I don't discriminate on looks, er nothin'. Your gold's good, and your axe is as good as forged. Jus' come back tomorrow'n get it, it'll be nice an' ready. Oh, and leave half the gold'n all."

Fighting Men

The man at the counter laughed, eventually just chuckling. "Alright, half elf! Leave me one hundred gold, and step on through that door to my left. Yer challenge'll start there. Good luck!" He left Quincy to do that, and turned his attention to the other man who had shown up at the counter. He seemed a bit tougher, but still not tough enough. "You lookin' t'get yer ass kicked too? You leave me one hundred gold, and then you walk on it and see if you can stay conscious. We won't let you die, o' course, but if you get yourself knocked out, well... We'll hold onto you until you get yourself awake. But that half elf there, he's goin' in. You can wait until he falls over. Door on the other side, my right, that's fer watchin'. Feel free to watch! It's a lot safer!" He laughed again.

As Quincy stepped into the arena, a small crowd of people both boo'd and cheered for him. His opponent was a fairly buff looking man, swinging around a regular axe. He didn't seem all that special, but at the same time, he didn't seem like just a pushover. Quincy had better stay on his toes!

Edited by I have opinions

"Ha! I'd never hurt someone I like that badly. Besides, I don't think I could do that even if I wanted to... Leiha's way stronger than I am, 'n she doesn't use weapons, so she knows what she's doin' more with her claws in a battle." Valha was a bit surprised when Ingverd pulled her in closer, but didn't make any attempt at resistance, not minding the closeness. "Hmm, maybe he did go here... I could guess at a few places he'd go, but I dunno if it's worth checkin' 'em all individually. Maybe we could look around for just a little, but I don't wanna chase around lookin' for him all day. There's always tomorrow, after all." She hummed softly when he rubbed her arm, nuzzling her head with his once more.

"Enjoy somethin' uptown, huh? I heard there's an arena, but I don't think I'm up for more fightin' after dealin' with Leiha... maybe save that for tomorrow, too. Hmmm, there's also this spa I saw once but I couldn't afford to pay for it at the time. A luxury I couldn't have 'n all that back then, so maybe it'd be nice now that I'm a bit better off than I used to be, yeah? Then later there's a few other places that I saw when I was sneakin' around before... big restaurants, a theatre, maybe even a gamblin' place if I'm feelin' really lucky." She mused over her options silently. "Maybe I could go to the spa while you go get your arm and chest looked at, 'n we could meet later to eat or somethin' if we feel up to it. How's that sound?"

Lanos was almost certain Vriska was messing with him at this point. That, or she was very attached to him, in more ways than one. "W-well, like I said there are a few doctors who live down here. One or two, if any of them actually stay down here, might know some healing magic but they all mostly rely on herbs they can get from the plains. They don't get paid much but they still do it. They're one of the things that show that the slums aren't all bad." Lanos listened as Vriska offered to try and sense Kadin. He really hoped Maja said yes since that was probably their only hope of finding him without absurd amounts of luck. "It's no rush, I just want to check for something in one of my old spots to see if what I forgot is still there; I'd like to return them if they are even if it''s been three years. After that I just walk around a bit." He wasn't going to tell her that he intended to visit what he considered his mother's grave.

Well I wasn't about to make a joke at all! No matter, I'll just leave half the gold here and be on my way... oh but this Centaur said she's on a trip to some frozen place? I wonder why...

" Alright, here's half the payment for now." Ferdinand told Burke, handing out 98 pieces of gold to him. Then he turned to the female Centaur and asked, " Frozen place, you say? Could you be speaking of Chell Tundra?"

Edited by Bluedoom