QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7th Dragon translation patch! I came and was pleased with what they were offering (an Etrian Odyssey retranslation with harder difficulty), downloaded the patch, and found something even greater (7th Dragon translation patch). Either way, it was a win-win situation for me.

7th Dragon translation patch! I came and was pleased with what they were offering (an Etrian Odyssey retranslation with harder difficulty), downloaded the patch, and found something even greater (7th Dragon translation patch). Either way, it was a win-win situation for me.

WOW! I'm gonna search for it now!

this is also a requested one and it's a good one

Question 246. Who is your favourite supervillain, and why?

Loki. Amazing dynamic with the superhero he antagonizes the most, and as the god of chaos and a trickster a good writer can do really fun things with him. Just last issue on Agent of Asgard Loki pulled out a bazooka in ancient Asgard and that was absolute gold.

But his dynamic with Thor is what really sells me the character, both in the movies and the comics.

If it's strictly comic book villains, then my favourite would be the Joker, the mad clown of many crazy personalities. He's such a flexible villain for writers, as he can range from a classic evil villain with a clown motif, to a crazy psychopathic genius. It also helps that the killer clown was a great concept for a villain at the time, although overused nowadays. Loki's pretty cool too.

I like a lot of Disney villains too. Shere Khan being my favourite.

My Dungeons and Dragons characters, though I will admit that each party I play, my characters steadily go toward more good. Perpahs because I was 14 when I started the game.

Me

:):

My answer is also this painfully obvious. Yes. I love a good supervillain who has a sense of humor and powers as the plot demands. (and sometimes swings back around to Anti-Hero.)

Casanova Frankenstein. I mean who else has the sheer charisma to get the thugs, frat boys, mobsters, evil stripper ladies and pretty much every other gang archetype (INCLUDING Eddie Izzard and his disco boys) under the same roof, united in taking over the city!?

Also, he's one of the few dudes to ever actually KILL the city's superhero (albeit with some help, but still >>).

EDIT: After reviewing my choice of favorite super-villain, I would like to change it to just Geoffrey Rush himself:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001691/

Edited by jiodi

DOCTOR DOOM

He is very GRAND, and carries himself with great HONOUR and DIGNITY. Fitting, for a regal ruler such as him. He is a SUPER GENIUS who can cripple cosmic entities using just SCIENCE. And because he rules Latveria, he has diplomatic immunity, which is a rare and cool trait for a supervillain. His suit of armour is pretty damn rad too, and then his rivalry with Reed...oh yes.

Also, his name is Doctor Doom. How can he not be the best?

Second to him is MAGNETO, also an excellent supervillain. I like the irony of him being a Holocaust survivor, but he wants to pretty much re-enact the Holocaust with non-mutants, but that's just a single facet of him that I like.

Honourable mentions go to: like every Spider-Man villain (especially KRAVEN THE HUNTER). And I guess every Batman villain too.

DOCTOR DOOM

He is very GRAND, and carries himself with great HONOUR and DIGNITY. Fitting, for a regal ruler such as him. He is a SUPER GENIUS who can cripple cosmic entities using just SCIENCE. And because he rules Latveria, he has diplomatic immunity, which is a rare and cool trait for a supervillain. His suit of armour is pretty damn rad too, and then his rivalry with Reed...oh yes.

Also, his name is Doctor Doom. How can he not be the best?

Second to him is MAGNETO, also an excellent supervillain. I like the irony of him being a Holocaust survivor, but he wants to pretty much re-enact the Holocaust with non-mutants, but that's just a single facet of him that I like.

Honourable mentions go to: like every Spider-Man villain (especially KRAVEN THE HUNTER). And I guess every Batman villain too.

Nightmare said it best! I also like that he's very fun to use in UMVC3

Honourable mentions: Joker, And Magneto

Yeah, I've been trying to think of a way to express the extent to which Doctor Doom is the total package supervillain in terms of flavor, power level and character, but I think I'll just leave it at EMPHATICALLY COSIGNING Nightmarre

this is also a requested one and it's a good one

Question 246. Who is your favourite supervillain, and why?

Ra's al Ghul. As sane and driven as Batman, he represented a perfect counter to Batman's idealistic philosophy. His complexity and elegance as a character has stuck with me since I first learned about him.