QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

I guess I'll go with Das Boot because that was apparently based on a book...for all I know the book is way better though. LotR is also way up there. I'm not too well-watched/read on my movie to book adaptations to be honest.

I like Nobody's question so we should do that, but I also want to recommend "most desired book to turn into a movie."

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawshank Redemption for extremely good adaptation.

LotR was solid and very fun and cool and stuff.

I can't even really think of anything for this, so I'll just go with LotR I guess.

Decidedly not this.

Lord of the Rings, hands down.

A different beast, but a very, very good one.

??

??

Wasn't that for worst adaptation?

Oh.

Reverse my answers for the first two posts. My bad.

Edited by Makaze

Lord of the Rings here, too. As others have said, they did skip over a few parts, but they were still very solid films. It's pretty much the reverse of The Hobbit in that, The Hobbit made up events to try to fill a trilogy, while in LotR, they couldn't fit it all in a trilogy.

... are there any good ones though?

but yeah okay

The first Mortal Kombat was great. The first Tomb Raider was pretty good. I thought Prince of Persia was pretty entertaining. And the Max Payne one at least put some effort in.

I guess I'll go with Das Boot because that was apparently based on a book...for all I know the book is way better though. LotR is also way up there. I'm not too well-watched/read on my movie to book adaptations to be honest.

I like Nobody's question so we should do that, but I also want to recommend "most desired book to turn into a movie."

I've never seen the film. We have it so I probably should do. The book is so so amazing though I have literally never gotten a greater sense of tension from words on a page.

Suggestion noted.

awesome, suggestions for the next five days, which is more like six days knowing my update schedule, I don't have to think for like a week

Lord of the Rings here, too. As others have said, they did skip over a few parts, but they were still very solid films. It's pretty much the reverse of The Hobbit in that, The Hobbit made up events to try to fill a trilogy, while in LotR, they couldn't fit it all in a trilogy.

Indeed indeed! They were really really good :) I don't know if anyone else has addressed this yet, but I thought the Hunger Games movies were pretty good summaries of the books. They weren't anything I didn't expect from reading the books, although that might be construed as a bad thing...

Hmmm. . .I'm tempted to put down the Twilight series, for being just as awful as the books, but I don't think that's the point of the question. LotR made a nice movie, but something in the back of my mind tells me it wasn't the best. I have to do other stuff, so I'll get to this question. . .someday.

Mortal Kombat, hands down. It took a very mediocre game and made it into something absolutely respectable and great. I haven't seen the Doom film, but Integrity swears by it, so that must be something.

That Ace Attorney film we all watched was pretty decent as well.

Edited by Nightmare

I-I'm trying to think of a game-to-film I've even seen that I remember well enough to make any call on

I'M BLANKING

I don't think I've ever watched a movie that's an adaptation of a game.

Another good book-film adaptation though is The Princess Bride, imo.

Question 253. What is the best game-to-film adaptation you've ever seen?

Super Mario Bros. loool Well i actually do love this movie without irony but its not the best game-to-film one ive seen.

Im going with that Prince of Persia film. Just about every game-to-film ive seen is pretty gnarly but that one was entertaining.

Runner up goes to Mortal Kombat

I don't think I've seen any actual game-to-films.

However, I do appreciate the works of people who put Assassin's Creed cutscenes (and some amount of gameplay for cohesion) together into 3 hour long movies because I can't afford those games any time close to launch and I want to know what happened in the story.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I don't think I've seen any actual game-to-films.

However, I do appreciate the works of people who put Assassin's Creed cutscenes (and some amount of gameplay for cohesion) together into 3 hour long movies because I can't afford those games any time close to launch and I want to know what happened in the story.

^This