QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

It was systematically impregnated against its will so that it would be pregnant its entire life. It was kept in a space it could barely move in with practically no exercise. Its children were taken away from it at birth and intentionally malnourished until they were killed to create the tender meat we call veal. The females were doomed to the same fate as their mothers.

I'd rather the animals be killed straight out.

fine you massive dope replace 'milk cow' with 'free-range chicken eggs'

and if you try to tell me the eggs my sister gets from her chickens are the product of any sort of abuse i'm suspending you

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you try to tell me the eggs my sister gets from her chickens are the product of any sort of abuse i'm suspending you

I have not met a vegan who objected to such eggs, on a principled basis. No real point there, just a tidbit.

my neighbor gets fresh eggs from her chickens and those chickens are well cared for. The eggs are gr9 too. Fresh eggs for the win.

I've read a story where a kitten almost died because its owners were feeding it a vegetarian diet.

Human children have died because of this. It was death due to starvation and malnutrition, but the parents happened to be vegan.

There are crazies who don't know anything about eating healthy in every group.

There are crazies who don't know anything about eating healthy in every group.

The sad part is that this probably includes a few health nuts.

Edited by SeverIan

I've read a story where a kitten almost died because its owners were feeding it a vegetarian diet.

I've heard of a baby who died because his vegan parents didn't want to give him breast milk

yeah.

Of course, those people are crazy, the average vegan/vegetarian person isn't like this.

Vegan pet food? Who would do that to their beasts? Unlike humans, cat and dog beasts cannot survive without meat products in their food. Wowowow thats freaking inhumane making your pet go vegan. D:

As for the question, i could probably go vegetarian maybe. (i love bacon a lot...) But i could never go vegan. I need fish in my diet. I need chicken and other types of stuff like that. I couldnt be vegan. I could, however, totally stop eating beef and if i wanted red meat, go with game meats. (mmmm venison...)

Vegetarian = no meat.

Vegan = no animal products.

What you described is no red meat, a.k.a. "I'm watching my cholesterol". :P:

(in other words, what my mom is doing)

if you refuse to feed your carnivorous pet meat aka all they can eat you deserve maiming

How 'bout "no more pets for you, ever?"

As for me. . .fuck that. My diet is already involuntarily restricted, with "beans" being on the list of things I can't have. I'd starve if I went vegetarian.

No way I would become vegetarian, I like meat alot.

And being vegan is a no-go... I love milk so much that I would probably commit suicide if I couldn't drink it anymore. (I also love milk-derived products like cheese or yogurt)

if you refuse to feed your carnivorous pet meat aka all they can eat you deserve maiming

They deserve to be eaten by their pets... Nature is, eat or be eaten.

Edited by Naughx

But, like, dude, man, we should be, like, teaching our pets to be more civilized like us humans, man. I only feed my dog vegetables that fell off their vines from my garden i fertilize using our collective poo.

Edited by jiodi

But, like, dude, man, we should be, like, teaching our pets to be more civilized like us humans, man. I only feed my dog vegetables that fell off their vines from my garden i fertilize using our collective poo.

can i poop in your garden too

Even though I love meat, I absolutely could, if only because I know how utterly fucked-up the American meat industry is. I'm actually sort of considering it for that very reason.

Though really, I'd rather just avoid meat from the supermarket and fast food places or whatever, and just eat meat from sources I know are humanely-raised. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Edited by BANRYU

Question 287. If you had to eat just one thing for a week, what would it be?

Obviously in the sense of 'eating pasta for a week' not like 'you get one meal and have to not starve the other six days'

Tough question. As fun as it would be to say something I love eating like pizza or ice cream or creme brulee or something else, I'll probably say chicken because there are a lot of different ways to make it so that it would not get tiring for a week.