QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

pokemon cards of course. it was such a huge thing back then. everyone had pokemon cards in my school but only a few had the charizard card. yugioh aswell but that wasn't as popular

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played YGO. I was quite a good player since i spent TONS of times messing with old, terrible cards and trying to make something out of those, to the point that most of my friends really liked to see my semi budget decks in play(I sided in 2 - 3 copy of Giant Rat and run in in a Six Sam match up in my Terrible Karakuri Poop deck, and it worked). Was quite a decent CB(half counterfeit deck with an extremely questionable build, like Barbaros as a follow up to Crystal Beacon0 and X Saber(generic build, played with a copy card) player as well.

after that i played Vanguard and still does. I am actually going to buy BT16 Ver.E together with my friends sometimes close. Played a Sweep Command Dragon deck with a budget-ish build. And my luck with the game is terrible. i once started a game with G1 - 3 and then draws all my heal trigger for the next 4 turns. Perhaps the only TCG where I attempted to make an actual playable deck because.... its cheap. like ygo have that card that you need three copy in a deck that costs like.... one million per copy. The strongest cards in vanguard, such as Cocroach(during his heyday), EDD, or Perfect Guards costs like 250 thousand a pop.

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, though I never actually learned how to play Pokemon, I just liked the card designs and attack moves. My brother and I still play Yu-Gi-Oh on occasion, usually if we find our cards that are around the house and I still buy them occasionally. My friend got me to play Magic The Gathering with him a couple times recently, though I'm not really "into" it.

Collected Pokemon cards, collected and played YGO, laughed at / ignored my brother's Bakugan, and then recently got into MTG.

Wow, mine's almost exactly like that except excluding the last, I collected and played pokemon, I think I collected a few digimon cards and I collected+played a few of duel masters (although I think I remember not really understanding that one very well ^o^)

Me and my older brother would play together a lot~

Pokemon of course.

Our primary school was quite small, a class for each year and no more than about 25 in each class. Only a couple of people in the shole school had the Charizard card. Trade bids could go anything between 3 to 5 shinies, or even more, for just one Charizard. Also one guy came in and he had a shiny Hitmonlee. People were going apeshit for it, but he wouldn't trade it at all.

Also the first 2 booster packs I bought, shiny Ninetails in each. Still got the first one amongst my collection.

I collected bootleg Pokemon and Digimon cards (mostly Digimon) but never actually played with them. I also have a ton of MtG cards that I never played with.

Otherwise, I've only really played SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS, which isn't really TCG in the physical form but...just against the CPU, though. I don't think it would be terribly fun to play in multiplayer because it's way too simple and it's way too easy to break the game.

Edited by Nightmare

Also the first 2 booster packs I bought, shiny Ninetails in each. Still got the first one amongst my collection.

Oooooh I had one pretty holographic Ninetales card but I don't remember where I left it and that makes me pretty sad ;u; It was a Ninetales in its most typically seen pose (sitting down with its head tilted sideways :msug:ly) with a blue flamey background

Siiiiigh and I had one or two cute Vulpix cards as well and of course idk where those are either~

Uguuuuu and I had a Dark Flareooooon and a Flareoooooon and a Light Dragonaaaaiiiiiir (that one looks so pretty)

Uguuuuuuuuuu they're all still somewhere in this house I'm sure but idk wheeeeeere ;u;

man this is making me miss collecting pokemon cards

money drain aside it was so much fun opening packs and seeing what was insiiiide ;__;

yesterday's question:

60-70F (~15-20C), either fairly clear but not like super sunny or overcast is fine, anything that isn't gonna give me a second shower when I get home

today:

none

Edited by Thor Odinson

I still play YuGiOh regularly, although when I was told that a beat up and crumpled and shitty condition common could still cost $15 it made me stop and think maybe this game is stupid, and the general power creep is getting rather stupid, with new expensive staples coming out every set, I ALMOST want to give up and start playing Pokemon.

Yeah I'd have to rebuild my deck every year but I'd have to for YuGiOh as well.

They take over social spheres until anyone who doesn't want to play them gets cast out on their own. A menace to friendships everywhere.

OH I also played the GBA Dungeon Dice Monsters which totally counts despite being neither cards nor collectable nor tradable.

pkmn i still have my binder of cards

YEAH

I think the only thing I remember in mine is a foil original Charizard that I traded my Dark Charizard for

also an Ancient Mew

there are some ~cool things~ in it but I don't remember them

I used to play Yugioh with my older brother. I had incredible luck with those card packs and would often get really cool holographic cards. Thing is, I was a doofus who sucked at the game and the older kids would often duel me for "keepsakes" and then I lost all my cards and the will to play the game again.

SO TRAGIC but that's ok.