QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

I live in Canada, it's pretty much a given that you've seen a hockey game at some point in your life.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the Sydney Derby's so far, a few NRL games (DOGGIES), UFC 200 and caught a NHL game when i visiting the US, Rangers vs either Bruins or Penguins, I forget.

Oh and the greatest moment I've ever witnessed was when Carter dunked on Frederic Weis in the 2000 Olympics, to this day he's the only player I follow, still have my Raptors jersey.

I have seen a couple of 'murican football games at high school and went to some sports games that my younger brother plays in.

Basically this, though I've been to one College Football game in Illinois, though it was a freaking long time ago

I've seen a few Indianapolis Colts games (american football), some Indianapolis Indians games (minor league baseball), especially this year since my brothers could go in for cheaper, and some Seattle Mariners (major league baseball) games when I visited and/or lived in Washington. But when I lived there was sooooooooo long ago, I only remember us seeing one when we were passing through. Edited by Freohr Datia

I've been to a couple Leafs games (both of which went into OT), a few Marlies games, and a couple of Jays games (including one way back in the days of A-Rod being a Ranger).

I've seen two football matches my hometown were in, but that's pretty much it. I much prefer to play rather than watch.

Question 312. Have you ever seen a sports game live at the event?

Two rugby games involving Manly Sea Eagles (then Northern Eagles I'm pretty sure and at a different stadium) and one Sydney/Central Coast A-League match early on in the tournament's history. At the Central Coast end. All matches with my paternal grandfather.

Will almost definitely add to this tally during the Asian Cup.

yeah, i go watch union play whenever i can

Yep. Been to many games at Fenway and Yankee Stadium. Been to one game at TD Garden to see the Bruins lose to the Hurricane. Been to lots of races at Lime Rock Park when I was younger. Never been to a live basketball, football, or soccer game though. Also been to many kids leagues/school related games for siblings/cousins/friends.

Edited by Belisarius

Seen a handful of Orioles, Nationals, and Redskins games (Baltimore/D.C. baseball and D.C. handegg), also a (intl) football game with my sister way back when, which unfortunately the only thing I remember about was that it was raining like fuck and, at the time, not entertaining enough for the both of us to sit through unprepared (weak I am, I know)

In the most recent of the Redskins (lodging in here an "ugh not a fan of still having that name," with my apologies) games I saw, I remember that one of the guys directly in front of us kept cheering, "come on, Grossman, feed the baby!" "Feed the baby, Grossman!" near the beginning of the game, which to this day I have not fully translated.

They lost the game, so I suppose I can only take it that the baby was not fed

Edited by Rehab

My father took our family to a few professional wrestling events when I was still a little boy. My stepfather also took my mother and I to a football game once, but I didn't particularly care for that.

Never.

I could have watched one of the games of this world cup, since my city was one of the host cities, but i didn't.

Edited by Nobody