QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

Are we trying to solve a math equation, or trying to get someone else to do it for us? Each has its place and time.

(in other words, depends on what I need to do)

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who is not charismatic, I can safely say "yes".

SEE I AM IMPLYING THAT I AM INTELLIGENT TOTALLY SNUCK THAT PAST EVERYONE

I'm thinking charisma... Because I think your strong intelligence probably won't get you as far if people aren't willing to follow or listen to you? With the strong charisma people are willing follow you further than people who don't have that ability

I'm not fully sure it really works like that all the time, I feel like what if many of the really famous scientists with their famous discoveries weren't very strong charismatically yet still changed the world views of science in the end? I mean some of them didn't get famous until after they died but it still worked out eventually, right? ;u; Though I guess I dunno how that effects the importance in my eyes

Siiiiigh there was something else I was going to say then forgooooot

Edited by Freohr Datia

intelligence. these questions have been sucking quite recently

We're a social species. Having intelligence is useful, but being liked by others is necessary.

thats a load of bullshit

thats a load of bullshit

It's really not bullshit at all. Obviously intelligence should be valued above charisma, but human history has shown that charisma is a very powerful force.

I wonder if I try to convince myself that intelligence is more important than charisma because I'm not charismatic. But I'm not particularly intelligent either.

I'd say charisma is more important.

Edited by Tryhard

Intelligence.

Humans are irrational; hence being liked by others is likely to be irrational (since it is a direct cause of others' actions). Being charismatic for one group of people may not hold for others.

Also because I dislike people.

I think inherently intelligence is a flawed concept but I answered anyway

Charisma is far more important in most cases at the individual level (what good is charisma otherwise?) that aren't telling yourself you're a better person than others cuz ur smarter

I asked privately for some context in a particularly obnoxious way but not that it matters. The implication seems to be "what gets you farther in life." The answer is obvious.

Edited by fuccboi

is there intelligence in being charismatic or is intelligence a form of charisma

Defeatist elitist says he considers charisma a subset of intelligence and I'm sort of inclined to agree if using the term is necessary

Edited by fuccboi

yeah intelligence.

seriously, how is this even a debate?

you can get anywhere by being good with people. shit, you can get to be the ruler of a nation by just being really good with people. you don't even have to be able to do your job well if you can talk your way through it.

you're right, this shouldn't even be a debate.

I think inherently intelligence is a flawed concept but I answered anyway

what do you mean?

charisma gives you that extra push, intelligence gets you to where you feel you need to go faster. or, actually, more or less you feel that you know how to get somewhere faster.

you need both. the question, as it's stated right now, is a very poor one. but i also don't think a person needs to be extraordinarily charismatic or intelligent to make it to pretty good places in life, either. so i'm not suggesting that we need geniuses that have the likability of leaders like jfk or teddy roosevelt, just that having a little of both is necessary.

Edited by Phoenix Wright