QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very important! I hope it'll happen before I'm 30...*sigh* Though swamped as I am with university work and eventually some kind of graduate work, I can't even imagine having time for a serious relationship right now. It'll have to wait till I'm mostly done with school, unless it's with someone in the same field as me.

Not sure.

Worried I'd be a shit (long-term) SO

Dunno what I think about its cultural/social significance

Kiiiiinda would rather not shell out much for a wedding

But love is cool, and I think loving somebody enough to want to be with them all the time (or at least enough to live with them and support each other) is cool

But then marriage as a whole is more complicated than just that

Not sure.

Worried I'd be a shit (long-term) SO

Dunno what I think about its cultural/social significance

Kiiiiinda would rather not shell out much for a wedding

But love is cool, and I think loving somebody enough to want to be with them all the time (or at least enough to live with them and support each other) is cool

But then marriage as a whole is more complicated than just that

Basically this for me.

Very important! I hope it'll happen before I'm 30...*sigh* Though swamped as I am with university work and eventually some kind of graduate work, I can't even imagine having time for a serious relationship right now. It'll have to wait till I'm mostly done with school, unless it's with someone in the same field as me.

My sentiments and situation are similar to yours, except that I am already preoccupied with grad school, and for me, I hope I'll get married before I'm 40.

I have a Facebook, I've actually been utilizing it recently, until then I used to just use it to look at funny pages.

I think I made a Twitter but then deleted it cause I never used it once.

Edited by Knight

Ive got a facebook. One of my friends recently got sacked from his job and is using facebook more and i want to apply very blunt objects to his dome for it. A lot of wallowing and its fucking irritating. Its like "bruh hurry up and get a new job and get off fucking facebook before you embarrass yourself!"

I had a myspace way back when. That was annoying lol.

I got a Tumblr cuz i need a place to be absolutely random. Forgive me, followers.

6+ years of this place

I made a facebook account since my mom really wanted me to make one and that didn't last long, all I ever really did there was play games... ^o^

I made a twitter to keep up with my favouritestestest bands and some people I liked but I don't use it anymore

I very very recently joined tumblr and I pretty much just use that to look at pretty lolita clothing ^o^

And I use youtube constantly

Didn't this already get asked?

Social media in nearly all its forms is a source of infinite hugboxing and view polarization. It creates an illusion of a world where almost everyone agrees with you. It's also ugly.

Edited by Makaze

I use them to talk to friends. Barely, at that, as I like to talk to my friends in person, rather than behind a keyboard. I dunno, something about just... not being able to see them when I talk to them bothers me? Not much outside of that.

I used to be on Facebook. All I did was spam the feed with links to super edgy metal songs everyone was just dying to hear.

Although I don't tweet, I follow some sports analysts on Twitter to get info about basketball and such, but I don't check it much.

Didn't this already get asked?

Social media in nearly all its forms is a source of infinite hugboxing and view polarization. It creates an illusion of a world where almost everyone agrees with you. It's also ugly.

I disagree about the hugboxing and near-universal agreement. I generally lack a well-defined perspective on many things, but I only have about 30 facebook friends right now and I see plenty of disagreements on politics, video games, and even slice-of-life stuff (for instance, I saw an argument just recently about whether streetlights in suburbs are useful or aggravating). On my old account, which I deleted a couple years ago, I think I had over 200 friends and I saw plenty of disagreements then, too. I have seen some incidents that (apparently) lead to unfriending, however.

That being said, I think one of the great things facebook does is create a good environment for keeping track of your friends, assuming you want to. Setting up events on facebook isn't a bad way to make information accessible to the people you want to see.

I can't really speak to facebook's "beauty." I guess I would agree there are annoying things about the interface.