QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

It's an ending where the protagonist(s) are up against seemingly impossible odds, or some other unfavorable circumstance.

as in, are up against impossible odds, and then the screen goes dark?

or do they win, first?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the story. the ending has to suit the story itself. 2 examples for films would The Good the Bad and the Ugly and the movie Brazil. Both have brilliant endings that are nothing like each other but it suits the film.

I like happy endings, especially if it's a surprisingly happy ending or the characters have been through enough shit to deserve one, it feels nice ya know?

I don't really have a disliked ending, at least with tone, I'll accept any ending as long as it isn't rushed or a Deus Ex Machina.

As long as the ending makes sense within the context of the story and doesn't leave too many loose ends, I'm pretty much cool with any style of ending.

as in, are up against impossible odds, and then the screen goes dark?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, how careless.

Except in the case of Crisis Core and something else I know I'm not thinking of.

The ending to the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime blows.

can i make a QOTD suggestion?

i've got 2

How many unread messages have you got in your email inbox?

What's your favourite flashback in tv/film?

Edited by Aizenberg

As long as the ending makes sense within the context of the story and doesn't leave too many loose ends, I'm pretty much cool with any style of ending.

Reading my mind is a bannable offense :P:

Whatever makes sense for the situation at hand

Preferably if my favorite character DOESN'T get killed for once though

Tbh I often like it if my favorite characters die, if the death was cool. I've even been disappointed when characters seem to die, but then turn out to have survived.

I mean, I'm not saying they have to die...

I tend to prefer a bittersweet ending to a really good story.

I just realized that your profile pic is not mr. krabs with 2 santa hats on his eyes and I dont know why I thought that

Tbh I often like it if my favorite characters die, if the death was cool. I've even been disappointed when characters seem to die, but then turn out to have survived.

I mean, I'm not saying they have to die...

Well if some of them die it's not that big of a deal but it's like

The only living top fav of mine is Thor and that's because he's 1) a comic book character not named Uncle Ben or Batman's parents and 2) an immortal god who can make even easier comebacks from being dead than other comic book characters

all others died

I just realized that your profile pic is not mr. krabs with 2 santa hats on his eyes and I dont know why I thought that

holy shit

^

ASOIAF is sure to have one controversial ending. There are peeps not making it out of that series alive. Im resigned to that fact. But if Brienne or Arya or Sansa die, i riot. Those three deserve a happy ending dammit.

If he's truly immortal, then the bolded part makes no logical sense.

do you always have to pick on everything someone says

go read some marvel and you'll get it

The dude can't die by old age, but anyone can die if they are killed except when thor's killed he's not really killed like somebody touched Mjolnir (okay it was Don Blake) but he just came back like BAM

Actually at least 2 of Thor's revives involve someone touching Mjolnir

Edited by Thor Odinson

I was only asking, sheesh! Also, I don't always pick on what other people say. I was just curious that's all.

I see no question mark in that statement.

Edited by Thor Odinson