QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really just all gonna sit here and forget the fact that Super Mario Bros. was a thing?

For the love of God yes please.

The Super Mario Bros. movie was bad enough that even Bob Hoskins hated it.

With that said, I would say Street Fighter is the worst.

you rule

Fun fact: Dad was the one that introduced me to the DOOM series on computer, and I first saw the movie with him on Father's Day. It was awesome~!

I personally would like to see an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.

I am quite surprised there has never ever ever been one.

Mortal Engines, read those books when I was a teenager, and they've been talking about a movie, but never do.

I would totally watch a terrible, terrible Football Manager film.
Player salaries and transfer window so hype.
Edited by Tryhard

Snatcher would be the best. I mean, it already took some inspiration from Blade Runner, so why not go full circle? Seems like it'd be relatively easy to adapt to a movie (compared to other games) without losing much of what made it so cool to begin with.

Also Shadow of the Colossus. Honestly, it really doesn't seem like it'd adapt too well into the movie format...but like after I heard about how the movie was in works (dunno if it's still being made or if it got cancelled or what's the status on it, which is why I put it here as an honorable mention) I was very interested in seeing how they'd make it possible.

Snatcher would be the best. I mean, it already took some inspiration from Blade Runner, so why not go full circle? Seems like it'd be relatively easy to adapt to a movie (compared to other games) without losing much of what made it so cool to begin with.

Also Shadow of the Colossus. Honestly, it really doesn't seem like it'd adapt too well into the movie format...but like after I heard about how the movie was in works (dunno if it's still being made or if it got cancelled or what's the status on it, which is why I put it here as an honorable mention) I was very interested in seeing how they'd make it possible.

relevant

seems to still be alive

Question 255. What do you most want to see a film adaptation made of?

Hmm...Elric of Melniborne series would be pretty wiggy.

Metroid.

With Katheryn Winnick as Samus.

Thor: God of Thunder issues 1-11

why have a movie with one thor in it when you can have three

Thor films with an R rating would be so bomb. Yes please.

Also i know Miyazaki is basically retired now, but a Studio Ghibli adaptation of Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series is something ive wanted for like a decade.

I'd really love to see a Contra movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

Or a Punisher movie based on the 2004 series by Garth Ennis starring Stallone.

Edited by Kevin Sorbo

I'd really love to see a Contra movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

YES

I'd also really love an F-Zero movie. It's all I could think about when watching the Speed Racer movie (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

Metroid would be an awesome (or absolutely terrible) movie, same with Zelda. I wish there was an adaptation of the Alex Rider series that was really good, perhaps animated so the actor can't age out of the role and the entire series could be covered. Those were my favourite books as a kid.

Edited by Knight

I'd also like a Metroid movie if it was done right.

I could get behind that, yeah.

Uhh, there was something I was reading the other day that I thought might make a good movie (series)... Can't quite recall what, I want to say E.E. Knight's Age of Fire?

When I was younger I wanted a (good) Eragon adaptation. The books are really nothing too terribly special, but they could make a fun dumb little series of fantasy/action/adventure films if done right (IE: NOT the one they made).

Edited by BANRYU