QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

You really could've put that into the title though

Not everyone's gonna backlog and wife is a fair answer if all they read was the title of favourite person

Or did you not say anything about my wife just 'cuz you know her

you said an actual public figure as well

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read the details though and really could've just left it at my wife

But if Chris Hemsworth showed up at my school I will ditch class to get his autograph

Why would he

I don't know

Edited by Thor Odinson

Walt Disney, the biggest influence in story-telling since probably Edgar Allen Poe or perhaps even further back to Shakespeare.

Walt Disney, the biggest influence in story-telling since probably Edgar Allen Poe or perhaps even further back to Shakespeare.

Story telling? I'd say he has more of an impact over the world of animation and kids media, correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the majority of Disney movies simply adaptions?

Story telling? I'd say he has more of an impact over the world of animation and kids media, correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the majority of Disney movies simply adaptions?

The visual aspect of an animated movie helps deliver the narrative, but perhaps I should have said entertainment. Though then I'd have to broad a range of examples to compare him to, best contributor to entertainment since so-and-so wouldn't sound as impressive since the guys who invented movies, television and radio were only a few decades before. Nevertheless, I believe that Disney's career is probably the most influential to the entertainment industry in the past century, that, along with just how cool he was is why he's my #1. I have other favourites, Leo Da Vinci and Tesla come to mind.

As far as them being adaptations go, I think that the adaptaitions are so separate from the original tales that they are their own entity. No one remembers Robin Williams from thousand-year old Arabic tales. Unless that crazy meth addict I met was right and Robin Williams is god.

Edited by Knight

you don't have to invent the stories to be really good at telling them

The visual aspect of an animated movie helps deliver the narrative, but perhaps I should have said entertainment. Though then I'd have to broad a range of examples to compare him to, best contributor to entertainment since so-and-so wouldn't sound as impressive since the guys who invented movies, television and radio were only a few decades before. Nevertheless, I believe that Disney's career is probably the most influential to the entertainment industry in the past century, that, along with just how cool he was is why he's my #1. I have other favourites, Leo Da Vinci and Tesla come to mind.

As far as them being adaptations go, I think that the adaptaitions are so separate from the original tales that they are their own entity. No one remembers Robin Williams from thousand-year old Arabic tales. Unless that crazy meth addict I met was right and Robin Williams is god.

Good Will Hunting

Good Morning, Vietnam

Hook

my dad could supply more (he's a minor fan)

hi my name is parrhesia and i am usually less than punctual at updating threads

Question 259. Who is your favourite historical figure?