The TRUTH behind IP.Chat

Parrhesia

Friends and viewers, I, Parrhesia, intrepid journalist, dared to go behind the scenes today as I sought to uncover the mystery of noted Serenes Forest feature 'IP.Chat'. IP.Chat is a small 'chat room' in which up to twenty users at a time may converse. This might, on the surface of it, seem harmless - this, my friends, was indeed my opinion.

I was wrong.

Wading into the Chat, I appear to have walked into an ongoing debate on whether the amount of clothing worn by a popular anime character, 'Rydia', was too much or too little. This 'Rydia' was according to the chat 'like nine' years old. I made my distress plain.

3d1b9c57913e5e5f289d83c6b4fa5b4b.png

Shortly after this, a new member arrived - Scarlet 'Scarlet' Tempest by name. I warned them away from the chat, noting the toxic nature of the topic at hand - they, however, ignored me, and proceeded heedless of the danger. I was cordially informed that I had missed something referred to only as 'incest chat' - when someone else revealed that they, too, had missed it, they expressed ... disappointment.

As I was attempting to put my emotions into words, somebody made something that could be interpreted either as idle threat or misguided flirtation.

e913012429284a68e626da22a17a5697.png

However, before I was able to ascertain as to the nature of the curious remark, I soon found myself forced out of the chatroom for fear of losing my sanity. It was at the point the phrase 'l0li pr0n' was used that I felt unable to continue.

Make no mistake, ladies and gentlemen, the IPChat is a threat to our liberties, and all things we consider sacred, such as age of consent laws. It must be stopped or silenced, or else the dignity of this board will be trampled e'er further into the dirt.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of your posting style and humor. Not that they are relevant to this serious matter. I pray your sanity was salvaged uncorrupted. I agree the IP Chat is an abomination. I'd even go so far as to claim it is cesspit of treachery worse than would be a Far From the Forest board within the Far From the Forest board. Let it be scorched with virulence and cast from earthly civilization!

(Of course I say this in jest... or do I?!?)

It never occurred to me until now that Rydia had sped up aging in FF4.

EDIT-OK maybe it occurred to me a long time ago when I actually played the game, I'm not sure.

Edited by SeverIan

Thank god I wasn't in there when this occurred

Funny, I was thinking the opposite. I expect it was probably more entertaining to watch it unfold than to read an account from an eyewitness journalist, no matter how gripping.

Also this is not exactly fair and balanced journalism - you need to work for a major news network before you can get away with passing off what might be perceived as your own opinions as fact :):

Edited by Euklyd

also what I actually came in here to say:

>taking anything that happens in IP.Chat seriously

[spoiler=Also also]you should invest in logs, so that you could paste transcripts instead of having to make do with pathetic screenshots which obviously cannot do your intrepid journalism full justice.

Edited by Euklyd

I know you caused this behind the scenes!

You can't fool me!

nope I was too busy browsing TVTropes

also what I actually came in here to say:

>taking anything that happens in IP.Chat seriously

[spoiler=Also also]you should invest in logs, so that you could paste transcripts instead of having to make do with pathetic screenshots which obviously cannot do your intrepid journalism full justice.

<Euklyd> Logs are the most untrustworthy thing in the world, you can just make up someone saying something with absolutely no effort

<Euklyd> Also also also, I am also a pedophile

nope I was too busy browsing TVTropes

LIES! If you really were you wouldn't be here!

Perhaps it would be for the best if some of you would truly be sucked into tv tropes, never able to escape. It would only be fitting, I suppose.