Does this game really expect you to pair up all the ladies?

Hey, I just recently got this game, and I have to say the number of female characters is overwhelming. Does the game honestly expect all of them to be paired up? That seems highly unrealistic considering how few you can take with you on a mission. I've been switching out like crazy trying to keep up with everyone and something tells me that might be a bad idea. Also, What's my chapter deadline? (no spoilers please, I'm on chapter 12 now)

Only Chrom needs to be paired-up before a certain chapter, which you already passed. Every other character can be paired up whenever you want and you'll get access to their kids starting from chapter 13 to the end of the game.

You should focus on a core of character and grind the supports for the one you benched later if you want to get every children. No need to rush yourself or to spread your EXP among the whole cast.

Some people in the community seem to expect you to pair up every female. I'd say the game doesn't really have any expectation on the number of females paired - it makes sense with more, or with less. But I'd say in a typical playthrough, you'll probably end up marrying off around 2-5 females. More probably means you're using too many characters, less means, uh, a Chrom/Avatar solo?

Edit: The chapter deadline for Chrom is chapter 11. Nobody else has a deadline.

Edited by Tables

One last thing: My friend told me that both Chrom and the avatar have their own special child each, which appears along with their mate's other standards offspring, and that the avatar's child is the opposite gender of the avatar. So I made my Avatar female and paired her up with Chrom. Two questions:

1: Is what my friend told me true?

2: Is it still true if I pair those two together?

(Edit: Corrected misleading wording)

Edited by Alastor15243

It's true for both. And, this isn't really a spoiler, but I'll warn you anyways, you start getting children characters after Chapter 13.

You aren't expected to do anything except clear the map and go to the next level. Supports are purely optional, and Chrom gets married no matter what.

However, certain females can't be paired. Every female after Cherche cannot be paired with anyone except the male avatar.

Some people in the community seem to expect you to pair up every female. I'd say the game doesn't really have any expectation on the number of females paired - it makes sense with more, or with less. But I'd say in a typical playthrough, you'll probably end up marrying off around 2-5 females. More probably means you're using too many characters, less means, uh, a Chrom/Avatar solo?Edit: The chapter deadline for Chrom is chapter 11. Nobody else has a deadline.

I married off 12 in my first and probably only playthrough. I'd killed off a lot of male characters and Maribelle, which is the main reason why it's not all of them.

However, certain females can't be paired. Every female after Cherche cannot be paired with anyone except the male avatar.

Also, this is true of Anna, who you can get as early as after chapter 9.

Back to the topic at hand: I don't really have much to say that wasn't said already, except that the avatar's child depends on the original class of the other parent.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Ideally, for Lunatic (maybe Hard as well?) you focus on your team and after you finish the game you grind the rest of the characters to get the remaining children. It's not a must to get all the children to beat the game, even though you can do so, however it's impractical without grinding because there's not enough exp in the main story missions to raise all your characters (which is why it's advised to focus on certain ones).

I think the only lady you can accidentally leave childless is Sumia, so I'd pair her up first if you haven't already. D:

That too. She has limited marriage options (Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Henry).

How did we have this entire thread without anyone saying 'woman' or 'women', fucking seriously

Anyway, don't feel obliged to pair every woman - after all, you shouldn't instigate a bloody paedophilic relationship (cough that dragon girl cough) just to fill out a checklist. Don't stress about it.

I'm just disappointed Say'ri and Anna can't be paired. It makes sense if Tiki can't be paired, and Flavia should be with Basilio canonly but the other two should maybe get pairings.

It's actually possible to leave Sumia unable to be paired since she's weird and has reduced options. If you pair Chrom, Fred, Henry and Gaius then it's impossible for her to get married.

That too. She has limited marriage options (Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Henry).

I'm just disappointed Say'ri and Anna can't be paired. It makes sense if Tiki can't be paired, and Flavia should be with Basilio canonly but the other two should maybe get pairings.

It's actually possible to leave Sumia unable to be paired since she's weird and has reduced options. If you pair Chrom, Fred, Henry and Gaius then it's impossible for her to get married.

You guys left out the male Avatar, who can also marry Sumia...

Technically incorrect, because all the second Gen girls are after Cherche, and they can be paired with Second Gen Males in addition to Male MU. [They can only have a child if paired with MaMU though.]

Some people in the community seem to expect you to pair up every female. I'd say the game doesn't really have any expectation on the number of females paired - it makes sense with more, or with less. But I'd say in a typical playthrough, you'll probably end up marrying off around 2-5 females. More probably means you're using too many characters, less means, uh, a Chrom/Avatar solo?

Edit: The chapter deadline for Chrom is chapter 11. Nobody else has a deadline.

I second this. I personally only end up pairing a handful of women in my playthroughs. The rest I usually support grind with post-game, but that's completely optional, so you shouldn't feel pressured to get all of them married if you don't really want to.

How did we have this entire thread without anyone saying 'woman' or 'women', fucking seriously

Or 'girl.'

I don't know why one would expect that every woman in the game is "expected" to be paired, or that there's an overwhelming amount of them.

I don't see what's wrong with 'lady'? Maybe there's something I'm missing...

How many pairable women are there in FE13 anyways?

I don't see what's wrong with 'lady'? Maybe there's something I'm missing...

How many pairable women are there in FE13 anyways?

11 in Gen 1, and 6 in Gen 2. Not counting female versions of Robin and Morgan, or whoever Robin can wind up with outside of the 11 Gen 1 girls.

Anyway, don't feel obliged to pair every woman - after all, you shouldn't instigate a bloody paedophilic relationship (cough that dragon girl cough) just to fill out a checklist. Don't stress about it.

I actually paired her up with Donnel. Youngest in the group so it's less weird than it could be, and a very nice ability to give to Nowi's daughter (the growth rate bonus one, since she's one of the few classes that can't repromote, right?)

I actually paired her up with Donnel. Youngest in the group so it's less weird than it could be, and a very nice ability to give to Nowi's daughter (the growth rate bonus one, since she's one of the few classes that can't repromote, right?)

So pairing the youngest in the group with the oldest is "less weird"...

Okaaaaayyy....

So pairing the youngest in the group with the oldest is "less weird"...

Okaaaaayyy....

He's not so young for that to be problematic the other way around, but young enough to minimize the weirdness of his interest in her. But mostly I just wanted to give that stat bonus skill to Nowi's daughter.