Be honest. How much do you grind on Lunatic/Lunatic+?

PuffPuff

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much

• 3 DLC rounds every 8 Chapters
    • None
    • To your hearts content
    • Once after every chapter

Lunatic

My answer is 3 rounds every 8 Chapters. (Entombed) So I can bring challenge to the game and not kill the difficulty. (Not that you ever completely could)

Lunatic+

Haven't played yet.

Just finished 15 and now can do another three rounds. Two turned Chapter 14. Warp skipped it before it got out of hand. Etc. Too many restarts in ch12.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played it like two times before and ended up deleting the file, getting bored of it or getting stuck on one chapter. I don't grind,

I don't grind, I just play the chapters patiently, sort of lower risk. In the first few chapters, though, I have The Avatar get most of the action so he/she can carry with my team in it's harder phases.

Lunatic isn't meant for grinding, as the enemies grow much faster than your own team. I have, however, used something like 2-3 skirmishes in my second Lunatic run so I can have a shot at training my weaker peeps. I'll never forget that, the one time I've used Virion, he became an amazing Griffon Rider. He lived up to my expectation and even further.

EDIT: I also think that Lunatic is much more fun when you play it this way, without grinding. It makes it fun by giving you the namesake's difficulty while not relying an insane amount of luck, being able to use a few more characters and not defeating the purpose of it, by grinding.

Edited by The Boss

Still.

Your gonna learn to hate some of the chapters being luck factors to win like 3 and 12 were. -.-

It's recommended to warp skip chapters 12,13, 14, and 25 as it gets out of hand if you stick around too long in them. This mode has a nasty habit of surrounding you. -.-

Edited by Dark_Huntress

The problem I've had with Chapter 13, was not knowing exactly what kind of enemies spawn from the Forts. And I didn't want to block alot of them because of the potential Exp they could give out from the enemies. I would block 2 out of 3 of the ones at the South and maybe one of the ones to the sides to prevent the Snipers from coming out. Otherwise, if you know what's coming and happen to have a few strong units to 1RKO, you're good.

Chapter 14 could've been worse for me, but I didn't have it that rough, seeing as I had Rally Rainbow by then and also a few strong units that could block the way to the main ship and kill off many enemies on the first phase.

If you're lowmanning, you should probably beat it as fast as you can...but my team is sort of on the bigger side, and they'd very much appreciate the Exp. Not like the cost was incredibly insane and luck-based.

I grind like crazy : P

Lunatic+ isn't fun at all with the cheap ass enemy skills and Lunatic seems to be a slightly tougher Avatar solo (I already did one of these, so I got bored after 10 Lunatic chapters or something).

I feel kind of bad, but I just beat Lunatic/+ for completion's sake. It wasn't like FE12 Lunatic where I played it because I wanted to (and where it seems the developers actually tried to balance the difficulty).

I don't grind at all.

But i use four units at most, with the avatar being always overleveled (i use the water trick)

That should be Sorcerers, MU, Lucina(Veteran) and Chrom of course. They alone make it manageable enough.

Lunatic+ is just plain headache beyond belief. -.-

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Grind all the characters! I grind and I don't care. What's funny is I grinded most of my units to level 20 in their base class and I'm still getting killed on Paralogue 1 lol. Granted I'm not using actual strategy but those are minor details.

Edit: this is on lunatic+. Damn those counter enemies.

Edited by xcel

None. Have gotten through Vanilla Lunatic 3 times now with no grinding, almost did a 4th but got bored and about to do a 5th. The first was with the usual Nosferatu Avatar broken stuff.

The second, I just wanted to check if avatar as a grandmaster was still OP. To noone's surprise, yes, it turned into an Avatar solo. The third, I restricted the avatar use by making her a really bad asset and flaw and got through using mostly fliers. The fourth was just me being bored and starting a file for lulz but when I got to like Chapter 16 I got bored. The 5th is me doing a Lunatic draft atm. It's weirdly fun, but thats because I love turns. Also, Stahl is kinda OP with 60 def growth+kelllam earlygame and a def tonic, as Ive found since the third lunatic playthrough.

Edited by PKL

I grinded pretty much everyone in the beginning till they paired up. When I got all the children, I only used them, Chrom and Avatar. I did not grind that much with them, because it is pretty cheap for me.

BTW I only have finished lunatic causal once and I will not play this again, because I do not like this kind of difficulty and game mechanic.

And I am not masochistic enough to try a lunatic + causal attempt, becasue I even have other activities.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

Lunatic? Never use it. No Sorcs either because they're cheap ugly. Sometimes I fight all the Risen for the challenge.

Lunatic+ depends entirely on what kind of run I feel like doing. I've done it with no DLC before, and I've also picked up LB before Cht.5.

I don't really see much point in grinding if you're going to play Lunatic. The hardest parts are all before you can grind, so if you can get to chapter 4 (without massive Frederick abuse) you're probably good to beat the mode.

Luna+ is probably a different story. I dunno, I always get bored playing that due to the high luck factor.

I grind all the time. The main purpose though, is to make sure the kids are super strong, and I won't have to do much leveling them up.

And in the beginning at chapter 5, right when the DLC gate thingy opens, I grind for so much. And to me, it only makes it more fun for me to play the game, it actually doesn't suck the fun out (like some of you may think). I love crushing enemies that are MUCH weaker than I am.

I have yet to Lunatic but im pretty sure i would grind like a rusty old cog.

Pretty much this. The point I like the most when I play FE is when my characters starts decimating the opponent easily. I also prefer grinding to resetting.

I personally find grinding boring (and quite unnecessary in this case), so really no point for me. I still consider the option to grind and tune the difficulty to be nice though.

My most fun Lunatic runs were my first (+Spd and early-promoted Avatar, no Nosferatu, no idea what I was doing) and a later run with No Second Seals.

My least fun were my second Lunatic run (+Def Avatar, didn’t finish) and first Lunatic+ (partially brute forced it, which I regret).

And a bunch of various fun stuff in the middle.

Vanilla? None at all. That said, I don't like Vanilla Lunatic. It's like the uncanny valley for difficulty modes for me. Played it 3 times and... that's it.

All 3 times I wound up throwing Sorcs at things.

+? Classic was a full Grind file where I only did everything. My casual L+ runs have been anywhere between No Grind and Semi-grind.