Persona 3 Mafia - Game Cancelled - Mass Destronktion

Elieson

i'm still completely baffled at the train of thought that could lead one to believe that lynching an unknown is better for the town than lynching a CLAIMED ANTI-TOWN

We would have gotten scum either way. I hope to play as scum or SK next time. I think I will do a lot better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT: For one, I had strong suspicions on Eury for a while already. For two, I don't exactly buy EITHER of Terra/SP's claims, and prefer to let those two sort it out better on next day phase.

i'm still completely baffled at the train of thought that could lead one to believe that lynching an unknown is better for the town than lynching a CLAIMED ANTI-TOWN

I'm glad at least SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS my sentiment in-game.

I honestly don't care that I WAS SCUM. SO WAS TERRADOR, WHO OPENLY CLAIMED ANTI-TOWN ITP. Why people would WANT to keep one around? Is anyone's guess. Seriously. The lack of logics with it was AMAZING, imo.

yes she was actually scum but that's irrelevant

do not lynch an unknown over someone who is KNOWN to be scum

you can argue this all you want but i think you'll find that the majority of observers agrees with me

Edited by CT075

The game was unbalanced, and I'm genuinely sorry people didn't have fun with it.

That said, I enjoyed it. I'd like to think that I made a good case knowing that the two town leaders were absolutely reading me town beforehand, buuuut yeah, mostly just silly.

Not like I'd have won, anyways? I'd be lynched on hitting GP, then Breezy eventually gets lynched.

Also, the notion of OC with Unlimited Day shot Vig + Tracker = WHAT? So we have TWO people working on who to kill (lolfailonShinorikillbtw), and that much coordination on town-side?

Ugh, dear lord. It's a miracle that I didn't get scanned/tracked/seen at ALL N1 when I role-copped Shinori AND conducted the kill on Mitsuki.

In my post that I WAS TYPING when I got SHOT.

I had actually pointed out every single flaw of Terrador's posts and night action. As well as had narrowed down in my own QT that scum was amongst 4 players.

Eury breezy kirsche and Sky.

That was before doing my reread.

Had you fucking waited instead of outright shooting someone who was hinting a fucking TOWN POWER ROLE. You would have known that. Also still the whole not shooting the other vig thing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CT: I already said I don;t usually go with "RATIONAL" when doing things. If you see me in a game, Do NOT expect me to abide by what most people call "Common sense". ;)

If someone claims anti-town third, YOU LYNCH IT ON THE SPOT FOR FUCKING SAKE.

I don't care if they say they can joint with the town. Snike in Toonami mafia could joint with town and said he would. He scum sided along with the other ITP because the scum offered them a better deal.

Shinori in SF Drafters was a third party who had to kill a townie. He admitted it. He didn't get lynched on the spot. Oh no, he SHOT HIS MARK, then disappeared, leaving town in a worse spot in the game.

If someone claims anti-town, YOU LYNCH IT.

And Kopf, yours and Green's collaborations caused some of the WORST decisions in this game, like choosing to vote Eury over Terrador and not shooting Terrador after you tracked him. I wouldn't be so proud of it.

tl;dr

SKs have an anti-town kill. Scum has an anti-town kill. If you lynch scum over outed SK, you still have two anti-town kills floating around. GET RID OF THE SOURCE OF THE SECOND ANTI-TOWN KILL. :|

terrador: gp was bomb, you'd have been ded anyway

Bomb? How so?

I was planning on winning with town; that is, burninating Nyx. Hand to God I was; my play D2 was an honest (if very frantic) attempt to dig myself out of the hole that the setup and especially the Wen track put me in, and it worked!

[spoiler=Bluedoom (Town)]

Dear Bluedoom,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Shinjiro Aragaki, the Hierophant.

250px-P3-Shinjiro_render.png

You're a huge ton of brick-shitting amazement. Your first appearance is just you showing up in Akihiko's hospital room like you don't even give a fuck, and then the next time we see you, you're beating down some thugs to save Minato, Yukari & Junpei. Yeah, you're pretty kickass. You're also voiced by English!FSN!Gilgamesh and JP!Mugen, so you even sound badass.

During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Jumping in front of (USER). If (USER) is targeted by any action of any kind, that action will instead hit you. This includes killing actions, so be careful.

Luckily, you're also such a man-tank that you can literally tank a bullet, albeit it's still gonna hurt like a bitch. Ergo, the first killing action against you in this game will fail.

In short, you are the Town BPV Martyr.

You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when you have eliminated all of the Nyxists.

[spoiler=Sky_Paladin (Town)]

Dear Sky_Paladin,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Minato Arisato, the Fool.

150px-P3_Protagonist_render.png

You're the hero of this shit. You're emo and whatever maybe and I don't even know, use your imagination. Point is, you're the hero protagonist.

During the game, you may respond to this role PM with one of the following (you may not use multiple abilities in a single phase):

-##Night X: Whose side is (USER) on? You'll use the powers of PROTAGONIST BENEFITS and determine (USER)'s alignment, but not their role. You may only use this one.
-##Day X: Cast Megidolaon on (USER). You'll fire the Persona equivalent of a goddamn nuke at (USER), killing them dead. Because of the sheer SP cost, you may only do this once.
-##Night X: Follow (USER). You will follow user, and learn who they visited that night, but not for what purpose. Because blue hair isn't good for stealth, you will only be able to do this once.
-##Day X: Change in tactics, guys! This will allow you to shuffle the votes to your liking; however, you may not put someone at hammer-1 using this role, and you must have at least three different people with multiple votes on them. Like your other abilities, you may only do this once.

In short, you are the Town Jack of All Trades.

You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when all of the Nyxists have been eliminated.

[spoiler=Euklyd (Town)]

Dear Euklyd,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Ken Amada, the Justice.
150px-Ken_Amada_render.png
Don't let the cutesy shota looks fool you; this fucker's out for blood. Specifically, the blood of his mom's killer. Other than that, he's not memorable, aside from the ridiculous short shorts.
Being a shota, you have no actual action. Only your word and vote matter here.
In short, you are the Town Vanilla.
You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when all of the Nyxists have been eliminated.

[spoiler=Mitsuki (Town))]

Dear Mitsuki,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Mitsuru Kirijo, the Empress.
170px-Mitsuru_Kirijo_render.png
You're a pretty cool chick. Literally (since you specialize in ice spells) and figuratively (just fucking look at you). You're also rich as fuck and serve as more or less the field leader of S.E.E.S., alongside Minato. You're voiced by FSN!Caster and Lacus Clyne respectively, so... neat.
Since you're so fucking rich and important and shit, you have more pull than others in deciding things. Therefore, your vote counts double each phase.
In short, you are the Town Mayor.

[spoiler=Junko Enoshima (Town)]

Dear Junko Enoshima,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Yukari Takeba, The Lovers.
225px-Yukari_Takeba_render.png
You're one of the first party members in the game, and probably the biggest bitch of the lot even after you get your character development. Still, you're probably the most useful party member of the group due to your healing spells, so at least you're not totally unlikable. Plus, you're voiced by Yoko in English (and by... well, yourself in weebspeak), so that's pretty cool.
During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Using Diarahan on (USER). If (USER) is targeted by a killing action that night, then you will save them from death. Since it costs a crapton of SP, you may only use this twice.
In short, you are the Town 2-shot Doctor.
You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when the you have eliminated all of the Nyxists.

[spoiler=Shinori (Town)]

Dear Shinori,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Fuuka Yamagishi, the Priestess.
200px-P3_Fuuka_Render.png
"*GASP* THE ENEMY! *GASP* THE ENEMY! *GASP* THE ENEMY!"
During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Whose side is (USER) on? You'll use your Persona, Lucia, to scan (USER) and learn of their alignment, but not their role.
In short, you are the Town Cop.

[spoiler=Green Poet (Town)]

Dear Green Poet,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Koromaru, the Strength.
200px-Koromaru_render.png
You're a dog. No, seriously. You are a Persona-using dog who uses a knife to fight. The fans love you, and who can blame you? You're a shiba inu, man! (wow such persona much role wow)
As you are a dog, and are able to do things humans can't, you may post during the night phase.
In addition, if you are successfully targeted by a killing action, you will blow up on the offending user, because everyone hates animal cruelty and will beat their shit in sideways.
You're also the most unintelligible of the group; but luckily, Aigis can understand your barks. As such, you can communicate with them outside of the thread here.
In short, you are the Town Insomniac Bomb.

[spoiler=SB (Town)]

Dear SB,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Junpei Iori, The Magician.
270px-Junpei_Iori_render.png
You're the other early party member, and... well, you're not quite as useful. Still, you're more or less the "bro" of the team, and it definitely shows in the way you talk and fight. For gods' sake, you use a sword like a baseball bat. At least you're voiced by Ed Elric and Yuri Lowell, otherwise people may be more inclined to kick your ass.
During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Calling up (USER) to chat. The next day phase, you will have OC with that individual, and it will end during the following night phase.
[REDACTED DUE TO BALANCE ISSUES]
In short, you are the Town Mason Recruiter.

[spoiler=Kopfjager (Town)]

Dear Kopfjager,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Aigis, The Chariot.
240px-Aigis_render.png
You're... well, an android. And that's being generous. They call you a "mechanical maiden" in-game, but... you're basically a robot. But hey, you've got built-in guns and have the voices of Kallen and Ciel behind you, so... that's something. Plus, you may well be lesbian! If you can even understand love, that is.
During the day phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Day X: Eliminating the threat of (USER). You'll use your handy-dandy built-in guns to kill (USER), and, thankfully, you won't run out of ammo. Neat!
In addition, once during the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Tracking (USER)'s movements. You'll track (USER) and learn who they visited that night.
You're also the only one who can understand Koromaru, so as such, you can communicate with him outside of the thread, here.
In short, you are the Town Dayvig/1-shot Tracker.

[spoiler=Terrador (Self-Aligned)]

Dear Terrador,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Ryoji Mochizuki, Death.
250px-P3-Ryoji.jpg
God damn Ryoji and his god damn scarf...
Anyways, you're a mysterious transfer student that shows up late in the year, and you'll pretty much hit on anything with tits and a proper vag. And be fucking fabulous doing it. You also share voices with Minato. This is not a coincidence.
During the night phase, you may respond to this PM ##Night X: Seducing (USER). You will use your pure unadulterated sexiness to seduce (USER) so hard that they'll die. Of course, you're only really interested in seducing the women, but if you get rid of one of the men, I'm sure that works for you as well...
In addition, because nobody would suspect your involvement in this game at all, investigative roles that reveal your role will not work on you. Must be the scarf.
In short, you are the Serial Killer.
You are aligned with yourself. You win if one of the following two conditions are met:
1. The following characters are eliminated: Yukari Takeba, Mitsuru Kirijo, Fuuka Yamagishi and Aigis. If this occurs, you will automatically be withdrawn from the game, since you work will be done.
2. You survive until the end of the game.

[spoiler=Eurykins (Mafia)]

Dear Eurykins,
Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Jin Shirato, the Hermit.
250px-P3_Jin_Render.png
You're... probably the least important of the major antagonists in the game. Sure, you run the public aspect of Strega and the Nyxist cult, but otherwise you kinda suck. I mean, I like you, but... eh. You share a voice with Shinji in English, and your JP voice is Vash and Isaac Dian. So... there's that, I guess.
During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Let's see what (USER) can do! Using the powers of TEH INTERNETZ, you will look up (USER) in some sort of database and learn of their role.
In short, you are the Mafia Rolecop.
You are aligned with The Nyxists. You win when your faction has reached parity with S.E.E.S., or if nothing can stop your faction from doing so.

[spoiler=SakuraBreeze64 (Mafia)]

Dear Breezy,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Shuji Ikutsuki, the ???.

200px-P3_Ikutsuki_protrait_Render.png

Hoo boy. You're the de facto leader of S.E.E.S., and also the chief director of Gekko High. You're also a worshipper of Nyx and manipulated the entirety of S.E.E.S. to do your bidding. What an asshole. Your puns also suck, and you share an English voice with Igor.

As you are technically the leader of S.E.E.S., any attempts to scan your alignment will have you show up as being aligned with them. After all, nobody suspects the guy without a Persona, right?

In addition, since you didn't die from getting shot, but rather falling afterwards, you will survive the first attempt on your life.

In short, you are the Mafia BPV Godfather.

You are aligned with The Nyxists. You win when your faction has achieved parity with S.E.E.S., or nothing can stop your faction from doing so.

Da scum QT

Curly: I have to admit that I flavourspecced that one, coupled with observing GP's actions.

Granted, knowing that he's one of the PLAYABLES and that two of the game's BOSSES are mafs help a lot.

I'd be lynched on hitting GP

You'd have died upon doing so, actually. But really, GG; you had me fooled.

Also, I'm wondering why Refa started playing the way he did towards the end of D1? Is that usual for him?

As for those who have issues with my play - I apologize if you were upset by them. I'm not going to try and justify my actions, as I can see that'll simply lead to argument right now. Again, sorry if you saw my play to be poor; it's all I have to say on that.

kopf: and you know what gut feeling gets you? shot by a vig who thinks you're not contributing

it's okay in moderation, and maybe early game, but you can't 100% rely on it because you will get people on your case

If someone claims anti-town third, YOU LYNCH IT ON THE SPOT FOR FUCKING SAKE.

I don't care if they say they can joint with the town. Snike in Toonami mafia could joint with town and said he would. He scum sided along with the other ITP because the scum offered them a better deal.

Shinori in SF Drafters was a third party who had to kill a townie. He admitted it. He didn't get lynched on the spot. Oh no, he SHOT HIS MARK, then disappeared, leaving town in a worse spot in the game.

If someone claims anti-town, YOU LYNCH IT.

And Kopf, yours and Green's collaborations caused some of the WORST decisions in this game, like choosing to vote Eury over Terrador and not shooting Terrador after you tracked him. I wouldn't be so proud of it.

tl;dr

SKs have an anti-town kill. Scum has an anti-town kill. If you lynch scum over outed SK, you still have two anti-town kills floating around. GET RID OF THE SOURCE OF THE SECOND ANTI-TOWN KILL. :|

Kopf shooting FFM was gonna make him the game TownMVP in my book

Although some reasons were on Meta, FFM dropped hard scumslips that I caught before I knew anything about the setup, not even one RolePM.

Then he shot Shinori

because Shinori Annoyed him

Instead of the other claimed Vig

That was the worst move in the game.

Wanting to lynch the SK is a good move for both alliances. Eurykins was the only one who though that after the SK claim. You never trust a Self-aligned, unless it's proven.

Mafia MVP: Eurykins (HM to Terrador for trying hard and getting lucky)

Town MVP: Bluedoom (HM to Euklyd for being the towniest looking player all game, until death of course)

Edited by Elieson

And I'll be honest. Part of what made me chose to trust Terrador was also, flavourspec. I pretty much already pinpointed his flavour the moment the mentioned the names of those he needs to kill.

CT: I already said I don;t usually go with "RATIONAL" when doing things. If you see me in a game, Do NOT expect me to abide by what most people call "Common sense". ;)

This is not something to be acting proud of, Kopf.

and also ~especially~ as a vig themselves, because you need to critically think about ~why~ you are shooting a certain person before you do it, because vigs are Swingy As Fuck