Persona 3 Mafia - Game Cancelled - Mass Destronktion

Elieson

CT: I already said I don;t usually go with "RATIONAL" when doing things. If you see me in a game, Do NOT expect me to abide by what most people call "Common sense". ;)

This would explain the spam-posting, and a lot of other in-thread comment. (No offense meant, just a simple notion.)

You'd have died upon doing so, actually. But really, GG; you had me fooled.

Also, I'm wondering why Refa started playing the way he did towards the end of D1? Is that usual for him?

As for those who have issues with my play - I apologize if you were upset by them. I'm not going to try and justify my actions, as I can see that'll simply lead to argument right now. Again, sorry if you saw my play to be poor; it's all I have to say on that.

He was confirmed scum, and the in-game EDIT that happened, along with the fact that there was little to NOTHING we could do. Meant that it really didn't matter what he did. So he had some fun with it (I think?) and just spam posted 'cause what else is there to do? Lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrador: because that was gp's role...

Ah, damn, I misspoke. I meant I was going to shoot Sky_Paladin, but hey, he turned out to be Town. I'd be lynched Day 4 over Breezy in that event, and assuming that the maf kill gets protected against once, I'd say Breezy would've lost at that point.

It was a clusterfuck. I had fun. Sorry if y'all didn't. Best bullshit of 2014 already, and it's barely even April!

Why did people seriously think that a 15 player game would include 2 Vigs, and then yet, 3?

in what world does that appear as balanced?

[11:30:18 AM] Baldrick: "anyone who hammers eury is pretty much confirmed scum"
[11:30:39 AM] Baldrick: like he knows it's a ML

But I was wrong in the end!

Refa's pre-edit role was the best. Get converted, reveal the scum-team, gg.

Mafia MVP: Eurykins (HM to Terrador for trying hard and getting lucky)

Town MVP: Bluedoom (HM to Euklyd for being the towniest looking player all game, until death of course)

>MAFOOYA MVP

...I'm not sure what you thought in the setup, but I was honest-to-God playing third-party-aligned-Town all game long.

Why did people seriously think that a 15 player game would include 2 Vigs, and then yet, 3?

in what world does that appear as balanced?

I gave up on assuming this was balanced after seeing myself, a day kill, and an extra scum kill all in the same game. I did think SP was lying his ass off, though.

[11:30:18 AM] Baldrick: "anyone who hammers eury is pretty much confirmed scum"

[11:30:39 AM] Baldrick: like he knows it's a ML

But I was wrong in the end!

Refa's pre-edit role was the best. Get converted, reveal the scum-team, gg.

Well, not so much that as burning daylight when we had really gotten nothing done.

E: That, and hammering Eury on a townflip would seem really REALLY REALLY scummy. Hammering on a mafia flip might've gone over okay. Maybe.

Edited by Terrador

[spoiler=BBM]

Dear BigPlaysMeteor,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Akihiko Sanada, The Emperor.

280px-Akihiko_Sanada_render.png

You're pretty much the baddest dude in this game, in the best possible way. You have an unwanted harem, you're the closest thing to a Jeigan in the game, and your initial Persona inspired my username. Plus, you're voiced by Liam O'Brien in English, which adds to your win.

During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Casting Tarunda on (USER). (USER) will have their attack power lowered to the point that their night action, should they take it, will fail. Because you kinda don't have a huge SP pool, you'll only be able to use this twice.

In short, you are the Town 2-shot Hooker.

You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when you have eliminated all of the Nyxists.

[spoiler=Refa]

Dear Refa,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Chidori Yoshino, the Hanged Man.

300px-P3_Chidori_Render.png

You're a goth lolita chick who loves to draw and swings around a chain-axe. Fun shit, yo. You also seem to perceive your Persona as your only friend, which just seems odd. You're voiced by Sheila Broflovski and... well, a metric fuckton of people in Japan.

During the night phase, you may do one of the following:

-##Night X: Restoring (USER). This will give (USER) an additional shot of their ability if they have a limited-use role. You may only use this twice.

-##Night X: Reviving (USER). This will allow you to revive a dead user at the cost of your own life. Obviously, this will only work once.

-##Night X: Scanning for (USER). This will allow you to track (USER) and who all visits them that night. You may only use this once, because your Persona takes a lot out of you.

[REDACTED FOR BALANCE ISSUES]

In short, you are the Mafia Jack of All Trades.

You are aligned with The Nyxists. You win when your faction has reached parity with S.E.E.S., or if nothing can prevent your faction from doing so.

Da scum QT

[spoiler=FFM]

Dear Frosty Fire Mage,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Takaya Sakaki, The Wheel of Fortune.

200px-Takaya_Sakaki_render.png

Ah, yes. Revolver Jesus. You're a nihilistic jackass who works as an online hitman and also uses an artificial Persona, and you may well have the smoothest voice in the game. Also, that Revolver is not for show, as Shinji can attest. You're also voiced by Vexen and FSN!Lancer respectively, so you sound pretty cool.

During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Shooting (USER). You will pop a cap in (USER)'s ass, killing them. Roleblocks won't work on you, but you won't be able to go through protection. You've only got a certain amount of bullets, since you only bothered buying so many, so you'll only have 3 shots. After that, you'll have to rely on your own word for your faction to kill.

In short, you are the Mafia 3-shot Sniper.

You are aligned with The Nyxists. You win when your faction has reached parity with S.E.E.S., or nothing can stop your faction from doing so.

Da scum QT

[spoiler=SB]

Dear SB,

Welcome to Persona 3 Mafia! You are Junpei Iori, The Magician.

270px-Junpei_Iori_render.png

You're the other early party member, and... well, you're not quite as useful. Still, you're more or less the "bro" of the team, and it definitely shows in the way you talk and fight. For gods' sake, you use a sword like a baseball bat. At least you're voiced by Ed Elric and Yuri Lowell, otherwise people may be more inclined to kick your ass.

During the night phase, you may respond to this role PM ##Night X: Calling up (USER) to chat. The next day phase, you will have OC with that individual, and it will end during the following night phase.

[REDACTED DUE TO BALANCE ISSUES]

In short, you are the Town Mason Recruiter.

You are aligned with S.E.E.S. You win when all of the Nyxists have been eliminated.

CT: It might be because everyone expects players in a mafia game to think logically and think hard at that. Tossing someone who DOESN'T do any of these might mess up the play of others just due to the discrepancy.

I gave up on assuming this was balanced after seeing myself, a day kill, and an extra scum kill all in the same game. I did think SP was lying his ass off, though.

Well, not so much that as burning daylight when we had really gotten nothing done.

E: That, and hammering Eury on a townflip would seem really REALLY REALLY scummy. Hammering on a mafia flip might've gone over okay. Maybe.

Didn't really mater, imo. Flavor spec. + MASSIVE CLAIMS = I was pretty much nailed as scum, since you went all crazy with the ITP claim.

That, and I was planning to self-hammer anyways to just cut the discussion time and hope I could buy Breezy some time/at least a night kill before we lost. So the hammer would've fallen by my own hand. =P

@Terra. Your primary wincon was to kill four townies. You were basically a SK who could joint with either faction.

At setup time, yeah. After FFM, then Refa died, though, I definitely was rolling with town.

...of course, if I had three targets dead and knew who the fourth was, I'd shoot my mark and go, but, y'know. Semantics. It ain't like my presence wound up helping the town much, as my scumreads are... frankly unreliable, to say the least.

People should honestly policy lynch me--I play shit town and have gotten a non-town role 2 for 2 at SF so far.

ALSO I HAD A QT

I told Poly as much in my role PM when I saw that I was an infinite Dayvig. I'm very trigger-happy as is.

Heck, my first question to him was (since the wording didn't specify it) "Can I kill everyone else right now and thus win the game by default?"

Also terta you ruimef your chance when you said you could kill every odd nigh

that's basically an sk claim rigjt thetr

Frankly, I was already ruined when Wen tracked me killing somebody

Everything after that was just borrowed time, frankly

And I would've lived to Night 2 (or even Day 3) having been tracked to kill N1. If it weren't for that meddling Sky actually being town! I still can't believe it.

By the by, what was your reasoning on rearranging the votes?

Kopf's fucking role PM apparently contradicted Poly's mod spreadsheet. He was supposed to be only a 1-shot dayvig from what I heard.

Edited by Sangyul

I have to admit to doing a lot of private flavourspeccing, once the claims showed up. The reveals so far showed that I'm mostly right on my guesses (I had pegged SP as a possible scum!Ikutsuki, but my guesses on Junko!Yukari, Bluedoom!Shinji, and Terra were on the money)