Do you think FE 14 will be a sequel to awakening?

ClassyWolf

@bottlegnomes Yeah, I clearly remember Tai x Sora having a HUGE fandom back when Digimon 01 was around. There were fandoms for nearly every pairing, but Tai x Sora was easily one of the most vocal.

Huh. Learn something new every day. Mimi x Joe I could have see. Or Mimi x Izzy. And like Jotari said (sort of, shut up <_<), Sora x Matt. But Tai x Sora never crossed my mind.

Eh. A whole passel of noble ladies leave their thrones to Marth and he's not a marriage option for any of them. Not Nyna, not Minerva, not Minerva's sister Maria...

Maria is clearly in love with Marth, though, IIRC, Minerva's forever alone, and Marth's about the only person Nyna cares for beyond friendship, IIRC. By beyond friendship, I mean she trusts Marth, not necessarily love or anything like it. The only other person she really trusted (Camus) got killeded dead.

On the other hand, Elincia still has 3 retainers she trusts with her life.

That said, we really should stop discussing this here, so I'm done for now.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, let's go back to what I was saying about a third Tellius game being based around a land Ike discovers and starts exploring. He doesn't necessarily have to be the main character again, the new lord could bump into him and they become friends and then some shit starts happening and Ike finds himself involved in another war after the new lord hires him to help.

Yeah, let's go back to what I was saying about a third Tellius game being based around a land Ike discovers and starts exploring. He doesn't necessarily have to be the main character again, the new lord could bump into him and they become friends and then some shit starts happening and Ike finds himself involved in another war after the new lord hires him to help.

I fail to see the point of it being a sequel if the setting, plot, and cast are completely new.

But Ike's in it, as would be Soren and/or Ranulf. Hopefully both. :P

But it's not a follow up. It's not using anything other than one or two characters. It'd be like randomly throwing Ike into the plot of Roy's game just for the sake of having Ike there. The exact same story could be told unless it heavily involved Ike's actions or a plot element of the earlier games. Even if the characters role/personality is entirely Ikeish he could be substituted for and archtype (which Fire Emblem is fond of doing) so long as the nothing from the plot of Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn is relevant. Even when you take into account exploring new lands, Ike character arc is already over too. He defeated the Black Knight and surpassed his father learning to be a good leader along the way. (And in terms of narrative anything that happens is going to seem like a step down after you murder god).

Edited by Jotari

Clearly his goal should be to become a god

You could even use Priam. It would explain his purpose, he's Ikeish enough to fulfill that kind of role while having room for character development.

Clearly his goal should be to become a god

You could even use Priam. It would explain his purpose, he's Ikeish enough to fulfill that kind of role while having room for character development.

Yes. Ike becoming power mad after surpassing god would be one hell of a plot. Only our great hero Oliver can take him down and show the world true beauty.

You're still just using Ike for the sake of using Ike then. Which just limits your creative potential as he's already a firmly established, and finished character with not much more room for development. Consider Baldrick's Priam idea. You'd get all the benefits of everything Ike related while still having much more room to do original things with the character. But I won't crap all over your idea anymore. I can see what your doing. You just love Ike and want to see him doing more stuff and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But if you truly believe in your plot line then you should do the things that give you the most freedom with it instead of using a character someone else created.

Edited by Jotari

I have to agree with Jotari and Baldrick. What's the point of using Ike if nothing else carries over? It's a new universe with new characters with Ike thrown in.

A game starring Priam, though? That has potential.

As far as another Tellius game goes, we know for a fact that there's more landmass there than we've dealt with, since the edge of the map is just the desert, and we've got Hatari out past that. I don't recall if it's just laguz past there or not, though.

Plot line for the next game. Priam is minding his own business when he hears of a great tournament and decides to join. He easily wins all his matches, and when he reaches the final, he is easily defeated by a man with a mask and the same sword he has! Who claims to be Priam's son from the future!

Needless to say, it turns out to be Mist, who became immortal and decided to spend the next thousands of years training.

I have to agree with Jotari and Baldrick. What's the point of using Ike if nothing else carries over? It's a new universe with new characters with Ike thrown in.

A game starring Priam, though? That has potential.

Well, I also carried over Soren, Ranulf, Elincia, Boyd, the story of the Great Flood, and some letters from Crimea. :P

Plot line for the next game. Priam is minding his own business when he hears of a great tournament and decides to join. He easily wins all his matches, and when he reaches the final, he is easily defeated by a man with a mask and the same sword he has! Who claims to be Priam's son from the future!

Needless to say, it turns out to be Mist, who became immortal and decided to spend the next thousands of years training.

10/10 better story than Awakening. Seriously though, I wouldnt mind visiting Tellius again.

Edited by PKL

I wouldn't mind going to Hatari for a brief jaunt. It's pretty clear that they have a fairly established culture that's at least somewhat distinct from Tellius proper. If nothing else, it'd be cool to see the culture. IIRC, Nailah and Volug weren't surprised by Rafiel's existence or Beorc, so it's not like it's a lone wolf tribe.

Volug and Nailah could be main characters or they could be there for fanservice. I don't really care, at least as long as Volug is there.

I believe there was some kind of sequel hook... a scene between Sephiran and Ashera after the end of the game?

Yeah, but IIRC it took place 1,200 years after the events of the main game. Depending on how you piece everything together in a single FE timeline, that scene might've been contemporary to one of the other games we already have. -_-

Yeah, but IIRC it took place 1,200 years after the events of the main game. Depending on how you piece everything together in a single FE timeline, that scene might've been contemporary to one of the other games we already have. -_-

I don't think any of the games fit into that timeline. It's implied peace has existed for all this time, and most of the plots had a conflict in the past. For another thing, what has happened to the laguz? It's too short a timeframe for dragon laguz to have become the manaketes imo.

The Lord never gets together with the Nyna archetype. Which is strange since, whether or not you support the pairing, it certainly makes a lot of sense.

I did genuinely think Marth x Nyna would be a thing while playing Shadow Dragon. Didn't necessarily support it but I thought it would happen.

Though if Caeda dies, then Nyna probably would have married Marth. The dialogue implies Nyna didn't choose Marth because of Caeda and only that reason.

I hope not. Better make it a story about Anri's tale.

Unfortunately, from what we know about Anri he worked solo. Now, Anri's tale integrated with the exploits of the other heroes of the age (Iote, Cartas, Princess Artemis, the Grust guy) might be fun.

Couldn't help but jump in and respond when I saw the Ike's love life talk going on here. Gotta say, I don't think Ike ever felt anything for Elincia. However, I do think she felt something for him.

For one, she always calls him Lord Ike out of at least fondness. Also at the end of the game she takes his hand and walks with him.

However when you look at it from Ike's perspective you'll find some interesting tidbits. For example there is a part in the text where Elincia asks Ike to help strap a belt or something on her. (I forgot what exactly it was.) Now she probably likes him and is pulling some sort of move on him, but while being very chaste and all. What's weird is that Ike doesn't hesitate, he simply agrees to put it on. If he liked her at least a little, I think he would be taken aback by this and maybe even slightly nervous. (This is Ike we are talking about, so I emphasize, slight nervousness.) And if he did love her, this would have been a great time for IS to show it. They could have embraced or something at this point or even kiss. Complete with a digital art painting to go with it.

Then when you look at the end of the game when Elincia takes his hand. He seems to be trying to keep his distance from her. Especially when they're walking towards the balcony. He's standing as far from her as he could, while only barely holding onto her. It looked like he was trying to get away and escape, but he had to go along with the ceremony.

Likewise I think this is how the Soren and Ike thing is too. Soren may have deep affections for Ike from what I can see. But Ike just sees him as a friend.

In both cases, I think Ike views Elincia and Soren as he views Mist. As brother and sister. Now this is my opinion, feel free to disagree. As for Ike himself, he strikes me as asexual. And oddly enough, I know someone like that in the real world. So it's not totally unrealistic.

As for the intention of the topic itself, I think it's very likely that the next game will be a sequel to Awakening. Seeing as it's the most successful game in the series by a bit. Though no matter what they do, I really hope they get back on the map design. The maps really felt bland in Awakening, fun as it may have been otherwise. I hope they take notes from Fe9, 10 and especially 12 in terms of map design. The chapter maps from those games felt very alive to me. And in 13 they all kind of felt dead for some reason.

And also, give the characters feet. Please. Seriously.

Edited by DomesticHausCat

Couldn't help but jump in and respond when I saw the Ike's love life talk going on here. Gotta say, I don't think Ike ever felt anything for Elincia. However, I do think she felt something for him.

For one, she always calls him Lord Ike out of at least fondness. Also at the end of the game she takes his hand and walks with him.

However when you look at it from Ike's perspective you'll find some interesting tidbits. For example there is a part in the text where Elincia asks Ike to help strap a belt or something on her. (I forgot what exactly it was.) Now she probably likes him and is pulling some sort of move on him, but while being very chaste and all. What's weird is that Ike doesn't hesitate, he simply agrees to put it on. If he liked her at least a little, I think he would be taken aback by this and maybe even slightly nervous. (This is Ike we are talking about, so I emphasize, slight nervousness.) And if he did love her, this would have been a great time for IS to show it. They could have embraced or something at this point or even kiss. Complete with a digital art painting to go with it.

Don't remember the scene, but that's an interesting point.

Then when you look at the end of the game when Elincia takes his hand. He seems to be trying to keep his distance from her. Especially when they're walking towards the balcony. He's standing as far from her as he could, while only barely holding onto her. It looked like he was trying to get away and escape, but he had to go along with the ceremony.

This I think you're reading a bit much into. I just rewatched the cutscene and when he reaches out to her, he's a little hesitant—could be nerves or whatever—but while they're walking, that's a pretty natural way to hold hands.

As for next game, I'd be very happy with Awakening's graphics again. There really wasn't anything I'd change about them. Yes, even the lack of feet. Ideally, though, I'd love to see graphics on the level of Awakening's cutscenes (those were gorgeous), but that's shooting for the stars.

Edited by bottlegnomes