R.I.P. Windows XP. (August 24, 2001 - April 08, 2014)

Windows XP was such a great operating system, especially at the time it was released. Whether it's about the stability, the features, or the performance, it was no wonder that people held on to XP, even after the releases of latter Windows OSes.

But as of today, Microsoft is no longer supporting the 12+ year old operating system, leaving Windows users with Vista (which has three more years going for it), W7 (which has 53/4 more years going for it) , and W8 (which has 83/4 more years).

Also, in before "Windows sucks, Macintosh and/or Linux FTW"

Edited by BLS

It's sickeningly ironic that 4/08/2014 also happens to be the day of the new Smash direct, and that when I try to load that Smash direct's video (which is still technically supposed to load a countdown window even though it's not up yet) it says to upgrade my version of Windows and Internet Explorer. =(

Oh no i'm windows 7!

edit:

It's sickeningly ironic that 4/08/2014 also happens to be the day of the new Smash direct, and that when I try to load that Smash direct's video (which is still technically supposed to load a countdown window even though it's not up yet) it says to upgrade my version of Windows and Internet Explorer. =(

Jesus that's depressing

Edited by Sakura

Someone made this as a response for Windows XP shutting down. It's fairly large, so I'll spoiler tag it.

farewell_to_windows_xp_by_chaoyuanxu-d7d

I've got fond memories of Windows XP, as it lasted me all throughout high school. Goodbye, old friend. You will be dearly missed.

Jesus that's depressing

No matter how times I hear it, it still surprises me that people use Internet Explorer.

XP was great, especially since 98 was so terrible

having an OS that didn't randomly blue screen on my face was absolutely amazing

reep in peace

I use 7, but XP works fine Never used 8, but have seen it, looks confusing.

windows 8 is a slightly faster windows 7 without the start button and a slightly different color scheme. just for arceus sake don't go off desktop mode

rip almighty xp

Edited by Comet

windows 8 is a slightly faster windows 7 without the start button and a slightly different color scheme. just for arceus sake don't go off desktop mode

rip almighty xp

you can get the start button back pretty easily but yeah the windows key leads

bad places

RIP XP, you, unlike Jozy 'Vista' Altidore, did your fucking job