Should Thracia 776 be considered cannon or not?

Arrout

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

Fury can be paired with other dudes.

Er... I wouldn't say that conflicts with anything, it just means a pairing is canon, and any other pairs with her didn't happen. It's not like you couldn't pair her with Levin/Lewyn.

Though I forgot about the Fin/Beowulf situation. (I forgot Delmud was in FE5 at all haha)

Edited by L95

Nevermind that Fin seems to be Nanna's father while Beowulf is Delmud's, which is impossible to accomplish in FE4 itself.

I guessed about it too.

I still think it's Raquesis/Fin tho. They just gave a hope to Raquesis/Beowulf shippers maybe XD

Edited by Arrout

It's likely (and certainly intended) that Fin is only Nanna's caretaker, not her biological father. It's funny to see that Delmud is always considered to be Beo's son when only Nanna and Felgus were stated to be his offsprings. (Link is an earlier version of FE5's official site brought back from the grave where Felgus and Nanna's father is outright stated to be Beowulf.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20000605013413/http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bfej/data/chara/index.html

Edited by Sartek

It's because he can use the Beo Sword.

This.

Plus his physical resemblance.

Also re: the Finn/Beowulf/Raquesis triangle, Beowulf is pretty cognizant that she's in love with someone else, as made evident in their Chapter 5 conversation.

The most likely explanation is:

Beowulf had Fergus with some noble/princess of Manster (or was it Alster?) but who knows when. Fergus's age is unknown but the timeline idnicates he's in his 20s.

Raquesis married Beowulf and had Delmud.

Arvis invites Sigurd and co to a barbeque at Belhalla.

Raquesis goes to Leonster but not before leaving Delmud in Adean's care in Tirnanogue.

She falls in love with Finn and has Nanna, as Nanna is stated to be 15/16, meaning she was born some time after the Belhalla Barbeque.

Some years after Leonster's fall, she leaves to see Delmud but disappears in Yied.

Beowulf had Fergus with some noble/princess of Manster (or was it Alster?) but who knows when. Fergus's age is unknown but the timeline idnicates he's in his 20s.

Raquesis goes to Leonster but not before leaving Delmud in Adean's care in Tirnanogue.

She falls in love with Finn and has Nanna, as Nanna is stated to be 15/16, meaning she was born some time after the Belhalla Barbeque.

Some years after Leonster's fall, she leaves to see Delmud but disappears in Yied.

Belhalla Barbecue. I regret that I have not heard it referred to that up until this point in my life.

Also re: the Finn/Beowulf/Raquesis triangle, Beowulf is pretty cognizant that she's in love with someone else, as made evident in their Chapter 5 conversation.

Which is heavily pointing at Eldigan when you remember that Lachesis has some incest issue and that Beowulf claim to be Eldi's friend.

Lachesis could have been pregnant during the battle itself. Nanna is only 1 year younger than Leaf.

Edited by Sartek

Which is heavily pointing at Eldigan when you remember that Lachesis has some incest issue and that Beowulf claim to be Eldi's friend.

Or it is pointing to Finn because he is telling her to go to Lenster and help him out.

Lachesis could have been pregnant during the battle itself. Nanna is only 1 year younger than Leaf.

Not disagreeing with you because I think there's sufficient evidence, like the website you linked to, to say that the original intent was to make Beowulf/Raquesis hard canon and then the developers dropped the idea. However, as the developers introduced retcon after retcon, the whole situation with Raquesis gets crazy. By the time you get the Illustrated Works timeline you have Nanna being born sometime in 762 and Raquesis staying with Finn and the kids until Nanna is eight or nine, whereas FE4 tells you flat out that Raquesis disappeared when Nanna was three and I believe FE4!Delmud says Nanna was taken to Leonster as a baby rather than being born in Leonster.

FE4: Raquesis married whoever you want her to marry, has two kids, takes her baby girl to Leonster for whatever reason and drops her off with Finn when she leaves a couple of years later.

FE5-circa-Illustrated Works: Raquesis shows up in Leonster in 761, has Nanna the following year, and she and Finn raise the kids together for eight or nine years before she strikes out for Isaach and vanishes.

These are two completely different versions of the story. None of this makes the Beowulf/Raquesis/Finn triangle canon but it introduces enough doubt about what the hell "really" happened that I feel fans can pretty much believe whether they like. Raquesis could've been pregnant at Belhalla, showed up in Leonster and had Nanna on January 1 of 762. She could've had a rebound relationship with Finn after showing up in Leonster in late 761 and had Nanna in, say, June of '62. Or just roll with FE4 and say Raquesis had a couple of kids with Noish and took baby Nanna to Leonster when she went looking for Ares.

Edited by Cymbalina's Revenge

I don't mind the story since it expounds on FE4 but leave Beowulf out of my Finn and Lachesis pairing. For me Beowulf is the guy that stays in the castle or if he's lucky guards it. He doesn't get to fall in love.

Please tell me how many people in this thread have actually finished thracia 776 more than once.

I'm on my third playthrough. I'm also reading the Japanese script.

I don't mind the story since it expounds on FE4 but leave Beowulf out of my Finn and Lachesis pairing. For me Beowulf is the guy that stays in the castle or if he's lucky guards it. He doesn't get to fall in love.

Considering the fact that Thracia Dermott can use the Beo Sword, it's pretty canonical. Sorry to shatter your headcanon?

Edited by Siuloir

See that's the only problem I have with FE5's story is them telling me what are the canon pairings. I know it's a silly reason but it bugs me. FE4 was all about mixing it up every time.

See that's the only problem I have with FE5's story is them telling me what are the canon pairings. I know it's a silly reason but it bugs me. FE4 was all about mixing it up every time.

It's hard for them to do a sequel and avoid tackling the pairing system that is integral to the entire Jugdral continuity, so I don't see how you can blame them for doing that. Especially since FE4 has a number of implied pairings as is (granted, these are circumventable) since several characters start with absolutely huge love bases and growth rates toward each other.

I would just leave out the name of the father since the child depends on the mother.

That leads to some really awkward scenes. Also Thracia retcons a chunk of Chapter 8 or thereabouts of FE4 as is....

Edited by Siuloir