DC or Marvel?

Darros

40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

So out of the two big guys, which one do you like more?

Personally, I gotta say Marvel. I love all their superheroes so much, they do a great job with characters, and Marvel movies are just fantastic.

Edited by The One True Supreme

Gonna have to say Marvel!

I just like their superheroes more. Spider-Man, Captain America, X-men, and Iron man

And they got some awesome villains as well. Magneto, Dr.Doom etc

The movies are great!

Do you...even need to ask?

:P:

My answer is just too bloody obvious. Ive enjoyed Thor since i was a wee one. I also enjoyed the X-Men way back when. Its nice to rediscover Captain America too.

Marvel. Their movies are more entertaining, they're actually trying to be more inclusive in their cast of heroes (Ms. Marvel is a legitimately great comic and everyone should read it), and they have Thor.

Also I follow a bunch of Marvel writers I like on Tumblr and they are actually pretty cool people.

I'll see what happens with DC once they give Wonder Woman a movie.

Edited by Thor Odinson

One side has Captain America, Thor, Nightcrawler and Blade(why isn't he relevant). The other has Green Lantern, Nightwing, Cyborg and Booster Gold.

Iunno, I'll say both.

If DC movies weren't so bad (animated and Dark Knight are exceptions) I'd call it a draw. I love the Batman (Kevin Conroy voiced) but... Stan Lee... I love that man. 18 cameos... plus Tony Stark... *smirks* Actually um I kinda only really like DC for Batman, nevermind Marvel all the way lol.

Not real big on comics, but I've heard that DC has much better writing than Marvel. The things about DC is that they've got laughable characters like the enormous-breasted Power Girl, Jakeem Thunder, Ultra-Humanite, Mister Terrific who defines "Gary Stu", and Oracle. I much prefer Marvel because of how DC makes such rediculous characters.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

How on earth is Mr. Terrific a Gary Stu? Sure, he's a boring, cookie-cutter superhero, but he's no more of a Gary Stu than Batman or Iron Man.

Honestly, I really get the impression you never actually read any of the comics featuring those character and just read about them in some wiki article.

Edited by Frank Castle

DC by far. Marvel is okay when dealing with side-characters, but it really fails to pull itself together and tell a solid overarching story IMO. Just look at stuff like One More Day. Not that DC hasn't had its failures, but they seem quite a bit less on the whole... New 52 aside.

Three people are chumps. :P:

Marvel. Their movies are more entertaining, they're actually trying to be more inclusive in their cast of heroes (Ms. Marvel is a legitimately great comic and everyone should read it), and they have Thor.

Also I follow a bunch of Marvel writers I like on Tumblr and they are actually pretty cool people.

I'll see what happens with DC once they give Wonder Woman a movie.

Har that'll be the day. Widow movie is actually in talks but i see no progress at all on anything Wonder Woman. (Pity too, cuz i liked her when i was a child.)

Not real big on comics, but I've heard that DC has much better writing than Marvel.

Pah. Batman has/had some pretty legit writing but there just isnt much outside that, that ive found.

I haven't read a whole lot of DC, but none of it really appeals to me from afar (aside from Batman). Marvel is the way to go. I like so many of their things.

Marvel is okay when dealing with side-characters, but it really fails to pull itself together and tell a solid overarching story IMO. Just look at stuff like One More Day.

You're saying this like "Marvel" is a single person who does all the writing, but no, Marvel is made up of a myriad of writers and artists, and so is DC. And get this, they're not exclusive to any one company either, as has been demonstrated many times when writers and artists have switched sides.

Let's not even go into the whole "pulling itself together" comment, because Stan Lee was one of the first to seamlessly connect every story, making them all take place in the same universe, and it was perfectly executed. It just seems to me like you haven't actually read a whole lot of Marvel. Try Stan Lee's run of Spider-Man, for starters, because I think it, especially, refutes all your points. There are more too, but I don't feel like naming them all.

Edited by Nightmare

I grew up on Marvel characters but around 14-17 I got really into DC. I certainly don't have a favourite but I can name my favourite runs

Ultimate Spider-Man

Immortal Iron Fist

Cable and Deadpool

Nova v2

Inhumans v2

Pretty much all of Cosmic Marvel

Silent War

World War Hulk

X-Men: Messiah Complex

Thor V3

Avengers Disassembled

Avengers vs X-Men

Young Justice 1990's

Flash V2

The Dark Knight Retusn/The Killing Joke/Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader?

Most things involving either Red Robin or Nightwing

Everything in between Green Lantern Rebirth to War of The Green Lanterns

Booster Gold v2

Superman: Birthright/Secret Identitiy/All Star Superman

Kingdom Come

Infinite Crisis

New 52

I'm a sucker for ridiculously OP characters such as The Sentry, Cable literally becoming Jesus, Phoenix being way too powerful and Cyclops getting the Phoenix Force, Wally West's OP powers, Superboy Prime etc.

Edited by Alb

Personally, I think both companies are really good. However, I feel Marvel is superior. The only thing DC's been using as of late that they have going for is Batman. (Note the countless movies and games) Not saying Batman isn't a HUGE marketing figure for DC, but you can only milk a guy in a bat costume who's a multi-billionaire when not in tights so much before it gets old and uninteresting. Marvel, while they do milk their stars just about as much if not more, they have TONS of comics at their disposal. But I need to say another thing: Static Shock. BRING HIM BACK.

Edited by King Orpheus

I've never been super duper big on superheroes, especially the comics, to be honest.. But I definitely like Marvel more. I will give DC one thing, though, they have the Teen Titans, and the Teen Titans cartoon was my favourite thing in the world back when it was still running. But beyond that, I still like Marvel more.

Personally, I think both companies are really good. However, I feel Marvel is superior. The only thing DC's been using as of late that they have going for is Batman. (Note the countless movies and games) Not saying Batman isn't a HUGE marketing figure for DC, but you can only milk a guy in a bat costume who's a multi-billionaire when not in tights so much before it gets old and uninteresting. Marvel, while they do milk their stars just about as much if not more, they have TONS of comics at their disposal. But I need to say another thing: Static Shock. BRING HIM BACK.

What? DC has as a lot of comics at their disposal as well.

Admittedly Marvel seems to have the upperhand on movies overall, The Watchmen and Batman movies far surpass the quality of Marvel movies, on top of that Arrow and Smallville have massive cult followings. Their straight to dvd animation movie department also are of higher quality (IMO) but that may be because they are aiming for a little more mature audience. I however do have a preference for Marvel's tv cartoon series.

I hate to generalize it but the way I see it is that DC tries to have a certain grittiness to their work outside of their comics whereas Marvel has that all round appeal.

Edited by Alb

Marvel, no contest! I just like their heroes and movies better overall, plus Disney owns them now. ^^

Iron Man is also my top favorite cause of the movies. :3

But I have to admit that I've enjoyed all the DC cartoons I've watched and I'm a big Wally West fangirl. <3

have to say Marvel. They make great movies which seem to keep getting better.

The Dark Knight trilogy was incredible although after watching the first two the last one was a disappointment and Man of Steel was terrible.

I don't know all that much about the comics or older movies sadly.

Edited by dragonfang13

How on earth is Mr. Terrific a Gary Stu? Sure, he's a boring, cookie-cutter superhero, but he's no more of a Gary Stu than Batman or Iron Man.Honestly, I really get the impression you never actually read any of the comics featuring those character and just read about them in some wiki article.

You're right. I am guilty of "going on message boards and complaining about things I have never played".

I like DC because of Roy Thomas.

But I also like His Marvel work too.

Marvel has more memorable villains, but DC has a shitton of characters that are part of comic book history. [Fawcett Comics-Captain Marvel (I refuse to call his Shazam), The Blue Beetle (Fox, then others, then Charlton), Plastic Man(Quality Comics), and Wonder Woman (All-American Comics].

Marvel's fun, but I'm not one for long storylines and shit like the Clone Wars thing or the aftereffects of The Civil War series.

Now Project Dynamite on the other hand. <3