How do you feel when a new member joins serenesforest?

Fairly indifferent, I guess. I often think that I should maybe get over there and contribute to a proper welcome for them but I always end up being too afraid of messing it up with my poor English and general clumsiness.

I guess I also feel a bit sorry for the mods, since they might have to take care of a lot of necro posts in the following hours.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly indifferent, I guess. I often think that I should maybe get over there and contribute to a proper welcome for them but I always end up being too afraid of messing it up with my poor English and general clumsiness.

I guess I also feel a bit sorry for the mods, since they might have to take care of a lot of necro posts in the following hours.

^ this basically

compared to other forum sites, i think we're quite nice to the newcomers. you definitely wouldn't get the same treatment on the other forums out there. especially the ones I go on.

I think this is pretty accurate, actually.

most forums I know don't have an introduction section that actually gets any use at all, and "posting an introduction topic? haha good luck

I can never tell whether there's a new person or it's just someone else changing their name again

Yeah, I gave up on a number of people because they keep changing their goddamn names and I can never keep track of them. How do you expect me to keep a friendship with you if you're basically changing your identity every other week? So I don't bother trying any more.