NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Colts offense does damage to them. Small receivers are a mismatch. The 49ers offense are also pretty good at taking them on, and bunch formations against press coverage is good (although they didn't seem to do much press - not that it was necessary). Mobile QBs also give them problems.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers O-line got stomped, they have not really fixed that problem for awhile. Also , Julius Peppers is not as good as they hoped and their secondary is still weak. Their defense could use some more discipline, they fell for too many option/trick plays. Losing BJ Raji also hurt the pack. Fortunately its just the first game and they do not play the seahawks every week so they will be fine.

You can be hardcore and pessimistic. Hoping they win and expecting them to let you down.

This basically sums up most Browns fans (except for the small number who delusionally expect us to win the Super Bowl every year).

And, as for using the Steelers running a QB out of town for poor play as an example of what Browns fans should do, it is something Browns fans do. Way too much. Rookie QB not playing like Aaron Rodgers (bad example after last night) or Peyton Manning? A large number of Browns fans demand to cut him and draft a new one. First-year Head Coach puts up a losing season? A large number of Browns fans demand that he be fired. This constant turnover is one of the reasons the Browns stay consistently terrible. Not that keeping an obvious draft bust like Weeden would've been a good idea, but there were a lot of QBs that clearly had potential but were gotten rid of too early. And almost none of our coaches were given a fair shot.

Oh wow. No wonder the Browns never find a QB to stick with. But yeah, that's another problem, they need to let a QB develop for once so he CAN possibly play like Rodgers or Manning in the future.

This basically sums up most Browns fans (except for the small number who delusionally expect us to win the Super Bowl every year).

And, as for using the Steelers running a QB out of town for poor play as an example of what Browns fans should do, it is something Browns fans do. Way too much. Rookie QB not playing like Aaron Rodgers (bad example after last night) or Peyton Manning? A large number of Browns fans demand to cut him and draft a new one. First-year Head Coach puts up a losing season? A large number of Browns fans demand that he be fired. This constant turnover is one of the reasons the Browns stay consistently terrible. Not that keeping an obvious draft bust like Weeden would've been a good idea, but there were a lot of QBs that clearly had potential but were gotten rid of too early. And almost none of our coaches were given a fair shot.

This FO actually looks good though. Supposedly the 2013 FO was completely toxic, wanting Chud to cut players as an example and then firing Chud... and when all this information got to Jimmy Haslam he fired them and promoted his own guys. This FO was also forced onto Haslam by the NFL because he was a new owner. Having that said, fuck the Browns.

bradford nooooooo!!!! how did i just find out about this today??

"We will rally around Shaun Hill and play good football.". Nice history lesson in there for people willing to listen, but the circumstances aren't the same (Tavon Austin and all of them are no Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, and Zac Stacy is no Marshall Faulk).

Making two prediction adjustments:

New Orleans at Atlanta- The Saints actually have a pretty good road record in Atlanta and I think they're ther stronger team on both sides of the ball.

San Diego at Arizona- With Ellington possibly out, as well as Dockett and Washington, I don't think Arizona is as strong as they were last year

Speaking of predictions, I had forgotten to say something about Lord Raven's prediction that the Panthers will win. Normally, I'd agree that they can stomp the Bucs into oblivion and all, but lately, Cam Newton hasn't been able to scramble around as much as usual because he's still coming off of that ankle surgery and he has to be careful with that still-healing busted rib. The offense is likely going to have some trouble if the Bucs' defense is even fairly decent.

The Panthers have an amazing defense though, so maybe, just MAYBE, they can wall the Bucs' offense long enough for the Panthers' offense to scrape enough points together.

This FO actually looks good though. Supposedly the 2013 FO was completely toxic, wanting Chud to cut players as an example and then firing Chud... and when all this information got to Jimmy Haslam he fired them and promoted his own guys. This FO was also forced onto Haslam by the NFL because he was a new owner. Having that said, fuck the Browns.

"We will rally around Shaun Hill and play good football.". Nice history lesson in there for people willing to listen, but the circumstances aren't the same (Tavon Austin and all of them are no Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, and Zac Stacy is no Marshall Faulk).

yeah, unfortunately not. faulk is a monster.

let's hope those are the magic words for the rams, though!

Some of these media outlets are unreliable; Pats always have this drama of "May or may not play" and I've heard a lot of things about Cam most likely playing tomorrow. Also conflicting things about Andre Ellington.

Aw yeah, Heath Miller is set for success! HEEEEATH. :D

Check it out! He was only kinda slow before because he banged up his knee a couple seasons ago. I don't know how I forgot about that. xP

Also, Cortez Allen will be around for several more years, nice. :D I liked that guy after that hilarious pick he got vs the Packers last year, even though Rodgers was still hurt and not playing at the time. XD

Cam Newton still might be sitting out today, ugh. But it might be for the best. I wouldn't want him to hurt himself even more and the Panthers o-line...yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

God damn it, a stupid flag took away our TD. Bell and Brown though DAYUM. Brown got a really big run AGAIN. I can see why people call this guy underrated for a WR. He was dodging defenders left and right!

I think there should've been a flag on that play where Ben tried to pass to Blount though. It looked like a bit of pass interference right there on the Browns' part. Pulling on Blount's arm.

Edited by Anacybele

HOLY SHIT THAT PLAY BY WHEATON! 40 YARDS and dat two feet in bounds! :O

I kept saying they needed to use him more last year! Yeah, Ben had some trouble connecting with him in the preseason, but that was the preseason. lol

Edited by Anacybele

They got a pick too, but Jarvis Jones saved the day for us! Knocked 'em out of FG range by totally stuffing Hoyer way in the back field. That was TOTALLY sweet!

Edited by Anacybele

WHOA HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANTONIO BROWN AGAIN!! AND BEN TOO!! Just, these two are the BOMB! :D

Ben ran away to get more time after almost getting creamed and then a BEN BOMB TO BROWN FOR A TD! WOOOO!!

Oh, and that crowd was ROARING. lol

Edited by Anacybele

DAAAAAMN LE'VEON BELL!!

These guys are DESTROYING the Browns! I'd say it's a bigger destruction than the Seahawks handed the Broncos in the SB! Just WOW. I didn't even expect a game like this.

Antonio Brown kicking that guy in the face though, yeah, that's a no no. He didn't mean to though, he was trying to jump over him.

Edited by Anacybele