NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Lol Joe Webb is a scrub... Look up a gif that says "Joe Webb throws to the moon.." He was awful as a backup on the Vikings, and that's saying something cause Ponder was the starting QB

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Joe Webb is a scrub... Look up a gif that says "Joe Webb throws to the moon.." He was awful as a backup on the Vikings, and that's saying something cause Ponder was the starting QB

Hey, even scrubs can improve. NFL.com also said that Brandon Weeden is doing better now than he was with the Browns. It really depends on how well a player fits with the team's style and strategies. Webb just seems to fit in better with these Panthers than he did with the Vikings.

But yeah, I'm not saying Webb will be the perfect backup QB for the season or anything. He WAS playing against other secondaries. He did well against them, is what I'm saying.

Preseason is fairly meaningless. If we judged things based on the preseason, then that means that the Colts should've regretted picking Manning over Leaf.

Weeden had a tendency to look decent in camp and in preseason. I doubt he'll improve that much. Him and Webb just made really really boneheaded plays consistently. Webb was also kind of a mess in Minnesota so it could've been coaching... homeboy switched between WR and QB a lot. Frazier was either crazy or desperate, I couldn't tell which.

It's not THAT meaningless. The Steelers lost all four preseason games last year. And went 0-4 in the main season. I saw early losses coming a mile away because of the preseason.

But it's true that preseason wins and losses don't at all completely indicate how well teams will do in the main season.

Edited by Anacybele

It's fairly meaningless. 2008 Lions went 4-0 and 2007 Patriots went 2-2. The former went 0-16, the latter went 16-0. The fourth game is all backups, the third game counts the most, the first and second game is 50-75% backups and lower.

There's more examples of this out there.

Edited by Lord Raven

No... Steelers went 0-4 in the preseason and 8-8 in the regular season.

Furthermore preseason defenses are largely vanilla. There's barely any fancy blitzes or fancy pressure packages; it's generally just like cover 2, cover 3, or prevent or something really basic.

Yeah, yeah, I get it now. lol

Anyway, I'm liking Dri Archer! This little dude is FAST. The team needs to keep him around, that's for sure. Marcus Wheaton starting at WR is a good move too, he's also a fast guy and can sure enough replace Sanders or Cotchery (probably more so Sanders).

I'm thinking some defenders need cut though, they aren't stopping these Giants well at all.

But what the freak was up with that one flag earlier? The announcers said no flag was actually thrown, but refs called a holding on the Steelers anyway. Wtf?

Huh. There have been A LOT of penalties in this game too, almost all of which were on the Giants. Kind of funny how they still manage to stay in the lead after that lol.

The refs have just been super anal about penalties this week.

theyre anal about penalties every preseason

Ana could i get a sprite banner outright? Like, one with like 8 teams on it?

The teams: Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Cardinals, Rams, Lions, Saints, Seahawks

I'm...not sure what you mean exactly. It sounds like a lot of work too. ._.

Gods, those receivers SUCKED at the end of the game. I don't think I can really blame Bryant for that fumble that totally screwed the Steelers over since he looked like he was trying to hold the ball in, but those dropped passes were just unacceptable. You just DON'T drop passes THAT late in the damn game. They need their asses cut. -_-

Oh, but that lateral TD return from earlier, just DAMN. That completely came out of NOWHERE. lol And the Giants thought the play was dead. XD

Edited by Anacybele

OMFG ANTONIO BROWN 76 YARD TD!!

That's why I love that guy! :D

But what the fuck, Suisham, stop missing FGs and start being near perfect at them like you used to!

EDIT: PICKED OFF BY SHAZIER! They were just talking about this guy a minute ago too! That was SWEET. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers win Steelers win Steelers win. :D

They won by the skin of their teeth, but still.

Here's what needs to happen though:

Landry Jones needs his ass cut. He couldn't do SHIT. Gradkowski was WAY better and actually knew what he was doing (even though he threw a pick at a really bad time that thankfully didn't end up losing the game). He should be the backup QB for Ben.

Ryan Shazier needs to start at defense. He was making plays all night while he was on the field, including that pick I mentioned in my previous post!

Dri Archer had ANOTHER amazing run. This guy definitely needs to start on offense. He can run circles around just about anybody, he's so fast!

Finally, our starters looked incredible today. They were smoking the Bills like sausage. If this had been a main season game, I think it would've ended with a blowout rather than 19-16. This is how they need to play when the main season starts, especially since the Ravens are still scaring me. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Our backups couldn't hold the Cowboys backups... they basically got wide open on the same play three times in a row towards the end... I dunno if we're thin at secondary or the Cowboys are deep at receiver or both (probably both).

EDIT: But Deonte Thompson got a return TD and Upshaw got a TD... our offense was not on the field until the second quarter i think

Edited by Lord Raven

REALLY shaky start there for these Panthers, but Cam and his guys are finally getting somewhere! The defense held the Chiefs to field goals, but Cam Newton and company just got a TD. ^^

Newton and his receivers still have work to do on getting in sync though. But that's what comes with getting rid of all the old ones and replacing them with new guys. I've got faith that this can happen though, and when it does, this team will be dangerous once again, especially with how this defense is making such great stops.

EDIT: Now they're cooking with gas! 14-7 Panthers! ^^

Cam doesn't quite seem 100%, though, as he isn't running around as much as he did before. But that's understandable since he's still probably coming off of that ankle surgery. Hopefully he'll be at his best again when the main season starts.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the current team schedules, Ravens looks pretty rough, they start with Bengals, then the Steelers right after and play them again twice during mid season. With Colts somewhere in there. They end off with Saints, Chargers, Dolphins and Jaguars.

Edited by Zephyr

Ugh, CUT LANDRY JONES ALREADY. Fun fact: the Steelers have not gotten ANY points while he was at QB.

Still want him replaced with Tebow.

Anyway, NFL fans, last night wrapped up the preseason, so it's time to get your jerseys, hats, and whatever else you've got to seriously show your team spirit! The main season is set to kick off! Pun intended. ^^

Looking at the current team schedules, Ravens looks pretty rough, they start with Bengals, then the Steelers right after and play them again twice during mid season. With Colts somewhere in there. They end off with Saints, Chargers, Dolphins and Jaguars.

Fuck me with our schedule.

Jaguars shouldn't be too bad especially if they decide to go forward with the whole Bortles resting the year plan. But we're playing the Saints in New Orleans in MNF. Which means one of two things; they blow us the fuck out, or we're in the midst of blowing them out and the lights go off.

Dolphins oline will take a while to mesh and I honestly doubt their oline will be that great. Our pass rush can kill them and their defense was questionable enough that our offense could dink and dunk all day. Chargers ain't shit. That team that went to the divisional round last year was horrific. Nobody deserved the AFC sixth seed last year. Colts will be an issue though.

We play the Bengals in bmore btw, and Dalton threw 7 of his 20 interceptions against us in 2013. Our secondary is marginally better than last year and our front 7 is better as well, so I think he keeps it up. Our offense is finally competent and we can finally run the ball because our center isn't ranked 35 our of 35 centers that have started a game in the league (fun fact: 2013 Ravens' 3.1 YPC is the lowest since the 94 Patriots, the year Bledsoe was a second-year after being picked #1 overall; if you take out Flacco I'm our YPC hit 3.0. That roster that almost hit the playoffs was horrific and it's a testament to John Harbaugh that he almost hit the playoffs with it.) I'm pissed that we play the Steelers on TNF the second week; that's a short week. At least it's at home, but TNF is always horrific unless it's the season opener (see: last year when the Chargers killed the Broncos, or that Patriots/Jets game where Tom Brady failed to complete more than 40% of his passes, etc).

I'm pissed that we start the year with two divisional games. Still, at least we open at home this year unlike that bullshit with the Orioles last year.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, I wouldn't say anyone was deserving of the AFC sixth seed either, even the Steelers (despite how HARD they tried to get it). The Chargers got in because of dumb luck too. It had all come down to a single field goal by the Chiefs, after all. Literally. If that FG had been successful, it would've been the Steelers in the playoffs instead because the Ravens and Dolphins had already lost and the Steelers had already won.

Yeah, this was some crazy shit that I wouldn't want to see happen again. >_<

I'm rather pleased with the Steelers' schedule though. No really tough teams are on it, I just worry about the playoffs with monsters like the Seahawks, Packers with Rodgers at QB (the Steelers squashed them like bugs last season when they didn't have Rodgers), and the Broncos since they appear to definitely be learning from their shitty performance in the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I wouldn't say anyone was deserving of the AFC sixth seed either, even the Steelers (despite how HARD they tried to get it). The Chargers got in because of dumb luck too. It had all come down to a single field goal by the Chiefs, after all. Literally. If that FG had been successful, it would've been the Steelers in the playoffs instead because the Ravens and Dolphins had already lost and the Steelers had already won.

I'm rather pleased with the Steelers' schedule though. No really tough teams are on it, I just worry about the playoffs with monsters like the Seahawks, Packers with Rodgers at QB (the Steelers squashed them like bugs last season when they didn't have Rodgers), and the Broncos since they appear to definitely be learning from their shitty performance in the Super Bowl.

Anna you forgot about the Pats, Colts, Chiefs, Cardinals, Saint, and Niners. Who the steelers would have to get through if they wanted to win it all this year. Also yeah I've pretty much made my picks for the entire post season except that 6 seed out of the afc. I'm leaning ravens or chargers, but I so much wanna say the texans.

I don't think any of those teams are on the Steelers' schedule, actually. But I didn't mean that the teams I mentioned would be the ONLY tough teams to possibly get in the playoffs.

NFL.com's guys lean towards the Steelers and Bengals making the playoffs out of the AFC North. But I think the Ravens are going to be better than the Bengals this season. And I honestly prefer the Bengals. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers needed the FG to go in for them to get in so I wouldn't say dumb luck, Chargers should've already been in, the Texans game had a penalty where when the Texans field goal, and one of the Cornerbacks went in and tried to block it, the ref called a penalty that automatically gave the Texans the ball. The call was a "personal foul." which should've only give a 15 yard penalty after catch on kickoff, instead Texans get a 15 yard penalty but they have the ball again. But I do agree with your statements nobody deserved 6th seed truly.

I don't think Steelers is a playoff team yet this year.Since from their preseason games their defense just doesn't look good, but who knows they might surprise. Ravens look pretty good with their new offensive coordinator,Gary Kubiak, probably going to revitalize Flacco like Ken Whisenhunt did to make Philip Rivers an above average quarterback again.

Honest opinion on AFC, I really think the only teams that can stand up to the Broncos, are the Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts and the Cardinals. I would say Bengals but Dalton is 2nd round QB for a reason. He definitely failed when the Chargers went against the Bengals. I didn't even think the Chargers would win. But at least we have some new defensive threats beside Weddle, like Ingram, Te'o and Butler.

Edited by Zephyr