NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

The steelers got some good players too. Tuitt is a prototypical 3-4 end, I think he is more like 6'5'' 300 lbs, solid choice in the 2nd round. Dri Archer is explosive to say the least, according to the ESPN guys Kent State got a lot out of him and the kid can fly, overall a good selection in the 3rd round as a WR/RB option.

Facebook listed Tuitt's height at 6'7" and his weight at 313 lbs, but I guess that could be wrong lol. He sounds like he'll do wonders for our defense regardless though!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea why the Browns haven't drafted a WR yet. I guess it's never too early to start tanking for a high pick in next year's draft. I mean, even if Manziel is as good as the hype indicates, who is he going to throw to now that Josh Gordon is out for a year? I mean, there's always Jordan Cameron, but our offense is predictable enough already without throwing to the same guy over and over.

Probably cause they're also rebuilding and looking for BPA? I don't believe in going "player of need" the whole draft, I believe in finding developmental talent or general talent and working with that. And besides a third day pick in this draft is better than a second day in last year's.

Browns definitely have more holes than WR, though.

So, the rest of the Steelers' picks. Shaquille Richardson, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Zumwalt, Daniel McCullers, Rob Blanchflower. It doesn't say what positions they play in this picture, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. :P

EDIT: Ah, wait, here we are. They're Tight Ends, Cornerbacks, Defensive Ends, Linebackers, and Offensive Tackles. All those fans that whined about a CB can relax now. lol

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

Is it okay if I revive this thread even though it's a little over a month old? It WAS meant to be for the entire 2014-2015 NFL season...

I come with some tragic Steeler news. One of their old, but legendary coaches has suddenly passed away at age 82. No, it's not Dick Lebeau. It's Chuck Noll. RIP, man. :(

Edited by Anacybele

RIP indeed. An all-timer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dick LeBeau is immortal (look at him go!), but if he does die, I can only imagine what the reaction will be. James Harrison started crying when ESPN just showed him a video of LeBeau in an interview. A really great moment.

sometimes players think they deserve more money than the team thinks they deserve, and feel disrespected by that team because of a low ball offer. Though I don't really remember exact details of Harrison leaving, but I'm pretty sure age also had a lot to do with it, people don't get younger.

Basically, releasing Harrison created $5 million of cap space that the Steelers used to sign Emmanuel Sanders, among others. They tried to renegotiate Harrison's contract, but nothing came of it. Players tend to be prideful about that sort of thing, and rightfully so. But he was slowing down.

Edited by BuddyBoy

Oh, I see. Makes sense.

NFL Network is showing clips and stuff from the four Super Bowls the Steelers won in the 70s in Noll's memory. Hines Ward got to meet the guy, he's so lucky!

Some players would rather make millions to play instead of a lower base salary only to have their body continue to break down. I don't think it's about pride so much as wanting to make all that money guaranteed.

Think of a 33 year old Anquan Boldin who would save around 6 million in cap space, but would not take a pay cut because he was already contemplating retirement and he shouldn't feel the need to play for 3 million dollars if he feels his body will continue to break down, especially given that he's used as a possession receiver over the middle which would really mess him up. Welker is in the same spot in his career. Suggs decided he'd rather stay on a team he likes and take a guaranteed money over six years (because the Ravens are trigger happy about cuts) than gamble it out and possibly get a smaller contract or no contract as he gets older.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, that sounds understandable. Nobody wants to get paid less if their body is just breaking down more.

But this is about Chuck Noll, so back to him. From what I saw on TV, this guy was indeed amazing. And is still the only coach to this day that won four Super Bowls. I almost shed a tear. He was incredible. Pretty much as important to Pittsburghers as Myron Cope was (he made the famous Terrible Towel that other sports teams eventually copied). And Myron Cope was also awesome.

RIP both of them. I believe Myron Cope had passed in 08 or 09.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, gonna update so this thread doesn't die again. The preseason starts in about a month! I hope everyone's looking forward to seeing the rookies in action. ^^

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Bears draft picks will turn out, I think the additions to the DL will help a ton and Kyle Fuller/Peanut Tillman should be great for the corners especially with Jennings coming in to play Nickel. Secondary will be much improved if Tillman stays healthy.

i am.

to be honest you probably don't need to bump. there's no discussion because nothing discussable is happening yet. we'll get there. :)

Threads can't be posted in again if they haven't had any new posts in over a month. And I see no reason to remake this thread. xP

I'm really looking forward to the Steelers' performance this season, especially since an article I read this morning said Ben should have the best year of all the 2004 QBs. And that draft included Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers, who had Ben eclipsed back then. But for all of them, it's their ten year anniversary! Oh, and did you know that Ben got Offensive Rookie of the Year that year he was a rookie? ^^ Way to go, Big Ben!

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just patiently waiting for the year the Patriots don't make the playoffs.

And the year the Jets don't suck.

Though seeing as how the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are slowly rising while the Patriots decline, it's going to be real exciting in a few years.

I'm just patiently waiting for the year the Patriots don't make the playoffs.

And the year the Jets don't suck.

Though seeing as how the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are slowly rising while the Patriots decline, it's going to be real exciting in a few years.

._.

Both of those might take a while to actually happen.

Also as a side note am I the only one who has been really underwhelmed by the dolphins and bengals this offseason.

I feel like the NY Jets were one of the most underrated teams. Like everyone laughs at them for their HC and off field stuff, but they had one of the best defenses in the league (seriously their front 3 was probably one of the best if not the best) and they won 7 (I'm pretty sure, I need to check though) games with their supposed zero talent offense. I am not a Jets fan but they are not as far off as some people make em out to be, I feel like if they didn't have their past reputation, a lot more people would be really high on them. Though with the Pats on top it is tough to win the division.

I feel like the NY Jets were one of the most underrated teams. Like everyone laughs at them for their HC and off field stuff, but they had one of the best defenses in the league (seriously their front 3 was probably one of the best if not the best) and they won 7 (I'm pretty sure, I need to check though) games with their supposed zero talent offense. I am not a Jets fan but they are not as far off as some people make em out to be, I feel like if they didn't have their past reputation, a lot more people would be really high on them. Though with the Pats on top it is tough to win the division.

For once a non-Jets fan actually shares my opinion. I'm not gonna lie, but Geno Smith sucked last year, yet they still won 8 games. I think that tells you something about the team and coach. Then you compare them to a team with a great quarterback like the Lions in Matthew Stafford, who were only 7-9.

Everyone says the Jets suck as a team, yet with the worst quarterback in the league (the most important position) they still came out better than other teams with good quarterbacks (like the Steelers, Giants, Falcons and Lions).

Sorry, but as a Jets fan, I'm a bit desperate for respect.

Don't get me wrong, they have the best front four in football. They have a top 10 secondary. But they also have the 32nd best starter in the NFL. According to current coaches and GMs. They won't get better with Geno Smith, and it seems to me that they're gonna try for a while to make the playoffs with geno. I don't think it can be done. He lost you four or five games last year. Not, didn't win, flat out lost them for you. That's why they won't get better it's not the defense or the lack of talent it's the stubbornness with bad QBs.

Don't get me wrong, they have the best front four in football. They have a top 10 secondary. But they also have the 32nd best starter in the NFL. According to current coaches and GMs. They won't get better with Geno Smith, and it seems to me that they're gonna try for a while to make the playoffs with geno. I don't think it can be done. He lost you four or five games last year. Not, didn't win, flat out lost them for you. That's why they won't get better it's not the defense or the lack of talent it's the stubbornness with bad QBs.

Yeah, that's why I'm glad they got Vick. After the 4 nightmarish years of Sanchez, I have zero patience for young quarterbacks. If Geno starts sucking anytime this year, I pray they replace him with Vick and move on. Unfortunately, as you said, they are ridiculously stubborn about their homegrown talent, which I can't stand.

The expectations for young quarterbacks as increased over the years, with RGIII, Luck and Wilson being premiere examples. If you draft a quarterback, and he doesn't get it together in a year or two, it's time to move on.

I'm curious to see what happens to Manziel over the years.

Don't get me started on Manziel and espn right now. You'd think he was actually a starter or even the better QB. Brian hoyer will outplay him. Now the question is will he be able to stay healthy.