NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on if Mike Evans is still on the board there (I doubt it). If he is, he's not really that much of a downgrade compared to Watkins.

Yeah if you can get Mike this is easily worth it but if not you don't have a lot of good looking picks.

Yeah if you can get Mike this is easily worth it but if not you don't have a lot of good looking picks.

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD he's gone...

Cleveland will remember this, Buccaneers. Your city is already on our list due to the Indians vs. Rays wild card game last year, but now you'll stand in awe as we... ineffectually complain about you even louder, I guess.

In all fairness, the Browns probably wouldn't have done the smart thing, anyway.

Edit: And now we traded up? What did we give up for this?

Edited by ClevelandSteve

browns and manziel (if vikings don't take him)? The one thing that I didn't like what cleveland did in that trade was not get another pick in this years draft other than the bills 1st round pick.

also aaron donald for the bears!

edit: woh cleveland jumped up to 8!

edit 2: what justin gilbert really? well i guess they only lost a 5th round pick anyways.

Edited by metalsnowman3

Cleveland wants Manziel. They traded back to take him. Then remembered Minnesota wants him.

Edit: What? I guess I can see the defense upgrade but I don't see the need to trade up for Gilbert...

Edited by Da Bear

Justin Gilbert? Wasn't expecting that. Why did we give up a pick to move up one slot for him?

Edit: Oh, yeah. It's because we're the Browns and we ignore all offensive needs unless we plan on filling them with obvious busts.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

just as kiper and gruden said, gilbert isn't great at tackling, and finesse corners are usually not great (unless you are deion sanders). heck, clevelend has haden and he is great and anything but finesse. they must have had gilbert very high on their board.

just as kiper and gruden said, gilbert isn't great at tackling, and finesse corners are usually not great (unless you are deion sanders). heck, clevelend has haden and he is great and anything but finesse. they must have had gilbert very high on their board.

So, our front office is still full of morons? That's been the story of the Browns for quite awhile.

Edit: I wonder if I should copyright the phrase "Bustin Gilbert". I'll probably end up making quite a bit in royalties.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

well its hard to condemn the pick so early, like im not a scout. I personally did not like bortles going that high because his mechanics give me pause with that lack of arm strength but he could be amazing qb who knows. maybe gilbert is the next deion sanders (or just great cb) cause he is definitely tall and very athletic and very good ball skills.

also, mel kiper is awesome, his brutal honesty combined with his delivery is so funny sometimes.

Edited by metalsnowman3

Bortles' issue isn't arm strength. Mechanics (off-balance passes etc) and decision making is. He's going to sit a year or two. Dude is ridiculously talented. I think Rodgers' issues weren't too different from Bortles' early on. He's not a lost cause. The only difference here is that he won't have McCarthy to tutor him up.

Trading down? Seriously? We needed that pick! Hopefully we got a good number of picks out of this...

Edit: We got two 2015 picks. I mean, sure, one of them was a first rounder, but we need picks this year.

Why do you need picks this year when you can ensure your future? You still have #26.

So, our front office is still full of morons? That's been the story of the Browns for quite awhile.

Cut this shit out. For real. Jimmy Smith was kind of finesse his first two years (very raw), but he started the good part of his career taking out Crabtree in the Super Bowl, then shutting down Josh Gordon, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, etc. CB is ridiculously hard to play, and a talent like Gilbert is hard to pass up.

You also have the Bills' former DC, and the Bills had a ridiculously good secondary last year. I would not count them out lol

Edited by Lord Raven

Cut this shit out. For real. Jimmy Smith was kind of finesse his first two years, but he started the good part of his career taking out Crabtree in the Super Bowl, then shutting down Josh Gordon, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, etc. CB is ridiculously hard to play, and a talent like Gilbert is hard to pass up.

My main issue is that our defense is already pretty solid (even though we lost TJ Ward and D'Qwell Jackson as players and Ray Horton as defensive coordinator, three of our defense's most important parts), while our offense (barring Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and possibly Brian Hoyer) is a joke, and yet we spend 95% of our first round picks either ignoring our offensive needs altogether or drafting incredibly obvious busts like Brandon Weeden.

yeah bortles can definitely be good, I just think bridgewater and his great mechanics and pocket presence would be more desirable. yeah i watched that gruden qb camp with bortles and he has great grit and talent.

no aaron donald one pick away!!!!! Rams defensive line is just scary now.

yeah bortles can definitely be good, I just think bridgewater and his great mechanics and pocket presence would be more desirable. yeah i watched that gruden qb camp with bortles and he has great grit and talent.

I'm really starting to hope Bridgewater's still on the board at #26 (I doubt he'll be there, but I can hope). As much as I'd love to draft Carlos Hyde and have Brian Hoyer as our starting QB, Ben Tate is a good enough RB to be our starter and we don't know if Hoyer was just a mediocre QB who had a few good games (or if he truly recovered from his injuries).

My main issue is that our defense is already pretty solid (even though we lost TJ Ward and D'Qwell Jackson as players and Ray Horton as defensive coordinator, three of our defense's most important parts), while our offense (barring Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and possibly Brian Hoyer) is a joke, and yet we spend 95% of our first round picks either ignoring our offensive needs altogether or drafting incredibly obvious busts like Brandon Weeden.

Your secondary was pretty bad last year. Joe Haden and TJ Ward can't do everything themselves. You needed an FS and another CB.

I guess Dix wasn't meant to be unless we mortgage a 2015 first rounder. But CJ Mosley will hopefully be a beast, provided Harbaugh decides to start a rookie this year.

Edited by Lord Raven

So we get a guy called Ryan Shazier. He sounds promising, but Steeler fans on Facebook are all "should've picked Dennard!" and crap. Geez, can't they at LEAST give the guy a chance? Now I see why some people find Steeler fans annoying.

So we get a guy called Ryan Shazier. He sounds promising, but Steeler fans on Facebook are all "should've picked Dennard!" and crap. Geez, can't they at LEAST give the guy a chance? Now I see why some people find Steeler fans annoying.

Shazier went to Ohio State. While it pains me to have to root against him now, I can attest that he was a good pick.

Well, I have no doubt that it was a good pick because this is the Steelers we're talking about, but fans are saying we needed a cornerback more and that this Dennard guy would've been an even better pick.

But I'm happy as long as the guy does good work on the field.

Incoming angry call from my sister...

So, Browns choose another controversial QB at #22? Last two times we did that didn't work out so well. And we gave up a third round choice for Manziel. Should've just stayed put and picked Bridgewater at #26.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

i think they were saying they still have 2 3rd round picks, and you can't always look at the past. like the lions taking all those receivers in consecutive years; Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams were all busts, but that doesn't mean they don't take calvin johnson when he grades out the best at that point (he turned out pretty good).

edit: also I will never understand why weeden was taken so early as a 30 year old qb, like even if he was not a bust he was so old that he needs to grade out like andrew luck to be taken that high.

Edited by metalsnowman3